Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Biffy Clyro

Ellipsis (6/10)

A celebration of endings (7/10)

The Myth.....(6/10)

the last three albums has really underwhelmed me.......feels like this band is a bit wheels in the mud.

The new one especially.

Mick

• Like 1

20000000131691.jpg?1630086181

New PFM album - I have only listened to the English version - It also comes in an Italian version - I will listen to that later.

So far I am pleasantly surprised.

By no means up there with their classic albums but pretty good nonetheless.

New PFM album - I have only listened to the English version - It also comes in an Italian version - I will listen to that later.

It's odd to me that this far into their career they're still playing the language game. I feel like I would've decided by now if I'd rather do things in English or Italian. Oh well, their call I suppose. No harm in it if the music's all the same.

• Like 1

Biffy Clyro

Ellipsis (6/10)

A celebration of endings (7/10)

The Myth.....(6/10)

the last three albums has really underwhelmed me.......feels like this band is a bit wheels in the mud.

The new one especially.

Mick

I don't lol

It's odd to me that this far into their career they're still playing the language game. I feel like I would've decided by now if I'd rather do things in English or Italian. Oh well, their call I suppose. No harm in it if the music's all the same.

Agreed. I look forward to listening to the Italian version. TBH on all the earlier albums that were done in two language versions, I tend to listen to the Italian versions only.
  • Like 1

Foo Fighters-Wasting Light (10/10)

i gave it a 10......cause even though i wouldn't call it my fav. i DO think it's song for song their best album. and their best sounding.

Mick

Those are exactly the reasons why it is my fav, lol. These Days is probably my favorite song Dave Grohl has ever written.

• Like 2

Agreed. I look forward to listening to the Italian version. TBH on all the earlier albums that were done in two language versions, I tend to listen to the Italian versions only.

I've never listened to the english versions. I told I should check out Photos Of Ghosts for the extra song, but they just don't really interest me.

• Like 1

Biffy Clyro- The Myth Of The Happily Ever After (10/10)

This and last year's A Celebration Of Endings are two of the best records I've heard in years. I can't wait to see them live, I think alongside Fleet Foxes and Taylor Swift, these guys have been in so many ways my source of escape during these difficult times. The latest Biffy album is full of amazing little details, so much is happening in the music. Lyrically I just keep feeling like screaming YES THANK YOU THATS HOW I FEEL over and over again.

I feel my frustrations just f***ing off with every spin. Also, every play sounds different, I feel there is so much to this album.

Biffy never let me down. And I just want to see them live so bad it is insane.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Foo Fighters-Wasting Light (11/10)

i gave it a 10......cause even though i wouldn't call it my fav. i DO think it's song for song their best album. and their best sounding.

Mick

Mick,

I corrected your rating for you.

What a f#%*^@g brilliant album!

Great spin.

• Like 3

Foo Fighters- Wasting Light (10/10)

I saw them on this tour, with Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World supporting, at an outdoor venue. It was a hot summer night, all three bands were terrific, and Foo blew me away! And it ended in fireworks.

It was the sort of night you'd think would have turned me into a diehard Foo Fighters fan. It didn't, but I sure do enjoy them now!

This album, alongside Sonic Highways, is the BEST of Foo Fighters for me.

• Like 3

I saw them on this tour, with Biffy Clyro and Jimmy Eat World supporting, at an outdoor venue. It was a hot summer night, all three bands were terrific, and Foo blew me away! And it ended in fireworks.

It was the sort of night you'd think would have turned me into a diehard Foo Fighters fan. It didn't, but I sure do enjoy them now!

Sonic Highways is really good. Got heavily criticized at release and I do like Wasting Light better, but Sonic Highways is stiil a great record.

• Like 1

Sonic Highways is really good. Got heavily criticized at release and I do like Wasting Light better, but Sonic Highways is stiil a great record.

SH is my fave of the two. But hey ho!

• Like 1

• The topic was locked