Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

the white album.......my fav album.

but unpopular opinion-Mos double albums are albums that rarely justify being double abums.

there are great ones but few are masterpieces.

I can think of maybe just 4. and even at that 2 of these are  9's.

White album

Tusk (10/10....there's another!!!! lol)

The River (9/10)

Blonde on blonde. (9/10)

Something like goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I love.  but honestly...... some Filler tracks.

oh and Hushed ad grim was great not perfect but still wonderful

Mick

BIFFY CLYRO- OPPOSITES YOU BITCH

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

the white album.......my fav album.

but unpopular opinion-Mos double albums are albums that rarely justify being double abums.

there are great ones but few are masterpieces.

I can think of maybe just 4. and even at that 2 of these are  9's.

White album

Tusk (10/10....there's another!!!! lol)

The River (9/10)

Blonde on blonde. (9/10)

Something like goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I love.  but honestly...... some Filler tracks.

oh and Hushed ad grim was great not perfect but still wonderful

Mick

Mine too.

Exile on Main Street is another double album masterpiece.  All Things Must Pass is a triple album masterpiece.

Hawt take?  Use Your Illusion is too.

• Like 3

Just now, Rick N. Backer said:

Mine too.

Exile on Main Street is another double album masterpiece.  All Things Must Pass is a triple album masterpiece.

OK So..........i love those Illusion albums.  They're chaotic messy al over the place.  but.......if i'm gonna listen to any G N R.  It'll be those albums.

i enjoy appetite but give me the Illusion albums any day.

Mick

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

OK So..........i love those Illusion albums.  They're chaotic messy al over the place.  but.......if i'm gonna listen to any G N R.  It'll be those albums.

Mick

I think that's the charm of double albums though.  I like the variety.  

The Wall is another one, IMO.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Ooh hard disagree from me. I can appreciate messy and chaotic (see The White Album), but the Illusions just feel simultaneously overcooked and underfocused to me. There’s good music to be found on there, but barely anything as good as the stuff on Appetite.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I think that's the charm of double albums though.  I like the variety.  

The Wall is another one, IMO.  

That is the charm of them. I think everyone has a slightly different taste in chaos and variety though. For me the Illlusions just don’t really work, but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a smash.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Mine too.

Exile’s really interesting to me in that it barely has any of the Stone’s biggest hits (pretty much just Tumbling Dice), but it has tons of their best songs all across both discs. Not my absolute favorite from

them, but worthy of all the praise it gets.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

ok ok........but you know what brings this down.  Rainy day Women.  never liked it never will like it, lol

but everything else.......prime Bob.

Mick

I guess if you had to point to one song on that album that’s clearly not like the rest of it, that would have to be the one. Works for me I think because I’d barely heard any Bob before I got that album, and I had no idea what the rest of the album was like, so I didn’t realize how jarringly out of place it is till I got pretty far into the record already, at which point I’d already decided I liked it.

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

BIFFY CLYRO- OPPOSITES YOU BITCH

I would be exactly like this if Queen had ever done a double. Closest they got was Innuendo and Made In Heaven, which are double when on vinyl, but we’re really made for CDs and this have the feel and flow of long single CD albums.

• Like 1

Oh and what did I listen to today??? Lol

Gabrielle Aplin - Phosphorescent 

Björk - Vespertine

The Killers - Pressure Machine

Thoughts on the first will be posted later in the album a week thread.

Björk is always evocative, and this is one of her best.

Honestly, I think I like Pressure Machine more than Sam’s Town.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That is the charm of them. I think everyone has a slightly different taste in chaos and variety though. For me the Illlusions just don’t really work, but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is a smash.

I've got a double album you might be interested in. Gami Gang by Origami Angel. They're mostly a punk/emo duo, but this album experiments with jazz, hip hop, metal, and more. It's only a little over 50 minutes, but they consider it a double album, as there's 20 songs, and their first album is about half as long. I've seen them live twice. The first time, they opened for State Champs. The second time they opened for The Wonder Years, along with Save Face and Spanish Love Songs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

I've got a double album you might be interested in. Gami Gang by Origami Angel. They're mostly a punk/emo duo, but this album experiments with jazz, hip hop, metal, and more. It's only a little over 50 minutes, but they consider it a double album, as there's 20 songs, and their first album is about half as long. I've seen them live twice. The first time, they opened for State Champs. The second time they opened for The Wonder Years, along with Save Face and Spanish Love Songs.

Okay!

• Like 1

• The topic was locked