Jump to content

Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8


Entre_Perpetuo
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

dude you're baiting me now, lol

 

AMAZING album.

 

Mick

I forgot I downloaded it sometime last year and never got around to listening to it. Oddly great music for doing chores.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Friday:

Motion City Soundtrack - I Am The Movie 

Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory 

Tiny Moving Parts - Tiny Moving Parts

Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica

 

Tom Waits led to this today, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica

 

Tom Waits led to this today, lol.

 

i listen to this.......unironically........and i find it pleasurable.

 

take that as you will, lol

 

Mick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

 

i listen to this.......unironically........and i find it pleasurable.

 

take that as you will, lol

 

Mick

 

Me too! After the first initial spin or two a lot of the shock factor wore off and I can just enjoy its zaniness now.  A lot of the songs are actually a lot more "normal" than people give them credit for, they're just coated in things that don't quite fit together.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jon Anderson - Olias Of Sunhillow

 

Wow, that was completely different than Chris Squire's first solo album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Muse-Will of the People-(3/10)

 

:puke:

 

Really......it's being praised out the ass cause it's Fukking muse but i don't get it.

 

The lyrics are awful and about what muse has been writing about for nearly 20 years.  uprising fighting against some  vague entity that's generic and never fleshed out. an

 

Musically it's the same tired ideas Muse has recycled for years now. it's over Blown overcooked and still manages to be amazingly dull.  and if you tell me the overblown nature of it s the point.  I will hit you with the ham i just bought.  That sounds like a critique fans use to convince themselves Muse hasn't sucked for a decade now.

 

this records terrible.

 

Mick

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-Will of the People-(3/10)

 

:puke:

 

Really......it's being praised out the ass cause it's Fukking muse but i don't get it.

 

The lyrics are awful and about what muse has been writing about for nearly 20 years.  uprising fighting against some  vague entity that's generic and never fleshed out. an

 

Musically it's the same tired ideas Muse has recycled for years now. it's over Blown overcooked and still manages to be amazingly dull.  and if you tell me the overblown nature of it s the point.  I will hit you with the ham i just bought.  That sounds like a critique fans use to convince themselves Muse hasn't sucked for a decade now.

 

this records terrible.

 

Mick

Still sounds like I'm gonna love it. lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean

Pendragon - The World

Dream Theater - Images & Words

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Deer Scout - Woodpecker

 

Saw them live because a local musician friend of mine was opening for them. Very very small group at the moment, so the fact that this little 22 minute "album" (EP, definitely an EP) is as good as it is and sounds as nice as it does is a treat. They were definitely better live, but a couple of the songs on here still manage to shine. I'd say which ones, but at 22 minutes it's really not too hard to just listen through the whole thing.  

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...