The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

5 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

WOW congrats to the Avs for making it to the Stanley Cup Finals! The Oilers tried hard but it just seemed they couldn't come up with the right answers. It's Game 4 in the east tonight! I would be lying if I said I was not a bit on the apprehensive side of things today. I just hope Tampa comes at the Rags wit the same (or more) intensity as they did in game 3! Hopefully with a win the momentum will carry over to game 5. It is pretty much a certainty our star forward Brayden Point is done for the remainder of the season. He definitely is out for  game 4! So as the Lightning do pretty well at "next man up" someone has to fill that void. My only hope is the Bolts go on to win this series, while Colorado lays back &  gets too much rest! 😆 Only time will tell.

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

The final is going to be amazing and I think the Avs will do fine with a little time off :wink:

Just curious, what does TBH signify?  I see it on the Bolts helmets and don't know what company it stands for.

Cheers!   Go Avs!

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

The final is going to be amazing and I think the Avs will do fine with a little time off :wink:

Just curious, what does TBH signify?  I see it on the Bolts helmets and don't know what company it stands for.

Cheers!   Go Avs!

I think it's actually TGH, which would stand for Tampa General Hospital...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose said:

NY may regret not closing out game 4.  Bolts in six?

Yeah, I hate when my team tries to hang on to a lead in the third. Play your game! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I think it's actually TGH, which would stand for Tampa General Hospital...

Oops, dumb typo.  Thanks :blush:    One last thing, I heard one of the Bolts had a family member pass away recently.  I didn't catch the name of the player when they were talking about it on the after game show.

Edited by Rhyta

So as most of Y'all know Tampa dominated the NY Rags 4-1 (one empty netter) last night! The only scoring NY could muster was a 6 on 4 PP with 3 minutes left! Everything thing seems to be clicking for Tampa! Hopefully the momentum will carry on to "The Garden" tomorrow night! The only truly annoying thing about last night is having to listen to the ESPN morons swoon over the Rangers! At one point saying NY was up 2-0 when it was Tampa! When it was 3 nothing all they talked about is how young and fast the Rangers are. When the home town crowd starting mocking The NYR "Igor" chant after the 3rd goal the idiots start talking about what respect the home crowd has for their goalie! When NY finally did score (6 on 4 PP) then all the talk was how good NY's PP is!!:facepalm::rage::bitchslap:If anything positive was said about the Lightning it was in a oh yeah Tampa does some good things sometimes type verbage! I realize Tampa never gets respect but the ESPN crew acts like they wanna have the NYR's babies! Anyway on to game 5 to see if me Bolts can pull out a win on the road!!

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Oops, dumb typo.  Thanks :blush:    One last thing, I heard one of the Bolts had a family member pass away recently.  I didn't catch the name of the player when they were talking about it on the after game show.

I have not heard anything about this:confused:? I will research. 

10 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I have not heard anything about this:confused:? I will research. 

I actually found it later after I posted.  It was an assistant coach Derek Lalonde who lost his Mom.  I saw Cirelli talking to a reporter after the game.  Believe they had a tweet about it.  Said they dedicated the game to him.   That's sad.  Reminds me of Martin St. Louis losing his mom during a playoff years ago.  :rose:

• Like 1

Game Day!!!

Tampa has to win at least one on the road in this series so tonight would be as good as any! There has been some whispering of a return of Brayden Point too. This is all based on him not being ruled out! Only time will tell...

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

wOw what a WIN what a WIN!!!

On the road in a hostile barn, Tampa comes up with a HUGE 3-1 come from behind victory!! Tampa now leads this series 3-2 and returns to Tampa Saturday! I can tell you Amalie is going to be LIT UP!!! I will be there! Hopefully me Bolts will be able to close this series out! It definitely appears Tampa has the Rangers number!!! On another note last night's game ended in a melee with our captain Stammer laying down the hammer on Rangers Alexis Lafrenière while 3 other pairs  we're going at it as well!! As mentioned before WHAT A WIN!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, Nova Carmina said:

After Tampa wins the series, will history look at this as a great meltdown, or just one of those things?

Tampa has a habit of scoring tying/winning goals near the end of periods/games. They don't play to run out the clock in the last two minutes, they step on the gas, more than any other team in recent years. Any team playing them, especially in the playoffs, should know this. I don't think of the Rangers as suffering a meltdown, but they certainly could have clamped down a little better the last couple games.

• Like 2

On 6/8/2022 at 9:09 AM, Nova Carmina said:

After Tampa wins the series, will history look at this as a great meltdown, or just one of those things?

It would probably not even rise to the level of being considered Leafian.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Tampa has a habit of scoring tying/winning goals near the end of periods/games. They don't play to run out the clock in the last two minutes, they step on the gas, more than any other team in recent years. Any team playing them, especially in the playoffs, should know this. I don't think of the Rangers as suffering a meltdown, but they certainly could have clamped down a little better the last couple games.

As is often the case in the playoffs, Shesterkin is going to have to carry the Rangers on his back if they're going to come back from this.

A coach always said that when the goalie makes a mistake it shows up on the scoreboard, and that's the difference.  Shesterkin unfortunately has to assume that if he gives up 2 goals his team will lose.  It's not fair, but that's how it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I am willing to bet game 6 will start on the same note game 5 Ended on!

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

You mean the fighting and Tampa scoring? 

• Like 1

Avs are waiting for their opponent, Kuemper looks good to go in goal.  Either Wednesday or Saturday of next week.  :pirate:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs are waiting for their opponent, Kuemper looks good to go in goal.  Either Wednesday or Saturday of next week.  :pirate:

Hopefully we'll know tonight if Tampa can take the series from the Rangers!  I'm on pins & needles counting down the hours!!! Only time will tell!

GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• The topic was unpinned