The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

3 hours ago, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Hahaha! With enough liquor I will sing just about anything! So I guess my answer would be... Yeop!! 🤪

What made them play it after the second Lightning goal? :blink: You're pretty far away from Yankees stadium.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

What made them play it after the second Lightning goal? :blink: You're pretty far away from Yankees stadium.  

They always play that song after the second goal! I never knew there was a Yankee stadium affiliation? Maybe they don't either? :confused13:

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, pjbear05 said:

Caps thrash the Panthers, 6-1.  Can't say much more, Cats got their asses kicked.

Often there is a team that dominates in the regular season, become Cup favorites, only to get humbled in the playoffs and making an early exit.  Are the Panthers that team this year?

On 5/7/2022 at 4:36 PM, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Actually in "Retrospect" I think " Sweet Caroline" is only sang in goals in the 3rd period. It really doesn't matter to me as I will sing along with it no matter when! 😂🤣😂

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

On 5/7/2022 at 7:11 AM, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Well, Game 3 "turd' out to be a $#!T Show on ice for Tampa Bay! Taking a 5-2 loss.  Two of the Leafs five goals were empty netters.  For Toronto, now, up 2-1 in the round one series.  As a Bolts' fan, it was one of those games that made me ask myself, Is Toronto, that good? Or is Tampa Bay, just that bad? Mix in some horrid, and bad calls, and no calls by the refs, and it was a long night for Tampa Bay! Tampa Bay, tried to dig deep, and make things go their way in the 3rd by pulling within one to 3-2. However, playing catch up all night, the late effort was indeed too little, too late! On a lighter note, it was really nice to be back in Amalie for playoff hockey.  They always do a lot of special effects, and such for the post season! It's just too bad the Lightning couldn't complement the house!!! On to game 4, Sunday.

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Crimson, you asked yourself if Toronto, is that good, or if Tampa Bay, is that bad?  Both teams are, and have been really good.  The officials have called a lot of penalties, which should be the way if something happens does warrant one.  No matter how minor, and major it is.  With them, being consistent is, and has been that way.  Don't need, and haven't needed any stick infractions, and anything else illegal in any of the games.  Both teams have scored empty net goals, too.  With the series tied 2-2, on Tues., and Tues. night, we'll see what game 5 back in Toronto, will consist of.      

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 3:19 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Sweet Caroline is played at Fenway Park, not Yankee Stadium.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Often there is a team that dominates in the regular season, become Cup favorites, only to get humbled in the playoffs and making an early exit.  Are the Panthers that team this year?

It's called the President's Trophy curse..I think it caught up with them

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 6:39 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Goalies are dropping like flies. Nasty business with Kuemper today.  :ohmy:  

Thankfully Kuemper  is going to be fine.  He could play Monday but I hope they let him rest just to be sure.  That was so frightening.  I was scared like when Chris Pronger got hit in the chest with a puck and his heart actually stopped in '98.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Derek19 said:

Crimson, you asked yourself if Toronto, is that good, or if Tampa Bay, is that bad?  Both teams are, and have been really good.  The officials have called a lot of penalties, which should be the way if something happens does warrant one.  No matter how minor, and major it is.  With them, being consistent is, and has been that way.  Don't need, and haven't needed any stick infractions, and anything else illegal in any of the games.  Both teams have scored empty net goals, too.  With the series tied 2-2, on Tues., and Tues. night, we'll see what game 5 back in Toronto, will consist of.      

Derek,

The reference I made about is Toronto that good or Tampa that bad is just a personal reflection! To me these teams are pretty fairly matched with the edge going to Tampa for the experience factor! The game on Friday night was a terrible outing by my beloved team! Toronto was on their A game and was able to take advantage of Tampa's blunders! Also there was definitely horrid calls (& no calls) during that game! Last night's game was the exact opposite! (I have seen calls, no calls ,plays & no plays by both clubs!)  I have gotten a lot of jeering from my Tampa Bay Lightning brothers & sisters for being on the cautious side when it came to this series! 99% of the fans down here had the mentality Tampa was going "Steamroll" over the Leafs because of their past record! I was like not that fast! This is a solid group and their "hungry" and that is a dangerous combination! I was originally thinking this game would go to Tampa in 6! It is apparent that this match will more than likey it will go to a game 7. So far neither team has been able to win more than one game at a time! At this time for more than obvious reasons whom ever will be able to win two (or more) in a row, will take the series! As I mentioned before I believe this will be one of the toughest series me Bolts will face! If we get through this I think we'll go all the way!

LET'S GO BOLTS!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

:hockey:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Same as last season, first round exit in 6 games against Tampa Bay.  Tonight's game will be telling.

Edited by pjbear05

10 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Thankfully, Kuemper  is going to be fine.  He could play Monday, but I hope they let him rest just to be sure.  That was so frightening.  I was scared like when Chris Pronger, got hit in the chest with a puck, and his heart actually stopped in '98.

I saw, and heard what happened to Darcy Kuemper.  It looked worse, than what it was.  On, and with something like that, a person, and player can lose their eye.  If it did come to that, then their hockey playing career would be finished.  His eye is, and or was a little swollen, though.  I'm glad, he is doing well, and will be able to continue playing.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Yeah! Like exactly what happened to Tampa in 2019 in round one! Swept by the wild card Columbus Bluejackets...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

It's called the President's Trophy curse..I think it caught up with them

Yeop! Like exactly what happened to Tampa in 2019 in round one! Swept by the wild card Columbus Bluejackets... 

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

How often do you see a coach get fired and the fanbase is questioning it or outright pissed off about it?

Up until this season I thought Trotz was doing a good job of turning around the Isles! But I guess in this world of everyone wanting "instant" rewards, it's only inevitable what happened to Barry happened...

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, Crimsonmistymemory said:

Actually in "Retrospect" I think " Sweet Caroline" is only sang in goals in the 3rd period. It really doesn't matter to me as I will sing along with it no matter when! 😂🤣😂

LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Okay, I finally got the real Intel on the whole Sweet Caroline singing thing. Evidently they play that tune after every time Palat scores a goal! Evidently he picked that tune as his goal scoring song... I guess shame on me for not knowing this until now..

😳🤔🤫🤪

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Panthers got lucky pulling off the win in OT last night.  Not sure what's going to kill them the most,, their utter lack of a power play, or the zebras swallowing their whistles after the 2nd intermission more blatantly than usual.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers got lucky pulling off the win in OT last night.  Not sure what's going to kill them the most,, their utter lack of a power play, or the zebras swallowing their whistles after the 2nd intermission more blatantly than usual.

I feel your pain regarding your comment on the Zebras! From my chair it should be either let them play or blow everything dead! It's way to confusing when they change up when ever they feel appropriate...

:smhockey4:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned