The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

4 minutes ago, goose said:

A good one so far, with Edmonton putting a ton of pressure on Calgary.  

Both Smith and Markstrom solid in goal so far

Markstrom stops 19 first period shots on goal!

Calgary gets greedy on the opening penalty kill and sets up an Edmonton goal on the counter to a short-handed attack

1-0 Oilers

And Calgary ingenuity strikes again!  This time a blue zone dish back to a Flame teammate who was unfortunately skating off the ice.  The ensuing Edmonton break sets up Kane for an easy goal.

2-0 Oilers.

Make it 3-0.  They're scoring faster than I can post!

On 5/21/2022 at 8:47 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Kadri did his job, and I don't mean the goal. 

:glare:  I haven't liked Kadri at times but this year he has played well and kept out of trouble.  In reviewing the play, there is no intent to injure especially since Rosen fell on Binnington as well.  Girard took a nasty hit from Barbashev earlier but no one is calling Barbashev out.

Binnington didn't help his case by throwing a water bottle at Kadri during an interview after the game, especially since he swung his goalie stick at Kadri at a game in the regular season. There's plenty of jerk reactions to go around.  So now on cue death threats ensue, really disgusting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rhyta said:

:glare:  I haven't liked Kadri at times but this year he has played well and kept out of trouble.  In reviewing the play, there is no intent to injure especially since Rosen fell on Binnington as well.  Girard took a nasty hit from Barbashev earlier but no one is calling Barbashev out.

Binnington didn't help his case by throwing a water bottle at Kadri during an interview after the game, especially since he swung his goalie stick at Kadri at a game in the regular season. There's plenty of jerk reactions to go around.  So now on cue death threats ensue, really disgusting.

Rosen pushed Kadri to the side, and yet Kadri somehow managed to advance forward into Binnington. Just to be clear. 

• Like 1

Tampa Bay wins 1-0, sweep Panthers.  Congratulations Bolts.  The Cats should get in touch with Barry Trotz as this series imploded the Andrew Barnett "interim coach" label, imho.

• Like 2

OMG!!!

Can you say SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

OMG!

F**in  wOw!!!!

Sorry pjbear! But holy $#!T !!!!

I honestly never saw this result coming into round 2!!

OMG! 

LET'S GO LIGHTING!!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Rosen pushed Kadri to the side, and yet Kadri somehow managed to advance forward into Binnington. Just to be clear. 

Not from the replays I saw, if there was a clear case for him deliberately running into Binnington then the league would have ruled on it.  If you want to see deliberate intention to run into a goalie, look at Lucic and Smith colliding Sunday.

Kadri has worked hard this year to be a better player and after the game tonight, has nothing to apologize for.  :imo:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Tampa Bay wins 1-0, sweep Panthers.  Congratulations Bolts.  The Cats should get in touch with Barry Trotz as this series imploded the Andrew Barnett "interim coach" label, imho.

I am so surprised at this meltdown.  I also wonder why they got Thornton to help the team then let him sit on the bench until tonight?  President's Trophy burns another team.

• Like 1

Avs take a 3-1 lead and go back to Denver with two road wins.  Tonight was a great game and the Avs looked strong even with the rough stuff the Blues dished out.   Poetic justice (after death threats) with Kadri getting a hat trick and refusing to fight with Perron and others.

Go Avs! :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Well it appears the President's Trophy curse is still in working order as Tampa sweeps the Panthers in a 2-0 shutout! Vassy was in superhuman form by defending 49 shots on goal an not let one get to the back of his net. Also with this sweep some well needed rest as we wait to see who wins the NYR vs CAR series. I'm usually not a fan of this team getting too much rest as historically it ends up being rust for Tampa. However I believe this is the best time for a well deserved rest. Tampa now just 8 wins away from a 3peat!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs take a 3-1 lead and go back to Denver with two road wins.  Tonight was a great game and the Avs looked strong even with the rough stuff the Blues dished out.   Poetic justice (after death threats) with Kadri getting a hat trick and refusing to fight with Perron and others.

Go Avs! :clap:

We'll agree to disagree on some of this, but clearly the Avs are a great team and playing better than the Blues these last couple. Where there is breath, there is hope! 

• Like 1

Quarterfinals at Worlds are set: Canada-Sweden, USA-Switzerland, Finland-Slovakia, Czech Rep-Germany. Lately, star players are refusing to go to Europe and Canada has to try and win these championships using worker ants.  :rolleyes:

On 5/24/2022 at 7:29 AM, Nova Carmina said:

We'll agree to disagree on some of this, but clearly the Avs are a great team and playing better than the Blues these last couple. Where there is breath, there is hope! 

This has been a tough series and great playoff hockey.  Always felt it was going to go 5-6 games.

• Like 1

MacKinnon was amazing but Avs let up too soon...still can't believe they let it get away

Guess scoring the first goal in this series doesn't always mean you win the game.

Game 6 here we go :pirate:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

MacKinnon was amazing but Avs let up too soon...still can't believe they let it get away

Guess scoring the first goal in this series doesn't always mean you win the game.

Game 6 here we go :pirate:

Another fantastic NHL playoff game!

• Like 1

Calgary comes out a tight first period with a 1-0 lead, then all he'll breaks loose.  Period two has seven goals, including four in a 1:11 span!  :laugh:

4-4 heading into the third!

At the IIHF 2022 Ice Hockey World Championships in Tampere, Helsinki, Finland, Canada, finished in third place in Group A after the Preliminary Round.  In the playoff quarter-finals, they had to play Sweden, and Canada, won 4-3 in overtime.  In the playoff semi-finals, they play Czechia. 

Edited by Derek19

• The topic was unpinned