Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Rhapsody- Dawn Of Victory 

Rhapsody- Legendary Tales 

Anathema- Distant Satellites 

Three magnificent albums, from two totally different bands 

Journey-Trial By Fire(8/10)

People seem to really give this one i hard time and i could see reasons why.  it's overlong and a few too many slow perry solo album typ songs but what's good here is REALLY damn good.

Message of Love

One More

When you Love A Woman

If He Should Break Your Heart

Forever In Blue

Don't Be Down On Me

It's Just The Rain

Trial By Fire

all that is classic Journey for me.

It's a bit generic to say but in his prime Steve Perry was one of the best singers ever.  and i love his tone on this album not quite prime but a rich mature tone.

to bad everyone in this band hates each other cause they could have gone on after this one.  this lineup i believe had way more in the tank at the time but...."band politics" don't ya know?

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Journey-Trial By Fire(8/10)

People seem to really give this one i hard time and i could see reasons why.  it's overlong and a few too many slow perry solo album typ songs but what's good here is REALLY damn good.

Message of Love

One More

When you Love A Woman

If He Should Break Your Heart

Forever In Blue

Don't Be Down On Me

It's Just The Rain

Trial By Fire

all that is classic Journey for me.

It's a bit generic to say but in his prime Steve Perry was one of the best singers ever.  and i love his tone on this album not quite prime but a rich mature tone.

to band everyone in this band hates each other cause they have gone on after this one.  this lineup i believe had way more n the tank at the time but...."band politics" don't ya know?

Mick

I love Journey. Should check this out at some point.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cyclonus X-1 said:

Judas Priest -- Nostradamus

Here's something interesting...

“I was bussing tables from midnight to 8 a.m. at [American casual diner-style restaurant] Denny’s after I left Megadeth,” he said. “And I would be bussing tables on a weekend, and some guy would go, ‘Dude, you’re Chris Poland.’ [Laughs] And I’d have to go, ‘Yeah, I am.’ [Laughs] And it was so weird, because he just looked at me, like, ‘Dude, what the f**k are you doing here?’ And I would just say, ‘Hey, man, I’ve gotta eat. I’ve gotta pay the rent.’

“When you think of it now, it is pretty crazy, because at that time Megadeth was beyond gold — ‘Peace Sells’ was really like a train,” Chris continued. “And here I am bussing tables in the middle of the night at Denny’s.

He also recalled how he was once insulted on a beach as no one recognized him. “I also had shit happen where I’d be at the beach with my girlfriend, and there’d be, like, six guys walking down the boardwalk in Venice wearing Megadeth shirts,” Poland recalled. “And at the time my girlfriend said, ‘Hey, you guys. You know who this is? This is Chris Poland from Megadeth.’ And they would just go, ‘Yeah, right. f**k off,’ and then walk away. [Laughs] So I’ve had every little version of weirdness from being in that band, let me tell you.”

Asked if ever regretted leaving Megadeth, Chris said: “It was just meant to be. It got to the point where it was just time… It wasn’t working for anybody anymore. Who knows what would have happened if I stayed in the band? It was probably best that I didn’t. [Laughs] Probably drugs would have killed somebody, or all of us. Who knows?”

• Like 3

Sparks - Kimono My House (first time listen)

I was singing along in my funniest falsetto most of the way through. Gloriously absurd.

• Like 2

Mastodon- Emperor Of Sand 

• Like 1

Since Friday:

Pollyanna - Slime

Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (D.R.U.G.S.) - Destroy Rebuild

Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate

Tiny Moving Parts - Swell

Paramore - Brand New Eyes (actually, this might overtake After Laughter for me…)

Rush - Caress Of Steel

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Paramore - Brand New Eyes (actually, this might overtake After Laughter for me…)

Rush - Caress Of Steel

I've always thought that Brand New Eyes was their best album from a songwriting standpoint.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I've always thought that Brand New Eyes was their best album from a songwriting standpoint.

It is neck and neck with AL for me right now. I’m just constantly blown away how one record can contain so much perfection. All I hope is that they release another one this year and just put the cherry on top of my recent addiction to them.

• Like 1

Blind Guardian - A Twist In The Myth (first time listen)

Well Segue, I don't care if it's their worst album, I really enjoyed that! lol

9 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

Same here. I'm also very partial to the self titled, which I know isn't for everyone.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked