The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Hi guys! :hi:

I know it's been a while since I have posted! I have been super busy & I hope all is well with you & yours! I've been pretty impressed with how me Bolts have been doing less some star power and the next man up scenario the team has had to endure. Until the 0-4 spanking Tampa got from Ottawa today it looked as if the Lightning was set to be in the midst of a genuine tear. Anyhoo just wanted Y'all to know today I received the honor of being invited by the Tampa Bay Lightning to have a photo opportunity with the Stanley Cup! Also got to see all the NHL elite trophies as well. I wish I could share pics! It was a most awesome experience!! Next up Tampa hosts the L A Kings (saw the great Gretzky's name on a lot of trophies today lol) Tuesday.

GO BOLTS!!!

:hockey:

Congrats on the photo op with the team and the Stanley Cup. It really is something to see it in person. I got the chance several times, last one was when Gretzky became the coach of the Coyotes. He came to Salt Lake for a press conference (our team was their farm club at the time) and the Cup was here and we got to see it then. During the 2002 Olympics we had a building near the hockey arena with all the main trophies on display, the Conn Symthe, Norris, Hart and others. It gave me goose bumps to be in the same room with all that history. :notworthy:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Shitty bounce costs Hawks after three goal comeback.

:banghead:

It really sucks they were so close to OT, especially since Toews had another goal. I thought they would have been blown out by Matthews and Co but they hung in there. King is doing so much better as coach.

• Like 2

Hat trick for Burakovsky!!!

That was a fantastic game, like a playoff. Both teams were checking hard and skating fast. Had another player injured, taken off the ice on a stretcher, MacDonald. Looks like he is ok but being evaluated overnight.

Avs are so much fun to watch :D :hockeygoon:

• Like 1

Flames hit with COVID. No game tonight. :zzz:

That was crazy it was the only game Monday :eh: Looks like the Canes are having Covid trouble too. I wonder how many players are thinking about skipping Beijing? Five weeks of quarantine and still a risky thing to do.

Avs are on fire, Makar had another goal, 13 so far. I am enjoying our access to ESPN+ especially when they don't blackout the games I want to watch.

Tonight Fleury gets honored for his 500th win, let's hope they can stop Ovie again, just not in overtime either.

Hawks 5 Capitals 4 in OT. :) 3 goals in 34 seconds helped the cause. 11-15-2

Just saw that! Amazing! Eat it, Ovi!

Yeah, he assisted on the tying goal with three seconds left and expected everyone to skate to him for the celebration. :moon:
  • Like 2

Getting really tired of all this Covid BS! Lighting @ Avalanche postponed... :facepalm:

Who isn't? Get vaccinated people.

Better to take care of everyone's health, I will bet there will be no NHL players going to the Olympics. Now the border between US and Canada is closed to players. Don't want to get caught away from home due to a quarantine.

• Like 1

After Tuesday's games, there will no more until Dec 26th. :eh: These have been two crazy years.

If this keeps up, they'll cancel the season and Fleury won't have his 500 wins...

Fleury got his 500 wins against Montreal 12/9 so that's handled :ebert:

http://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/video/fleury-picks-up-career-win-500/t-277437096/c-9842186

Now it is official, NHL will not participate in the Olympics in China. :sigh: :| Actually I am glad, last place I would want to go right now is overseas...let's hope things will improve soon.
  • Like 4

Now it is official, NHL will not participate in the Olympics in China. :sigh: :| Actually I am glad, last place I would want to go right now is overseas...let's hope things will improve soon.

Russia-Germany final again. :zzz:
  • Like 1

No chance. Yesterday the Chinese locked down the city of Xi'an, population 13 million, to curb a growing outbreak of Covid. Talk about super spreading.
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to The Official 2021-22 NHL Season Thread
  • The topic was unpinned