dälek - Endangered Philosophies

Oranssi Pazuzu - Farmokologinen

Blood Incatation - Timewave Zero

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Omnium Gatherum

Ghost - Impera

Mastodon - Hushed & Grim

Mastodon - Blood Mountain

• Like 2

Styx - Crystal Ball (it's really really hard not to just slap favorite on this and totally forget how much I love TGI and PT)

Styx - Equinox (is.... is it just me or is one of these songs definitely ripping off Tommy era Who?)

Dream Theater - Images And Words (was hearing the start of Metropolis in my head, knew what I had to play)

Dream Theater - Awake (and then I kept going)

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory (and finished off with this...I really need to sit down with the lyrics sometime and make some sense of what the actual sequence of events is)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Styx - Crystal Ball (it's really really hard not to just slap favorite on this and totally forget how much I love TGI and PT)

Styx - Equinox (is.... is it just me or is one of these songs definitely ripping off Tommy era Who?)

Dream Theater - Images And Words (was hearing the start of Metropolis in my head, knew what I had to play)

Dream Theater - Awake (and then I kept going)

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes From A Memory (and finished off with this...I really need to sit down with the lyrics sometime and make some sense of what the actual sequence of events is)

Scenes skips between the past and the present. So, there are some things that aren't that clear. I have had the album since it was released and while I know the story well, it is actually hard for me to put into words what's happening. While listening to the album everything makes sense though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Scenes skips between the past and the present. So, there are some things that aren't that clear. I have had the album since it was released and while I know the story well, it is actually hard for me to put into words what's happening. While listening to the album everything makes sense though.

I can follow the first time skip or two pretty well, but somewhere in the second half I get really lost as to who's perspective is being sung from and why. The main character was the girl who was murdered in a past life I think, but then somewhere in the second half I'm getting this vibe like the main character somehow is or is related to the man that killed her, or her lover, or her husband, or both... like, I kinda lose the plot right where it gets to the heart of the matter!  But that's just from listening, while also doing other things, and trying to make out the lyrics over the music, which is sometimes pretty difficult.

Rhapsody Of Fire- Triumph Or Agony

Rhapsody- Power Of The Dragonflame

Asking For A Friend Digital Download

Brand new album from Umphrey's McGee, a band I have followed on and off for some years now.

More than just a 'jam band', they have a great diversity of styles and are worth exploring.

Edited by zepphead

Taking Back Sunday - Taking Back Sunday

Taking Back Sunday - Happiness Is...: The Complete Recordings

• The topic was locked