Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

220px-The_Joshua_Tree.png

Larry Mullen has apparently left U2 for health reasons.

There is no word yet on who will be replacing him.

I once travelled 300 miles to see that band.

It's the end of an era. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Gabrielle Aplin - Phosphorescent (4th listen, review still pending)

Coldplay - Ghost Stories (at the time this was a bit of a let down, in hindsight it’s the true dark horse of their catalogue thus far)

Mary J Blige - My Life (first listen, niiiiice)

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (more than ever this album just makes me want to play halo, lol)

Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs (it’s classic Death Cab, what else is there to say?)

Twenty One Pilots - Blurryface (this album has always amazed me in it’s construction, it’s like they wrote some really weird song structures and vulnerable lyrics than applied the biggest brightest pop hooks and sound effects of the day they could to them. Well it worked anyway.)

State Champs - Around The World And Back (now this one is getting as much play as Save Face did from me last summer, great recs S25S, sorry I don’t get around to them more quickly)

I'm glad you're enjoying State Champs. They've been one of my favorites for a long time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I'm glad you're enjoying State Champs. They've been one of my favorites for a long time

They feel like pop punk perfected.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

They feel like pop punk perfected.

I agree. Their first album and their newest are really strong, too! I'd highly recommend them

• Like 1

Coldplay- Ghost Stories 

I think this is one of their top three albums. Eat me. Out. 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

I don't claim it's their best, I just love it inside out. 

Rhapsody Of Fire- Triumph Or Agony 

Again, not their best. But I love it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-Lover (9/10)

Aside from some iffy single choices.  it's my third fav Swift record.

Mick

I still feel it's coasting, but we can agree to disagree on that because I'm with you on agreeing in it being top three worthy. It may be in my top five. It's a tight discography for me. I know that Red, Speak Now, Reputation and Folklore/Evermore are extra special to me. Controversially I'd probably put it above 1989, which I still feel was produced weirdly. 

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I still feel it's coasting, but we can agree to disagree on that because I'm with you on agreeing in it being top three worthy. It may be in my top five. It's a tight discography for me. I know that Red, Speak Now, Reputation and Folklore/Evermore are extra special to me. Controversially I'd probably put it above 1989, which I still feel was produced weirdly. 

Ya know.....i Think he knows is Playing.  the chours is a straight prince hook, lo.  not the lyrics but the music-ality of it so Prince.

Mick

• The topic was locked