Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

21 hours ago, ST3V said:

Makes me wonder how much better the debut couldve been if 4 of the 6 songs weren't written by other people.

As for the slander, Man of Miracles is definitely JY's low point in his career, thats a DeYoung album all the way. And I used to be a big non-fan of Serpent but even that album ive warmed up to (most of it)

Don't get me wrong, I love their early stuff, the good and the bad. And I have an unexplainable love for the debut, I love it way more than I really think it deserves. I enjoy Serpent and Miracles but they are bizarre, Equinox and Crystal Ball are definitely unexpected delights after that! I love all of Styx's albums, although Kilroy annoys me the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

“…and if Love Remains,

though everything is lost…”

"...we will pay the price,
but we will not count the cost..."

• Like 3

Taylor Swift

Reputation (6/10)

I've warmed to this......BUT not enough to ignore the Bad.  which for me is basically the first half Minus Endgame and Delicate.  I know what she was going for but for me......it fails more than it succeeds. I would have said Look......was her worst song ever and i still will say that, lol.  i know some fans will defend it saying she was trying to be annoying.  Well she is and it's a bad song.

The 2nd half is better with Getaway Car, King of My Heart, Dress, Call it What You Want, News Years Day.  Gorgeous is not bad.  but even Side "b" is Marred by This why We Can't Have Nice Things.

This album is bonkers.  Credit for not being dull.  but......when it's bad it's bottom of the barrel Swift.

Mick

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift

Reputation (6/10)

I've warmed to this......BUT not enough to ignore the Bad.  which for me is basically the first half Minus Endgame and Delicate.  I know what she was going for but for me......it fails more than it succeeds. I would have said Look......was her worst song ever and i still will say that, lol.  i know some fans will defend it saying she was trying to be annoying.  Well she is and it's a bad song.

The 2nd half is better with Getaway Car, King of My Heart, Dress, Call it What You Want, News Years Day.  Gorgeous is not bad.  but even Side "b" is Marred by This why We Can't Have Nice Things.

This album is bonkers.  Credit for not being dull.  but......when it's bad it's bottom of the barrel Swift.

Mick

The first half is me faaaaaaaave but the second half leads beautifully into Lover. 

If I still scored out of ten I'd give this a modest 10/10 

It might be my favourite album of the 2010s

Edited by Segue Myles

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

The first half is me faaaaaaaave but the second half leads beautifully into Lover. 

If I still scored out of ten I'd give this a modest 10/10 

It might be my favourite album of the 2010s

hard disagree but honestly you appreciate her more  than i do.  i feel she caould release like Taylor Queefs and you'd tear up, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

hard disagree but honestly you appreciate her more  than i do.  i feel she caould release like Taylor Queefs and you'd tear up, lol

Mick

No, I have beefs with most of her work. But generally I don't dislike anything yet. She's in that stage Nightwish were pre-last album where I almost don't believe I could ever be disappointed. 

But hey I love Pat Benatar and she is flawless until a hard downturn in the nineties. No reason to believe Swift will be on top forever.

Taylor Swift-Midnights

so I'm not scoring this cause i'll just say it right off again........i don't like it.  not even a fraction of a hint of liking it.

I'd been doing a relisten of her discography out of order and i've been putting this off.  I haven't heard the full album since release day 2 months ago.  I have tried on and off since but would always flick off after about 4 tracks.  You've heard me say i HATE this record......and i kinda said that to be dramatic  i do not hate it.  However this album is severely Disappointing.  and the worst sin of all.  it's boring.  SOOOOO boring.  at 13 songs (standard release) it's 44 minutes but it feels at least 89. Than she dropes 8 MORE tracks.  So when i read that i wanted to run.....far away, lol

So let me hit with some positives.

1. Anti-Hero.

uh.......on to the negatives, lol.

It's Taylor Stomping on on ground we know very well. 

1.  She loves Joe......wonderful.

2. She's misunderstood....k.

3. She wants revenge:zzz:

4. she can.......Light up a room? I guess?

5. She  likes colors.

Musically it's boring trap beats and awful 2010 vocal effects.

Lyrically.....don't get me started.

the 3AM tracks are.......songs that i don't care about by the time i get there.....YES they are an improvement.....mildly.....over the 13 standards......but at that point i don't care.

i know i'm gonna get this long thing from Segue i'll just curtail him....i hear you but i 1000%disagree, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-Midnights

so I'm not scoring this cause i'll just say it right off again........i don't like it.  not even a fraction of a hint of liking it.

I'd been doing a relisten of her discography out of order and i've been putting this off.  I haven't heard the full album since release day 2 months ago.  I have tried on and off since but would always flick off after about 4 tracks.  You've heard me say i HATE this record......and i kinda said that to be dramatic  i do not hate it.  However this album is severely Disappointing.  and the worst sin of all.  it's boring.  SOOOOO boring.  at 13 songs (standard release) it's 44 minutes but it feels at least 89. Than she dropes 8 MORE tracks.  So when i read that i wanted to run.....far away, lol

So let me hit with some positives.

1. Anti-Hero.

uh.......on to the negatives, lol.

It's Taylor Stomping on on ground we know very well. 

1.  She loves Joe......wonderful.

2. She's misunderstood....k.

3. She wants revenge:zzz:

4. she can.......Light up a room? I guess?

5. She  likes colors.

Musically it's boring trap beats and awful 2010 vocal effects.

Lyrically.....don't get me started.

the 3AM tracks are.......songs that i don't care about by the time i get there.....YES they are an improvement.....mildly.....over the 13 standards......but at that point i don't care.

i know i'm gonna get this long thing from Segue i'll just curtail him....i hear you but i 1000%disagree, lol

Mick

EAT MY POO

• Haha 3

Just now, treeduck said:

He'd probably really enjoy that, and he wouldn't even have to brush his teeth afterwards because they're the same colour.

Oh lord wow🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

I can’t wait until you dig into the brilliant Queen II.

I "discovered" Queen three or four years ago, so I've already dug into their discography. :smile:

Queen II is my fave, followed closely by Sheer Heart Attack.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

Then, of course, "Sheer Heart Attack" came along!

Of subject, a bit, but what was the order that you bought the Queen albums?

Chronological! It was a kind of crazy idea, since I’d never bought music before, but I decided when I wanted to get into Queen that they were already my favorite band just from the hits, so I thought I would give myself the immersive experience by getting each studio album in chronological order from Queen to Made In Heaven (skipping Flash Gordon) over the course of my high school career. I got Queen and Queen II the summer before my freshman year and Made In Heaven just before I graduated.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:52 PM, bluefox4000 said:

IMO easily the best album of the grunge era.  it's not even a discussion for me.

Mick

Yep totally agree with you Mick :yes:

• Like 1

• The topic was locked