Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

I’m telling you, Pretty. Odd. should feel very lucky it’s been in my life so much longer than this. That’s really the only reason I’m not automatically declaring this their best album ever. What it is though? This is a worthy competitor to The Black Parade’s throne. Fall Out Boy doesn’t have one. Even Paramore, whom I love and adore across the board, doesn’t quite have one. Twenty One Pilots came close with Trench. In terms of mall emo, Panic and MCR are the only bands with a record of this caliber. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

I’m telling you, Pretty. Odd. should feel very lucky it’s been in my life so much longer than this. That’s really the only reason I’m not automatically declaring this their best album ever. What it is though? This is a worthy competitor to The Black Parade’s throne. Fall Out Boy doesn’t have one. Even Paramore, whom I love and adore across the board, doesn’t quite have one. Twenty One Pilots came close with Trench. In terms of mall emo, Panic and MCR are the only bands with a record of this caliber. 

The hyperbole is real with this new release 😂😂😂

Rush- Permanent Waves 

Rush- Hold Your Fire 

Two absolutely sublime albums. As close to perfect as music can get in my opinion.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

The hyperbole is real with this new release 😂😂😂

says the guy who called lady gaga i quote "a legend"

he DID guys.  in seriousness:wagfinger: lol.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

says the guy who called lady gaga i quote "a legend"

he DID guys.  in seriousness:wagfinger: lol.

Mick

For the gay community, she really is.

As a musical artist, I thought she had it going on for a while. I was wrong.

8 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

For the gay community, she really is.

As a musical artist, I thought she had it going on for a while. I was wrong.

Messing with ya, lol

you call it hype though.

i genuinely enjoy the album. granted.....i'l give you it could be becaue no joke i think 2022 has blown music wise.

we'll see next year.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Alan Parsons Project-Gaudi 10/10)

After the lackluster Sterotomy (not bad.....But with APP it's the closet you'll get to a bad album)  they close they're career with this fantastic record.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Alan Parsons Project-Gaudi 10/10)

After the lackluster Sterotomy (not bad.....But with APP it's the closet you'll get to a bad album)  they close they're career with this fantastic record.

Mick

I say I love this album, but I can't remember the last time I played the whole thing and not just the first track on loop!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I say I love this album, but I can't remember the last time I played the whole thing and not just the first track on loop!

You should finish it!!!!! The rest of the album is more pop than the first song suggests but it's top notch pop.

Mick

Jeff Rosenstock - I Look Like Shit

Jeff Rosenstock - Summer Seven Club EP

Jeff Rosenstock - We Cool?

Silverstein - Misery Made Me (vinyl)

The Silverstein album came out in May, but I just got my vinyl in the mail today. It's a beautiful opaque blue.

2 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

A top ten album of all time for me

When it came out in the early 80s it had a huge impact on the underground metal scene. Then when Midnight Madness followed it seemed they were going to be huge. However, when they went a bit more poppy/radio friendly they lost a bit of momentum in Britain. Shame really.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turbine Freight said:

When it came out in the early 80s it had a huge impact on the underground metal scene. Then when Midnight Madness followed it seemed they were going to be huge. However, when they went a bit more poppy/radio friendly they lost a bit of momentum in Britain. Shame really.

I remember seeing them on No Limits with Jenny Powell, I think the song was Sentimental Street. That whole album just lacked umph, even the rockier tracks seemed diluted with a weak guitar sound. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked