Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Taking Back Sunday - New Again

Starset - Transmissions

Starset - Vessels

Starset - Divisions

Starset - Hoirzons

Shearwater - The Great Awakening

Wilco - Cruel Country (First time listen. I really dug this).

Tedeschi Trucks Band - I Am the Moon: I. Crescent

King Buffalo - Acheron

King Buffalo - The Burden of Restlessness

Andrew Bird - Inside Problems

Angra - Temple of Shadows (First time listen, spectacular power metal album. I was totally surprised by a surprise cameo by Hansi Kürsch)

Styx- Cyclorama

I know a lot of Styx fans feel that The Mission was a glorious return to form, but honestly I really enjoy all their albums. Sure, the last two are contenders for their best work, but I love Edge Of The Century, Brave New World and this 

• Like 3

Rhapsody- Legendary Tales

Rhapsody- Symphony Of Enchanted Lands

Rhapsody- Dawn Of Victory

Rhapsody- Rain Of A Thousand Flames

Rhapsody- Power Of The Dragonflame

My CDs I ordered from the band's website finally arrived. They through in some cool goodies, including an EP.

I am so into this OTT bombastic metal right now, Rhapsody make me feel like the giddy, fantasy book loving kid I really was 17 years ago.

Absolutely love them.

Saxon- Saxon 

I used to dismiss this band, but now I love them. I see them pretty much equal with Priest and Maiden. This debut is pretty rough and ready, it's not polished and it is just so addictive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Styx- Cyclorama

I know a lot of Styx fans feel that The Mission was a glorious return to form, but honestly I really enjoy all their albums. Sure, the last two are contenders for their best work, but I love Edge Of The Century, Brave New World and this 

Brave New World and Cyclorama are 2 albums that never hear unless I'm doing the full album. Gotta have that full experience. Love those 2 to death

21 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rhapsody Of Fire- Triumph Or Agony 

The first album released after the name change (for legal reasons), I am blown away by this one!

I don't think I have heard anything from them but I definitely know the band better by this name. Rhapsody could have been a completely different band for all I knew.

10 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't think I have heard anything from them but I definitely know the band better by this name. Rhapsody could have been a completely different band for all I knew.

They are in a similar vein to Blind Guardian. More symphonic and cinematic. I just love them!

Saxon- Crusader

One of the best metal album covers of all time, one of the best title tracks...this album is a varied mix of styles popular for the time. I love this album.

• Like 1

Saxon- Innocence Is No Excuse 

A much maligned album. I really like it 😂

• Like 1

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla 

Another often maligned album from a classic band, I've always had a huge soft spot for this debut. I love it's swag, and much like the debut Rush and Saxon albums, I really appreciate how different it feels compared to what came after.

• Like 3

Elvis costello-Look Now (8/10)

I fear i've made a mistake.  i listened to all 3 of Elvis's last 3 last night.  and da hell is wrong with me.  i think lately he's having a minor renaissance.

look Now kinda recalls Imperial Bedroom in style....some fantastic songs on here

Under Lime

Don't Look Now

Stripping Paper

Unwanted Number

Let The Sun Go Down

Photographs Can Lie

Suspect My Tears

He's Given me Things

That's over half the album. it's shocking how i just fobbed this album off.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla 

Another often maligned album from a classic band, I've always had a huge soft spot for this debut. I love it's swag, and much like the debut Rush and Saxon albums, I really appreciate how different it feels compared to what came after.

It's a heavy metal masterpiece!

• Like 3

Beyond Appearances by Santana

One of the lesser known albums of his but several songs are killers in my opinion.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

Journey - Frontiers

I just can't express enough how, if you didn't tell me it was still Steve Perry's voice, I would not be able to tell. Yeah the approaches to the notes are the same and technically the range is at least very very similar, pronunciations, yada yada. There's plenty of evidence it's still Steve.... but that total shift in the weight of his voice, the gravel in it, the subharmonics.... it's like they fired Steve and hired a studio soul singer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Brave New World - Album by Styx | Spotify

It's one of those nights

One of these nights!

One of these crazy old nights

We're gonna find out, ST3V,

What's the one Styx album you would sacrifice?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Journey - Frontiers

I just can't express enough how, if you didn't tell me it was still Steve Perry's voice, I would not be able to tell. Yeah the approaches to the notes are the same and technically the range is at least very very similar, pronunciations, yada yada. There's plenty of evidence it's still Steve.... but that total shift in the weight of his voice, the gravel in it, the subharmonics.... it's like they fired Steve and hired a studio soul singer.

yup these are the gravel years.all that touring i think. 

but it suits him weirdly.  and it's just gravel.  it's not i have nodes  heavy Horses era ian anderson, lol.

HE sounds like a different guy.

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked