Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

11 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Jefferson Airplan - Surrealistic Pillow

The exceptions are the 2 big hits, White Rabbit (wow) and Somebody To Love (wow times 10).  Grace Slick's vocals have more than stood the test of time.

I love "She Has Funny Cars" as much as I do the two big hits!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- A Farewell To Kings 

Rush- Hemispheres 

Something struck me listening to these two masterpieces: in the grand scheme of things, very little time separates Hemispheres from Roll The Bones, yet they sound worlds apart.

I think of "this is a seventies album, that is a nineties album", but the reality is they evolved so much in a short space of time it's crazy to me to think how it must have felt to be a fan following them from the early days. 

Anyway, these two albums are flawless to me. I absolutely adore them, and my relationship with Hemispheres has changed so much. Back to back, they are intoxicating and still so forward thinking. Some albums age badly, some albums are simply timeless. 

I wish there was a Mega Like button…

..great spins and insight Segue!

:)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Cat 3 said:

I wish there was a Mega Like button…

..great spins and insight Segue!

:)

Thank you! These two albums back to back is a one of a kind listening experience. 

• Like 2

Yes- The Yes Album 

Yes- Fragile 

Yes- Close To The Edge 

Yes- Tales From Topographic Oceans (Side A only)

Okay this was f***ing amazing but I'm not sure I want to binge them like this too often. Tales remains a stunning album to me, but I burned out in the end.

• Like 7

• The topic was locked