The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

2 minutes ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

I feel your pain regarding your comment on the Zebras! From my chair it should be either let them play or blow everything dead! It's way to confusing when they change up when ever they feel appropriate...

:smhockey4:

Just two things appeared blatant last night:

The shoulder to the head the Panther player took right before the Caps scored the game tying goal.  Barnette was livid about that non-call, I guess the win kept him from speaking  out about it.

Caps in the 3rd period attempting "jump checks" (leaving the skates and launching yourself at an opponent).  Somebody's getting the trio sooner or later (game misconduct, match misconduct, visit to league office for immediate temporary vacation and forced lightening of wallet).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Up until this season I thought Trotz was doing a good job of turning around the Isles! But I guess in this world of everyone wanting "instant" rewards, it's only inevitable what happened to Barry happened...

The team had lots of problems throughout the season. First 13 games away from home, COVID really hampering their efforts, injuries. Things even Trotz couldn't find answers to. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

The team had lots of problems throughout the season. First 13 games away from home, COVID really hampering their efforts, injuries. Things even Trotz couldn't find answers to. 

And even with those things factored in, Trotz admitted there were things he could have done differently as far as dealing with those challenges, like how to manage practice vs. time off during those long COVID breaks, knowing how compressed the schedule was going to be at the end of the season. I thought he deserved a shot at a new season that figures to be "normal."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers got lucky pulling off the win in OT last night.  Not sure what's going to kill them the most,, their utter lack of a power play, or the zebras swallowing their whistles after the 2nd intermission more blatantly than usual.

What I saw of the game, it looked like the Caps were getting away with a lot.  I was glad to see the Panthers get the win.  One thing I remember, Panthers have been down 4 goals in 4 games during the regular season and they came back and won them.  Nice statistic to have in your pocket. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

And even with those things factored in, Trotz admitted there were things he could have done differently as far as dealing with those challenges, like how to manage practice vs. time off during those long COVID breaks, knowing how compressed the schedule was going to be at the end of the season. I thought he deserved a shot at a new season that figures to be "normal."

I was surprised they let him go so soon, this was just a strange year for the team.  Bet he will have plenty of offers, this may come back to bite them.

• Like 1

Avs close out the Preds.  This series has had some weird stuff in it, first the stick in Kuemper's face and then tonight Burakowski gets a goal that ripped through the top of the net.   Makar is one talented kid, I really enjoy watching him play, almost had another spinarama goal again.  :bncegrn:    Francouz held up well so now Kuemper can get the eye healed and be ready for the next round.

• Like 2

Toronto is the Birth place of my favorite band of ALL time! I have only ever had respect for Oh Canada! The fact the Leafs fans disrespect our anthem by booing is absolutely Terrible!!! 😔😔😔... It disgusts me that the fans of the Leafs are so disrespectful of our national anthem! I have been in Amalie arena for many, many moons and have never heard our crowd "BOO" Oh Canada!!

Sad, Sad, Sad...

• Like 1

Been watching Panthers v Caps, what happened to Sid?

Cats down 3-0, score 5 in a row for the W!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 6:26 PM, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Toronto is the Birth place of my favorite band of ALL time! I have only ever had respect for Oh Canada! The fact the Leafs fans disrespect our anthem by booing is absolutely Terrible!!! 😔😔😔... It disgusts me that the fans of the Leafs are so disrespectful of our national anthem! I have been in Amalie arena for many, many moons and have never heard our crowd "BOO" Oh Canada!!

Sad, Sad, Sad...

Tronna can GTH!

On 5/10/2022 at 1:26 PM, Rhyta said:

What I saw of the game, it looked like the Caps were getting away with a lot.  I was glad to see the Panthers get the win.  One thing I remember, Panthers have been down 4 goals in 4 games during the regular season and they came back and won them.  Nice statistic to have in your pocket. 

The win last night was the 6th time this season the Panthers have come back to win after a 3 goal defecit,  breaking the Edmonton Oilers 79-80 season record of 5 games (including playoffs).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Been watching Panthers v Caps, what happened to Sid?

Cats down 3-0, score 5 in a row for the W!

He got hit up high by Trouba and they're saying upper body. With his past concussions it could be a problem for the Penguins. He also did a nasty split during that hit, wouldn't be surprised if he has a groin issue too. 

• Like 1

Me Lightning pull out the 4-3 OT win! Thank you Brayden Point :notworthy: This forces a game 7 in Toronto.

It looked once again like Tampa would be in the driver's seat for game 6 but let Toronto not only creep back up and take the lead! Tampa then tied it up late in the 3rd with a Nikita Kucherov 5 on 3 PP Goal! So game 7 will be Saturday day night! Like Elton John once said Saturday Night is a Night for Fighting! 😆

It's Do Or Die for both hockey clubs!

Should be very interesting!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey:

:hockey2:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Me Lightning pull out the 4-3 OT win! Thank you Brayden Point :notworthy: This forces a game 7 in Toronto.

It looked once again like Tampa would be in the driver's seat for game 6 but let Toronto not only creep back up and take the lead! Tampa then tied it up late in the 3rd with a Nikita Kucherov 5 on 3 PP Goal! So game 7 will be Saturday day night! Like Elton John once said Saturday Night is a Night for Fighting! 😆

It's Do Or Die for both hockey clubs!

Should be very interesting!

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey:

:hockey2:

At the risk of LABT arriving here again :unsure: I think it's 'Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting'. 

• Like 1

CATS WIN!  Carter Verhaeghe scores GWG in OT, Panthers beat Caps, 4-3, win series 4-2.

On to seond round!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

CATS WIN!  Carter Verhaege scores GWG in OT, Panthers beat Caps, 4-3, win series 4-2.

On to seond round!

Giroux showed up big time in the last 20 minutes or so. 

• Like 2

Ugh.  Trouba's elbow to Crosby's head on Wednesday has changed a lot.  Pens tried tonight but weren't able to close out the series, so on to game seven.  

Daughter is despondent over the Caps' loss.  She is a huge Ovechkin fan. :signs015:

• Like 2

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned