Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8


Entre_Perpetuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anthrax - Spreading The Disease

Anthrax - Among The Living

Zero Boys - Vicious Circle

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 6:21 PM, bluefox4000 said:

Slayer-Hell Awaits (10/10)

 

this is a vast improvement over the debut.  Demons, Devil's drinking blood killing priests, Corpse fukking. How folks took this seriously i'll never know.  Thanks to Slayer your parents think metal is just THIS.  obscene loud and fast.  i'll say it again by far my fave thrash era band.  like no contest.

 

BUT besides all the above these dudes could al play.  the proficiency blows my damn mind.

 

i never play them much and my fault.  it is so OTT it's actually funny as hell.

 

Every time Tom lets out a high pitched AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just laugh:laugh2:

 

Mick

My dad stops as he is passing my room, turns has head towards the stereo and says questioningly, "Blood sucking creatures of the night?"  He shakes his head and exits the vicinity.

 

 

SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAYYEEEERRRR!!!!!!

 

- Sometime in my teen years

- Mid Eighties

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Muse - Will Of The People

 

 

I still hold the new Panic as my AOTY, but this new Muse is gonna sit nicely as runner up. It's the Muse equivalent of a glam / hair metal party record. Even their usual take on the apocalypse is painted in the least serious light they've ever put on it.  We Are F***ing F***ed is basically the equivalent of people posting memes back in 2020 about how much worse everything seemed to be getting month by month. It's a shrug and a pained laugh in place of the usual raised fist and outraged cry.  One last mosh pit at the end of the world.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cute Is What We Aim For - The Same Old Blood Rush With A New Touch 

Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Muse - Will Of The People

 

 

I still hold the new Panic as my AOTY, but this new Muse is gonna sit nicely as runner up. It's the Muse equivalent of a glam / hair metal party record. Even their usual take on the apocalypse is painted in the least serious light they've ever put on it.  We Are F***ing F***ed is basically the equivalent of people posting memes back in 2020 about how much worse everything seemed to be getting month by month. It's a shrug and a pained laugh in place of the usual raised fist and outraged cry.  One last mosh pit at the end of the world.

 

How can you say something is your album of the year if you haven't heard the new Megadeth yet? 😜

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

How can you say something is your album of the year if you haven't heard the new Megadeth yet? 😜

It won't pass Panic, guaranteed. It would have to be as good as Countdown or Rust to do that, and I have not seen anyone saying anything like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rush 

 

Predominantly their nineties era onwards. My least favourite of their eras, yet I still find much to appreciate. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It won't pass Panic, guaranteed. It would have to be as good as Countdown or Rust to do that, and I have not seen anyone saying anything like that.

 

So, you're saying that the new Panic album is at the same level of Rust and Countdown?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

So, you're saying that the new Panic album is at the same level of Rust and Countdown?

Not quite. I’m saying those are the only two Megadeth albums that may be better than it. I’ll add Peace Sells on a particularly Megadethy day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

P.O.D. - Satellite

 

I remember this being one of the last albums I ever bought on cassette. My car still had a tape player at the time and I needed a few albums to listen to on the car. Pretty good album from what I recall. Those singles off it were huge.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Metallica-Ride The Lighting (10/10)

 

Boy Early Metallica still rules. i won't here otherwise, lol.

 

such a classic album.  and i miss Cliff Burton.  When he Left us.  Metallica lost a vital piece and that really started that lost period and i feel they've struggled since.

 

Mick

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime 

 

Flawless. Timeless. Peerless.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Metallica-Ride The Lighting (10/10)

 

Boy Early Metallica still rules. i won't here otherwise, lol.

 

such a classic album.  and i miss Cliff Burton.  When he Left us.  Metallica lost a vital piece and that really started that lost period and i feel they've struggled since.

 

Mick

 

Sometimes I think this is my favourite Metallica album. It's really any of the first three. Sometimes SOMETIMES Hardwired.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

 

Sometimes I think this is my favourite Metallica album. It's really any of the first three. Sometimes SOMETIMES Hardwired.

 

it's between Puppets and Lighting for me.

 

it's really a shame about Burton.  he REALLY was the MVP to me.  We lost him.  than we got the slow death starting at and Injustice.

 

Mick

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

 

it's between Puppets and Lighting for me.

 

it's really a shame about Burton.  he REALLY was the MVP to me.  We lost him.  than we got the slow death starting at and Injustice.

 

Mick

 

Absolutely. I've always loved Kill Em All about the same. Call it hearing them young, I just rank them together.

 

Puppets is great, but I'm partial to Ride more.

 

I used to love Justice but I feel it's so... underwhelming to me these days. Maybe it's time to revisit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

it's between Puppets and Lighting for me.

 

it's really a shame about Burton.  he REALLY was the MVP to me.  We lost him.  than we got the slow death starting at and Injustice.

 

Mick

 

 

Cliff was talented but James has always been the MVP of Metallica. They have always been about the riffs and James is an all time riff master.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Cliff was talented but James has always been the MVP of Metallica. They have always been about the riffs and James is an all time riff master.

 

Maybe But i dunno if it's a coincidence the records got a little less exciting after Burton.

 

don't mistake me as saying they're bad cause like i really like Load, and death Magnetic and Hard Wired.

 

but there's a luster the OG trilogy had that just ain't there for me now.  would that have happened anyway with Burton?  we'll never know.

 

Also the black album has not aged well IMO. 

 

Mick

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Metallica-Master of Puppets (9/10)

 

Another classic.  I just realized i'm not crazy for Leper Messiah.  Only weak link on an otherwise perfect gem.

 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

I remember this being one of the last albums I ever bought on cassette. My car still had a tape player at the time and I needed a few albums to listen to on the car. Pretty good album from what I recall. Those singles off it were huge.

I really enjoyed it. It's one of my favorite Nu Metal albums. I still enjoy hearing the singles to this day. Alive might be my favorite Nu Metal song. I bought it on vinyl back in April.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

Maybe But i dunno if it's a coincidence the records got a little less exciting after Burton.

 

don't mistake me as saying they're bad cause like i really like Load, and death Magnetic and Hard Wired.

 

but there's a luster the OG trilogy had that just ain't there for me now.  would that have happened anyway with Burton?  we'll never know.

 

Also the black album has not aged well IMO. 

 

Mick

The Black album is odd because I feel the order of the tracks is so front heavy, it starts strong and then builds to nothing. I've played the album with the order reversed and it was better

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...