The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Wake up Auston!! Don't let it slip away!!

usatsi_17823338_168390401_lowres.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh Leafs...why do I hate to love you? 

Let me count the ways!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr........

About to start the third period and it just hurts to wonder if they will win the game.

Feel free to offer emotional support :smoke:

OK, back to the sh*tshow.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blueschica said:

Ugh.  Trouba's elbow to Crosby's head on Wednesday has changed a lot.  Pens tried tonight but weren't able to close out the series, so on to game seven.  

Daughter is despondent over the Caps' loss.  She is a huge Ovechkin fan. :signs015:

Despondent...Ugh.

As a southern Ontario guy, I am now feeling the same "feels" about the Leafs.

They lost. I lost. Not money, just pride. I was so hoping they were going to at least tie it up and play another round.

...Ugh...

Perhaps a new NHL phrase? Ugh. Super sh*tty.

• Like 1

:cheer::clap:F**K YEAH!!! :clap: :cheer:Tampa wins game seven 2-1 over the Leafs!!! On to round 2 VS the Kitty Litter Panthers! On a concerning note an ugly lower body injury to star forward Brayden Point! No word on how serious yet...:confused:

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey1:

:hockey2:

12 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

:cheer::clap:F**K YEAH!!! :clap: :cheer:Tampa wins game seven 2-1 over the Leafs!!! On to round 2 VS the Kitty Litter Panthers! On a concerning note an ugly lower body injury to star forward Brayden Point! No word on how serious yet...:confused:

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Yeah, Brayden's injury didn't look good, especially the shift he tried to take immediately afterwards.

Cross state series, gotta love it.  

GO CATS!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Rangers win in OT, GWG  by Panarin.

That was a great goal!  And the Rangers come back to win the series after being down 1-3.

Dallas-Calgary is fantastic so far!

Oettinger had an unbelievable performance tonight.  Brian Boucher kept saying, I can't believe what I am seeing.  On any other night Dallas wouldn't have stood a chance but their goalie was amazing!  I am impressed and glad I got to watch that game.

However, I am glad Calgary won because I am looking forward to the Battle of Alberta being fought...will be intense.

Tuesday night Avs start off against the Blues.  Can't wait :hockey2:

• Like 2

So the 2nd round schedule for  Lightning vs Panthers has been released. I find it surprising there is a 2 day break between games

1-2 & 3-4 & games 3&4 are back to back! Is this not unusual? I don't remember back to back games ever scheduled during the playoffs?:confused:

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

6 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

So the 2nd round schedule for  Lightning vs Panthers has been released. I find it surprising there is a 2 day break between games

1-2 & 3-4 & games 3&4 are back to back! Is this not unusual? I don't remember back to back games ever scheduled during the playoffs?:confused:

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

In the 80's, they used to play first four playoff games in five days.  :old:  

52 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

In the 80's, they used to play first four playoff games in five days.  :old:  

And you tell that to kids today, and they won't believe you!

• Like 3

Game night tonight! Round 2 Game 1!!! As customary I have already apologized to my coworkers for the guy that is going to show up tomorrow, that looks just like me but a lot slower! :wave:

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Bwahaha, sports bars down here are in a frenzy trying to figure how they're going to divy up tv screens and sound for Panthers/Lightning and Heat/Celtics.

One chain of bars, Duffy's is going mostly hockey, a few screens basketball, no mention of sound; decent bar but food can be iffy; pass.

Miller's Ale House, another chain, is will likely go hard NBA, with that pbp on audio;  good all around bar/draft list, good food, great burgers; pass early in playoffs, maybe later.

Funky Buddha Brewery is a corporate sponsor of the Panthers, has a mini bar at the arena.  The brewery/tap lounge will be full Panthers video and audio; artisan food and snacks, world class beer.  Place will be NUTS; oh, hell yeah.

Rickey's, my local watering hole/chicken wings hangout will likely be hard for NBA, one or two screens for NHL, their digital juke box for audio.  Decent enough tap selection, killer wings good seafood w/ twin lobster special Thurs-Sun;  definitely a stop, may just piss off folks by putting some Rush on the box!

Other nearby locals like Hooter's, Friday's, Chili's, etc. are all toss ups for sports; wouldn't matter anyways, all are HARD PASS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Bwahaha, sports bars down here are in a frenzy trying to figure how they're going to divy up tv screens and sound for Panthers/Lightning and Heat/Celtics.

One chain of bars, Duffy's is going mostly hockey, a few screens basketball, no mention of sound; decent bar but food can be iffy; pass.

Miller's Ale House, another chain, is will likely go hard NBA, with that pbp on audio;  good all around bar/draft list, good food, great burgers; pass early in playoffs, maybe later.

Funky Buddha Brewery is a corporate sponsor of the Panthers, has a mini bar at the arena.  The brewery/tap lounge will be full Panthers video and audio; artisan food and snacks, world class beer.  Place will be NUTS; oh, hell yeah.

Rickey's, my local watering hole/chicken wings hangout will likely be hard for NBA, one or two screens for NHL, their digital juke box for audio.  Decent enough tap selection, killer wings good seafood w/ twin lobster special Thurs-Sun;  definitely a stop, may just piss off folks by putting some Rush on the box!

Other nearby locals like Hooter's, Friday's, Chili's, etc. are all toss ups for sports; wouldn't matter anyways, all are HARD PASS!

Tonight & Thursday

CMM's Living room game on 65" LG OLED w/surround sound.

Cheap Ice Cold Beer some yummy vittles'n'such. No lines at the bathroom!

Sunday & Monday @ Amalie Arena, Live NHL Playoff Hockey. ( I may sell Monday's Tix)

Very expensive cool (sometimes cold) beer.

Eat prior to entering arena.

Long lines at the bathroom...

Good times!

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Tonight & Thursday

CMM's Living room game on 65" LG OLED w/surround sound.

Cheap Ice Cold Beer some yummy vittles'n'such. No lines at the bathroom!

Sunday & Monday @ Amalie Arena, Live NHL Playoff Hockey. ( I may sell Monday's Tix)

Very expensive cool (sometimes cold) beer.

Eat prior to entering arena.

Long lines at the bathroom...

Good times!

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️

I'm going with $2.00 beers, cheetos and a recliner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I'm going with $2.00 beers, cheetos and a recliner. 

Yep! If I dont hit the bars, it's Yeungling tallboys, microwave nachos, and the comfy recliner.

Panthers get their butts kicked by the Lightning, 4-1.  No other way to put it.  After their second goal was waved off (and rigntfully so, play died after puck hit the netting), the air went out of the Cat's baloon and they were done.

Edited by pjbear05
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers get their butts kicked by the Lightning, 4-1.  No other way to put it.  After their second goal was waved off (and rigntfully so, play died after puck hit the netting), the air went out of the Cat's baloon and they were done.

Tampa definitely the hot team out of the gate! It also seemed that for a playoff game the Panthers crowd was on the quiet side too? I don't know if TNT muted out the crowd or they were just not into it? Maybe I'm just spoiled by the atmosphere in Amalie? It's a loud arena during the regular season but during the playoffs it's literally full throat! Game 2 tomorrow night!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Tampa definitely the hot team out of the gate! It also seemed that for a playoff game the Panthers crowd was on the quiet side too? I don't know if TNT muted out the crowd or they were just not into it? Maybe I'm just spoiled by the atmosphere in Amalie? It's a loud arena during the regular season but during the playoffs it's literally full throat! Game 2 tomorrow night!!!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Yeah, Crim, TNT is muting down.  Unfortunately it's all we got,  TNT blacking out both Bally Sports Florida stations from broadcasting games.  I get both of them on DirecTV, South Florida and the Tampa-St. Pete affiliate, and the style is 10 times better.  Craig Minervini doing pbp and Randy Moeller's color commentary are a blast!

• Like 1

Holy smokes what a contest so far! Calgary comes out hot with three goals in the first six minutes, then builds it to a 6-2  lead. But Edmonton battles back.  Seven combined second period goals makes it 6-5 for a slim one goal lead for the Flames.  :wacko:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned