Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla 

Saxon- Crusader

Iron Maiden- Killers 

Styx- Pieces Of Eight 

Foreigner- Double Vision

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Saxon- Power And The Glory

I have this album on a picture Disc! I'll have to spin it again!

• Like 1

Fall Out Boy - Folie À Deux

Caligula’s Horse - The Tide, The Thief, And The River’s End

The Dear Hunter - Act I: The Lake South, The River North

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I have this album on a picture Disc! I'll have to spin it again!

It's one of those albums that I didn't really like at first, but it's become one of my favourites of theirs.

Saxon are such an endearing band. They honestly never come close to the likes of Priest or Maiden but my god, I love them. There is a certain homely, very British feeling to their music that hits softer than their peers, but I enjoy it immensely. I've got their first nine studio albums, Saxon up to Destiny, and I really enjoy them all. 

• Like 1

Taylor Swift

Fearless-7/10)

Speak Now (8/10)

I listened to the original Fearless and the 7 rating has a reason.  I love a lot of the material but....I HATE the bright disney pop production.  it frankly sucks.

and her vocals are like........they hurt my ears inn spots.  She was young so it's ok.'

and Speak now.  This was her first step into maturity and it's fun.  she's trying different styles and sounds.  also this album should have been calleed don't f**k with me.  lol.  the Songs are a laundry list of people that have slighted her.  if you look it up it really is just that, lol. 

But it's STILL too Disney pop in souud for me.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift

Fearless-7/10)

Speak Now (8/10)

I listened to the original Fearless and the 7 rating has a reason.  I love a lot of the material but....

I'm in agreement. I love her but never really understood how that album wan AOTY at the Grammies. Even back then, I was excited by the potential more than the album itself (I heard Love Story once and knew she would be a superstar, I just think that song is incredible and to know she wrote it...never mind).

The re-recorded version is superior. The voice of maturity singing songs about being a teenager gave it a really fresh new perspective.

In general I just want her first three albums blessed with her current voice, I'm a huge fan but those early albums...eek...(am I mean?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm in agreement. I love her but never really understood how that album wan AOTY at the Grammies. Even back then, I was excited by the potential more than the album itself (I heard Love Story once and knew she would be a superstar, I just think that song is incredible and to know she wrote it...never mind).

The re-recorded version is superior. The voice of maturity singing songs about being a teenager gave it a really fresh new perspective.

In general I just want her first three albums blessed with her current voice, I'm a huge fan but those early albums...eek...(am I mean?)

don't hate me but her young voice hurts my ears:laugh2:

and I DO NOT blame her of course but yea, lol

Mick

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

don't hate me but her young voice hurts my ears:laugh2:

and I DO NOT blame her of course but yea, lol

Mick

I'm the same. Love her to death, I was a fan the second I heard her, but I really did feel like the best was to come (not that I ever imagined a Red level album, or anything like Reputation, but still).

She definitely grew into her voice. I'd say she came into her own somewhere between Speak Now and Red. That tour in between albums is where I really noticed her improve, which goes to show it doesn't matter how limited you are vocally, you can always improve (she's got a captivating voice, but she ain't Aretha).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm the same. Love her to death, I was a fan the second I heard her, but I really did feel like the best was to come (not that I ever imagined a Red level album, or anything like Reputation, but still).

She definitely grew into her voice. I'd say she came into her own somewhere between Speak Now and Red. That tour in between albums is where I really noticed her improve, which goes to show it doesn't matter how limited you are vocally, you can always improve (she's got a captivating voice, but she ain't Aretha).

i call her this generations Carly Simon.  Simon never had the best voice but for her songs it was magic.

Mick

• Like 2

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

i call her this generations Carly Simon.  Simon never had the best voice but for her songs it was magic.

Mick

I've said that for ages. Flashes of Carole King here and there, a dash of Faith Hill. 

Btw, sent you a band on messenger. Give that song a go, it's the most adventurous rock band I've heard in a while (gave me Thrice vibes). 

• Like 2

Styx- The Mission 

I have no qualms putting the last two Styx albums in my top five. They live up to The Grand Illusion and Pieces Of Eight as back to back classics. Sad they came out the wrong era! 

• Like 4

Styx- Styx II 

This is such a wonderful early album. It's odd to me how much they shat the bed on the next two, because this record, on the right label, could have made them contenders. But that had to wait a bit longer because they insisted on being bloody awful after this for a couple of records 🤣

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Styx- Styx II 

This is such a wonderful early album. It's odd to me how much they shat the bed on the next two, because this record, on the right label, could have made them contenders. But that had to wait a bit longer because they insisted on being bloody awful after this for a couple of records 🤣

Makes me wonder how much better the debut couldve been if 4 of the 6 songs weren't written by other people.

As for the slander, Man of Miracles is definitely JY's low point in his career, thats a DeYoung album all the way. And I used to be a big non-fan of Serpent but even that album ive warmed up to (most of it)

Edited by ST3V

• The topic was locked