i hear

Bowie

Queen

Styx

Billy Joel

Elvis Costello

Meat Loaf.

it's a tribute to theatrical 70's rock.

if you do not like that sound or not fond of it.....of course this'll zip past you.

Mick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

I have that Six By Six, how do you like it?

I like it a lot ..... a bunch of musicians who gel really well and who have created a damn fine debut album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic-Viva Las Vengeance (10/10)

this album rules. 

it wears it's influenses on it's sleeve but who cares

i hear

Bowie

Queen

Styx

Billy Joel

Elvis Costello

Meat Loaf.

it's a tribute to theatrical 70's rock.

if you do not like that sound or not fond of it.....of course this'll zip past you.

Mick

Yep yep yep!

also, there’s a nod to Cheap Trick in the synth strings on Middle Of A Break Up

• Like 2

Machine Head- Of Kingdoms And Crowns 

Teatament- The Gathering

The new Machine Head is my album of the year.

Fun fact: I discovered Testament with this album by accident. I thought it was an album by The Gathering called Testament. A bit of a shock when I realised it wasn't atmospheric goth metal with heavenly female vocals 😂 

I already knew of Testament in 2006, but had the joy of discovering them by accident.

• Like 2

Styx- Edge Of The Century 

After two intense heavy metal albums, I went for something very much not that 😂 

A bit of a guilty pleasure, I really enjoy this album.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Machine Head- Of Kingdoms And Crowns 

Teatament- The Gathering

The new Machine Head is my album of the year.

Fun fact: I discovered Testament with this album by accident. I thought it was an album by The Gathering called Testament. A bit of a shock when I realised it wasn't atmospheric goth metal with heavenly female vocals 😂 

I already knew of Testament in 2006, but had the joy of discovering them by accident.

The new Machine Head is very good. I definitely see me liking it more with further listens.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The new Machine Head is very good. I definitely see me liking it more with further listens.

First couple of days with it it felt so long. Now I'm finding it flows so well I can't believe an hour went by so fast!

31 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

First couple of days with it it felt so long. Now I'm finding it flows so well I can't believe an hour went by so fast!

That opening song did seem to go on for a while on the first listen. But longer songs do that until you're familiar with them. Is this supposed to be a concept/theme album. The three short interludes got me thinking that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

That opening song did seem to go on for a while on the first listen. But longer songs do that until you're familiar with them. Is this supposed to be a concept/theme album. The three short interludes got me thinking that.

i still think the first song doesn't need to be 10 minutes.

but i like the song itself at it's a minor nitpick.  I love the album Way more the last album. .....which i didn't HATE like most.  but it was below par.  With this band.  Watch the next album suck, lol.

Mchine head goes polka or some shit, lol

Mick

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Apparently it has a concept but I've not explored it yet

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Biffy Clyro-The Myth.......(5/10)

Mick

YOU SUCK

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Jimmy Eat World-Surviving (9/10)

I played the Live Phoenix Sessions version and this one's better than i ever give it credit for. I may like it more than Integrity Blues now.

Mick

Surviving is such a back to basics album that WORKS in a way Revolution Radio failed for Green Day

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Surviving is such a back to basics album that WORKS in a way Revolution Radio failed for Green Day

I think Rev Rad is good. Not one of their absolute best, but solid throughout and a handful of songs worth keeping in regular rotation (Bang Bang, title track, Still Breathing). I just heard Surviving for the first time last week and I thought it was fine. Nowhere near Futures or anything but nothing inherently wrong with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think Rev Rad is good. Not one of their absolute best, but solid throughout and a handful of songs worth keeping in regular rotation (Bang Bang, title track, Still Breathing). I just heard Surviving for the first time last week and I thought it was fine. Nowhere near Futures or anything but nothing inherently wrong with it.

Rev Radio is a nice album. I just meant that the two albums are comparable because they both tried to go back to a sound fans love and one did it more successfully.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Rev Radio is a nice album. I just meant that the two albums are comparable because they both tried to go back to a sound fans love and one did it more successfully.

Fair fair.

Does that mean Jimmy Eat World is doing their own version of Father Of All... next? :16ton:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Rev Radio is fine but at the same time pointless.  I can go back to and hear that style done WAY better on American Idiot and Breakdown.

Mick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Styx- Edge Of The Century 

After two intense heavy metal albums, I went for something very much not that 😂 

A bit of a guilty pleasure, I really enjoy this album.

Its a shame Glen didnt stay around longer during his 2nd stint with the band, at least we got him on Cyclorama 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked