Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8


Entre_Perpetuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Like you wouldn't ask, lol

 

I dig it. The vocals are great, and the choruses are especially killer.  I definitely do like Queen Of The Murder Scene better though, something about that record just feels a bit more layered and diverse.  But if I'd like a record with nothing but bangers ERROR is the way to go.  The electronic tinge to the guitar tones and fuzzy bass tones is cool as well and fits with the songs. 

 

I think Error is way more diverse. Queen Of The Murder Scene is great but the growth of the song writing from that to Error is huge. Such maturity in the songs on Error for a band so young. Have you heard their first album, 21st Century Blood yet? Error is the grown up version of that album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

I think Error is way more diverse. Queen Of The Murder Scene is great but the growth of the song writing from that to Error is huge. Such maturity in the songs on Error for a band so young. Have you heard their first album, 21st Century Blood yet? Error is the grown up version of that album.

Interesting, to me QOTMS is way more diverse than ERROR. I haven't heard that one yet. Do they only have 3 so far?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Interesting, to me QOTMS is way more diverse than ERROR. I haven't heard that one yet. Do they only have 3 so far?

 

 

Yes, three albums. They had a debut EP but it's really not that good. The vocals are too kiddie and they hadn't found their sound yet. It doesn't even sound like it came from the same people we hear now. 21st Century Blood is pretty good considering Dany and Pau were in high school and Ale was in like seventh grade when they wrote it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Malignant Narcissist said:

Soundgarden - Superunknown

I love this album!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Malignant Narcissist said:

Soundgarden - Superunknown

 

50 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I love this album!

 

Me too!

 

This might just be my favourite Soundgarden album.

Soft spot for Louder than Love too.

Haven't listened much to the last 2 albums they did which I must remedy!

 

Heck love all their albums - Flower on Ultramega Ok alone makes it a great listen

Find BadMotorfinger a tad overrated compared to others' opinions but it's still good.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love this album!

That album especially helped me get through some really tough semesters in college.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rush- Test For Echo 

 

And my addiction to this weird album continues...some terrific playing (as always). I enjoy this album purely for the playing. It's like the goofy cousin of Snakes And Arrows.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slash's Snakepit - Ain't Life Grand

 

Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators - Living the Dream

 

I've enjoyed seeing GNR twice since the 2016 reunion, but let's face some facts.  Slash has released more new music in the last 10 years with Myles and the Conspirators then he ever did with GNR.  Stick with what works Saul.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Creed- Weathered 

 

I really loved this today.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Creed- Weathered 

 

I really loved this today.

 

Segue........ready?

 

......................creed was never as bbad as it seemed.  i even kinda dig Scott now, lol

 

and......do you one more.  Who's got My Back now is as good as ANY AB song i mean it.  That album rules

 

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

Segue........ready?

 

......................creed was never as bbad as it seemed.  i even kinda dig Scott now, lol

 

and......do you one more.  Who's got My Back now is as good as ANY AB song i mean it.  That album rules

 

Mick

I loved his vocals on this album. I'm having a bad day today, as this highly emotional album really vibes with me.

 

Who's Got My Back is a masterful song.

 

Gonna say it, I enjoyed this more than the last AB album. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mars Volta (2022)

 

i don't like it! but at least it's kept relatively short so the pain was brief.

 

honestly, they should have just taken the best few songs and released this as an EP instead, they had plenty of reasons to do that instead. the only two songs from this album i really like are the opening two tracks. and of course, in typical mars volta fashion, they have too much pride to take any fan criticism seriously, and in turn criticize the fans for not liking it instead :D 

 

oh well, at least most of the other long-awaited band reunions this year have been good.

 

the-mars-volta.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Testament-Demonic (3/10)

 

This hower does not work, lol

 

Death metal Testament.....i'll pass

 

Mick

 

 

 

Not the biggest fan of DeathTament either. There are some good songs on it. A number of metal bands from the 80s were a bit lost as to where to go musically after grunge became huge. I believe since death metal had gained a decent following at that time they decided to try their hand in that. The next album starts the best run of their career which is still going today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Not the biggest fan of DeathTament either. There are some good songs on it. A number of metal bands from the 80s were a bit lost as to where to go musically after grunge became huge. I believe since death metal had gained a decent following at that time they decided to try their hand in that. The next album starts the best run of their career which is still going today.

 

the Gathering is awesome.  Dave Lombardo kills on it.

 

it made me want to ppull out some Slayer.

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Testament-Low (9/10)

 

Testament goes kinda Grunge and i dig it.  this band certainly tried stuff.  give em credit.

 

Mick

Low, Demonic and Gathering are seen as their foray into death/groove metal. However, I too always senses a grunge vibe off this record. This is a truly underrated Testament album. Of the three I mentioned it's by far my favourite.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Testament-Demonic (3/10)

 

This hower does not work, lol

 

Death metal Testament.....i'll pass

 

Mick

 

 

I always really enjoy this album. I do consider it their worst though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

Biffy Clyro - Puzzle

Biffy Clyro- Ellipses

Parque Courts - Wide Awaaaake!

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...