Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8


Entre_Perpetuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary [8/10]

R.E.M. - Automatic for the People [10/10]

Lou Reed - Lou Reed [6/10]

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True [8/10]

Lynyrd Skynyrd - (pronounced 'lĕh-'nérd 'skin-'nérd) [9/10]

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Juliana Theory- Deadbeat Sweetheartbeat 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Disillusion - Ayam 

 

Stunning album. Just as good as The Liberation a few years ago. Oddly enough, the last song, "The Brook", appears to have been inspired by "Brooks Was Here" from the Shawshank Redemption Soundtrack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Green Day - American Idiot

Green Day - Revolution Radio

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Released this day in 1971

 

51665245163_79893e5c90_c.jpg

 

Edited by custom55
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screaming Trees- Dust 

 

I'm really enjoying this album more and more. Owned it for several years, and used to think it was quite dull. Now I find it a fascinating and rewarding album. Not sure why it got labelled as grunge though, it's very phycedelic rock with a nineties flavour.

 

Underrated, I think I ought to check other records of theirs out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Saturday:

Between You and Me - Paper Thin EP

Between You and Me - Everything Is Temporary

Between You and Me - Reimagined EP

Between You and Me - Armageddon

Hot Rod Circuit - The Underground Is A Dying Breed

Keep Up - Keep Up EP

Keep Up - Up In Flames

Keep Up - Win Some, Lose None EP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Screaming Trees- Dust 

 

I'm really enjoying this album more and more. Owned it for several years, and used to think it was quite dull. Now I find it a fascinating and rewarding album. Not sure why it got labelled as grunge though, it's very phycedelic rock with a nineties flavour.

 

Underrated, I think I ought to check other records of theirs out.

I have Sweet Oblivion by them. It’s very good. I think the grunge label applies to them bout as well as it applies to anyone else. They were actually in the early 90s alternative music scene in Seattle, so by that definition they’re as grunge as it gets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Screaming Trees- Dust 

 

I'm really enjoying this album more and more. Owned it for several years, and used to think it was quite dull. Now I find it a fascinating and rewarding album. Not sure why it got labelled as grunge though, it's very phycedelic rock with a nineties flavour.

 

Underrated, I think I ought to check other records of theirs out.

 

Everything new in the 90s was labeled grunge or alternative. If it sold well, record stores would stock the album in the Alternative section. I saw Load from Metallica and Youthanasia from Megadeth in the Alternative section when they were new. Now, you could argue Metallica definitely went alternative on that album. But that along with grunge were the hot labels, so if they wanted it to sell, they called it one of those.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Everything new in the 90s was labeled grunge or alternative. If it sold well, record stores would stock the album in the Alternative section. I saw Load from Metallica and Youthanasia from Megadeth in the Alternative section when they were new. Now, you could argue Metallica definitely went alternative on that album. But that along with grunge were the hot labels, so if they wanted it to sell, they called it one of those.

I've always found it an iffy label. I think it describes fashion better than it does music.

 

I can't imagine any other era putting Nirvana and Soundgarden in the exact same category. Or Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains. Or Screaming Trees and Hole.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I have Sweet Oblivion by them. It’s very good. I think the grunge label applies to them bout as well as it applies to anyone else. They were actually in the early 90s alternative music scene in Seattle, so by that definition they’re as grunge as it gets.

Oh okay! I know little of this band. I've owned this album for years and it's quietly grown on me. I'm really enjoying it these days, I think it could be worth checking more albums out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iron Maiden- No Prayer For The Dying 

Judas Priest- Point Of Entry 

 

I love both these albums.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rhapsody- Dawn Of Victory 

Screaming Trees- Dust 

 

I tried another ST album, but I don't feel ready to dive in yet. This is a wonderful album, and I want to spend time with it. Not every album I enjoy has me racing for a full discography marathon. But I see it happening in time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Machine Head - Of Kingdom and Crown 

I loooove this album. Played a few songs today as they came up on a playlist. Should be getting a copy soon!

 

Probably my metal album of the year, but Septicflesh and Lamb Of God are excellent too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I loooove this album. Played a few songs today as they came up on a playlist. Should be getting a copy soon!

 

Probably my metal album of the year, but Septicflesh and Lamb Of God are excellent too.

 

It's between Machine Head and Megadeth for my metal album of the year. I'm leaning towards Machine Head because after the last album I wasn't expecting much but they far exceeded my expectations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

It's between Machine Head and Megadeth for my metal album of the year. I'm leaning towards Machine Head because after the last album I wasn't expecting much but they far exceeded my expectations.

Shit, I keep forgetting about the new Megadeth!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...