The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

This series has been so exciting but I almost couldn't watch the last 50 seconds..then Helm gets the goal.  So happy for the Avs to beat the 2nd round curse.  The team really played hard and deserved the win.

Now let's see how Smith will handle all the shots the Avs are going to be aiming at him :pirate:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

This series has been so exciting but I almost couldn't watch the last 50 seconds..then Helm gets the goal.  So happy for the Avs to beat the 2nd round curse.  The team really played hard and deserved the win.

Now let's see how Smith will handle all the shots the Avs are going to be aiming at him :pirate:

I watched up to the second then eyelids got too heavy 😆 I am happy the team you have been rooting for advances. As you know Tampa is still in a holding pattern to see who wins between NYR vs CAR. CAR can close it out in "The Garden" tonight, however in this series no team has figured out how to win on the road. If this series goes to a 7th game, round 3 for us may not start til as late as Thursday! Then the "Rest vs Rust debating will be in full swing! I am going to try to watch that game tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I watched up to the second then eyelids got too heavy 😆 I am happy the team you have been rooting for advances. As you know Tampa is still in a holding pattern to see who wins between NYR vs CAR. CAR can close it out in "The Garden" tonight, however in this series no team has figured out how to win on the road. If this series goes to a 7th game, round 3 for us may not start til as late as Thursday! Then the "Rest vs Rust debating will be in full swing! I am going to try to watch that game tonight. 

The official 3rd round schedule has been released for the TBL vs NYR/CAR series.

Game 1 will be played 06/01/22 8pm

• Like 1

At the IIHF 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships in Tampere, Helsinki, Finland, in the playoff semi-finals, Canada, had to play Czechia, and Canada, won 6-1.  In the other playoff semi-finals, U.S., had to play Finland, and Finland, won 4-3.  In the final for the Gold medal, it'll be Canada, and Finland.  For the Bronze medal, it'll be U.S., and Czechia.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Derek19 said:

In the playoff semi-finals, Canada, had to play Czechia, and Canada, won 6-1.  In the other playoff semi-finals, U.S., had to play Finland, and Finland, won 4-3.  In the final for the Gold medal, it'll be Canada, and Finland.  For the Bronze medal, it'll be U.S., and Czechia.

:music: A little bit of Sandra in the sun, a little bit of Mary all night long...:music:

• Like 1

The NYR/CAR series remains true to it's form as the Rangers beat the Hurricanes 5-2 in "The Garden" last night. This has been the series where no one can lose at home and no one can win on the road. So if anything is going to change it will have to be on Winner Take All Monday! Will this be the game the visitors win and the home team loses? Or will it be just another game where the home team wins and the visitors loses? Either way we here in Tampa anxiously await the final results? Only time will tell...

• Like 1

At the IIHF 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships in Tampere, Helsinki, Finland, in the final for the Gold medal, Canada, lost 4-3 in overtime to Finland.  For the Bronze medal, U.S., lost 8-4 to Czechia.

One thing I forgot to mention, was happy to see Laila at the Blues game.  She's the gal who was really sick with HLH in 2019 and the Blues made her a team mascot (of sorts) and she got to see them win the Stanley Cup.  They even gave her a ring, that is cool.

Anyway, she is looking so much better now and was there with the Blues mascot Louie cheering on her team at their home games.  So happy for her. :wub:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

New York getting it done so far through the first period, scoring on two power plays and blanking Carolina on two of their own.  Shesterkin is locked in

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, goose said:

New York getting it done so far through the first period, scoring on two power plays and blanking Carolina on two of their own.  Shesterkin is locked in

I think Igor is definitely the better of the two goalies in this series...

• Like 1

So the Eastern Conference Series will be Tampa Bay Lightning VS New York Rangers. 1st puck drops Wednesday night 8pm! Looking forward to a good series!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And better of the three. :wink:

Are you saying I got is better than Vassy?

Or that he was better than all 3 Hurricane goalies?

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Are you saying I got is better than Vassy?

Or that he was better than all 3 Hurricane goalies?

Well, Andersen didn't play so I'm not counting him, but Kochetkov, :facepalm:  you might as well put me in. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, apetersvt said:

Let's go Nordiques/Avs

bd1381df1768c94c543119c1e5be273e--alex-lifeson-rock-band.jpg

Ah, Lindros' favorite jersey...but without him, I'm thinking the Avalanche would still have 0 Cups. 

52 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Ah, Lindros' favorite jersey...but without him, I'm thinking the Avalanche would still have 0 Cups. 

Yup.  Probably wouldn't have won it in 96 and 01.  But if things were different they may have made a run under other circumstances (but not likely)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, apetersvt said:

Yup.  Probably wouldn't have won it in 96 and 01.  But if things were different they may have made a run under other circumstances (but not likely)

Flyers screwed that up royally, thinking they have another Lemieux. Back to today's events, both teams change goalies. I may be in the minority, but I think more highly of the back-ups than the starters here. 

• The topic was unpinned