The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Colorado stoned on a dozen solid chances to get the score to 3-1, and Edmonton scores one to tie it at 2-2!

And an Oiler powerplay coming up...

18 minutes ago, goose said:

Colorado stoned on a dozen solid chances to get the score to 3-1, and Edmonton scores one to tie it at 2-2!

And an Oiler powerplay coming up...

And the Oilers come up empty.

Avs pick up the go ahead goal. 3-2 Colorado

• Like 1

Three lost games, now.

My Edmonton loyalty feels hopeless!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bahamas said:

Three lost games, now.

My Edmonton loyalty feels hopeless!

Draisaitl is hurting out there. Smith leaky as usual. And when you're trying to tie the game with a few minutes left, is having Barrie taking five shots from the blue line really the best option? 

• Like 1

Tough game, Smith was holding his end up for quite a while.  Avs power play went dry but they managed to adjust and get points when needed.  Kadri is out for the remainder of the playoffs.  Evander is a menace, there was no reason for that cheap shot.

Go Avs!

Can I just say one thing...

WHEW!!! WOW!!! OMG!!! (Okay technically that was 3 things) 😆

It truly looked like me BOLTs we're going to drop a critical game 3 or at least at minimum force an OT period knotted up @ 2 -2 late in the 3rd! Our house was filled with loud passionate Rangers fans! We had our work cut out trying to drown them out with our own passion! Nothing that Tampa fans are not used to! However with 40 + - seconds left in the 3rd one of our most underrated players #18 Andrej Palat scores the game winning goal!!! I (the rest of the barn) sang Sweet Caroline! The house came down!!! Tampa needs another BIG win Tuesday to even up the series! Only time will tell!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Can I just say one thing...

WHEW!!! WOW!!! OMG!!! (Okay technically that was 3 things) 😆

It truly looked like me BOLTs we're going to drop a critical game 3 or at least at minimum force an OT period knotted up @ 2 -2 late in the 3rd! Our house was filled with loud passionate Rangers fans! We had our work cut out trying to drown them out with our own passion! Nothing that Tampa fans are not used to! However with 40 + - seconds left in the 3rd one of our most underrated players #18 Andrej Palat scores the game winning goal!!! I (the rest of the barn) sang Sweet Caroline! The house came down!!! Tampa needs another BIG win Tuesday to even up the series! Only time will tell!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Lightning got physical with Shesterkin. I wonder if that continues. 

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Lightning got physical with Shesterkin. I wonder if that continues. 

Bet Rangers will go after Vasi if that continues, hope not don't want to see more injuries.  Good game.

Edited by Rhyta

Evander gets 1 game suspension, good but should have been more.

Update, Kadri had thumb surgery, doubtful he will return.  J.T. Compher will have to take up the slack.

Go Avs!

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Eric Nesterenko has passed away at age 88. Played 1,013 games for the Hawks. 1961 champion. R.I.P.  :rose:

RIP :rose:

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Evander gets 1 game suspension, good but should have been more.

Update, Kadri had thumb surgery, doubtful he will return.  J.T. Compher will have to take up the slack.

Go Avs!

He got off easy because of who it was. Kadri is a dirty piece of c***

• Like 1

Go Edmonton Go!!!!

It can change in a heartbeat, keep going!!!!

• Like 1

5-5

Goodness...

Will be back to log off in a moment...

Edited by Bahamas
Because I'm a dullard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bahamas said:

5-5

Goodness...

Will be back to log off in a moment...

Helluva game tonight.  A shame we didn't get more games between these two clubs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, goose said:

Helluva game tonight.  A shame we didn't get more games between these two clubs.

All Edmonton needs is better goaltending. But then again, they've known that for at least a few seasons now. Their D isn't first rate but with their offense it'll do.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, edhunter said:

I haven't liked Kadri because he was always taking stupid penalties and cheap shots but he played clean this year besides turning into a scoring machine.  Evander is in the same mold but I don't think he is ever going to stop being a goon.  Evander has a lot of suspensions himself so I am surprised he didn't get more games but he screwed his team over in the whole incident as well.

Edited by Rhyta

6 hours ago, goose said:

I never expected the Avs to sweep this round, figured it would go 5-6 games.  Edmonton will get there just have to have a deeper team. Heard Spirit of Radio and Tom Sawyer tonight, good omen.

Yay for the Avs!  So happy they finally got back to the Finals.  Mom was a big fan, so I know she's smiling up in Heaven :yes::heart:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, edhunter said:

This just in:  Kane will be out for the remainder of the playoffs

• Haha 3

WOW congrats to the Avs for making it to the Stanley Cup Finals! The Oilers tried hard but it just seemed they couldn't come up with the right answers. It's Game 4 in the east tonight! I would be lying if I said I was not a bit on the apprehensive side of things today. I just hope Tampa comes at the Rags wit the same (or more) intensity as they did in game 3! Hopefully with a win the momentum will carry over to game 5. It is pretty much a certainty our star forward Brayden Point is done for the remainder of the season. He definitely is out for  game 4! So as the Lightning do pretty well at "next man up" someone has to fill that void. My only hope is the Bolts go on to win this series, while Colorado lays back &  gets too much rest! 😆 Only time will tell.

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

WOW congrats to the Avs for making it to the Stanley Cup Finals! The Oilers tried hard but it just seemed they couldn't come up with the right answers. It's Game 4 in the east tonight! I would be lying if I said I was not a bit on the apprehensive side of things today. I just hope Tampa comes at the Rags wit the same (or more) intensity as they did in game 3! Hopefully with a win the momentum will carry over to game 5. It is pretty much a certainty our star forward Brayden Point is done for the remainder of the season. He definitely is out for  game 4! So as the Lightning do pretty well at "next man up" someone has to fill that void. My only hope is the Bolts go on to win this series, while Colorado lays back &  gets too much rest! 😆 Only time will tell.

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Go get 'em!

19 minutes ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Damn, sucks that Point is down for the count.

Just hoping this doesn't become a "jack the goalie" series, there's been enough of that crap already.  Officials should be advised to keep an especially keen eye out for that, and deal with it.  Double minors, or let them sit for five.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Damn, sucks that Point is down for the count.

Just hoping this doesn't become a "jack the goalie" series, there's been enough of that crap already.  Officials should be advised to keep an especially keen eye out for that, and deal with it.  Double minors, or let them sit for five.

I was going to say that's the only advantage the East has over Colorado, the goaltender, but after your post, it's TBD.  

• The topic was unpinned