Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Anthrax- Among The Living 

Okay, Caught In A Mosh is my new favourite song

I ruined a date when I saw this song live. I knew the place would pop off so we moved to the side of the arena, she still ended up getting moshed lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Dan Fogelberg-The Innocent age (9/10)

I have such fond memories of being 10 and 11 and going though my mom's LP'S.  she loved James Talyor, Jim Croce, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Brown and this guy.  I was kinda born and bred on this era...this genre....this sound.  and i'm so glad i was.

Mick

Dan Fogelberg is so great, I love listening to him. Wished he had lived longer. 

• Like 2

A bunch of friends of mine:

Trash Boat And The Ambush - Songs For The Class War

Cosmonaut Cassettes - 47

d-steve - Demos Dump

The first is hyper political folk punk with a very diy attitude about everything.

The second is a concept album about the sun dying and humans searching for a new home, all via acoustic folk songs with some added bass or synth work on occasion.

The last is the most professional sounding recording of the bunch, but is purely acoustic singer songwriter fair without a single overdub or instrument other than vox and guitar. Most of the songs are love songs.

I know all three of these artists personally.

• Like 1

Megadeth- The Sick, The Dying...And The Dead 

This is a really good album, but maybe it's just me, it sounds a little subdued?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

This is a really good album, but maybe it's just me, it sounds a little subdued?

Yeah, this isn't doing anything for me.

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

This album begins great. All the way through to Dogs Of Chernobyl. Then it's just ok for a few songs. Then it gets good again with Solider On then ok again for a few songs until finishing strong with We'll Be Back. Actually a lot of Megadeth albums are like this. Some real top notch stuff then a number of songs that are decent enough to make the album listenable. So Far, So Good, So What was the first album they did like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

This album begins great. All the way through to Dogs Of Chernobyl. Then it's just ok for a few songs. Then it gets good again with Solider On then ok again for a few songs until finishing strong with We'll Be Back. Actually a lot of Megadeth albums are like this. Some real top notch stuff then a number of songs that are decent enough to make the album listenable. So Far, So Good, So What was the first album they did like that.

It's absolutely not bottom of the barrel, I like it. But I was anticipating a better listen. I gave it a cursory glance when it came out earlier this year, and it came off strong but I was on a high with new Blind Guardian, Machine Head, Septicflesh, Lamb Of God...it just seemed another strong release. And it is, it's no Risk or Supercollider. But it's also nothing too memorable.

Loved that title track though, for what it's worth, and I am very fond of the artwork for some reason.

17 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

That middle section is the thing that keeps this record from eclipsing Dystopia for me. I don't remember any of it compared to Celbutante or Mission to Mars.

In a very 2006 mood today:

Lacuna Coil- Karmacode 

Lamb Of God- Sacrament 

Mastodon- Blood Mountain 

Muse- Black Holes And Revelations 

Fightstar- Grand Unification 

All That Remains- The Fall Of Ideals 

Killswitch Engage- As Daylight Dies 

Cannibal Corpse- Kill 

Taylor Swift- Taylor Swift 

• Like 2

I tried continuing my 2022 binge, but I decided to run the gauntlet instead:

Meshuggah - Immutable

Elton John - Elton John

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection

Elton John - Madman Across the Water
Elton John - Honky Château

Elton John - Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Elton John - Caribou

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

Elton John - Rock of the Westies

Elton John - Blue Moves

• Like 6

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Anthrax:

Spreading The Disease

Among The Living 

Rumour has it I did a Segue on these guys recently. Not sure I ever shared that enthusiasm 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

In Flames- Come Clarity 

The older I get the more this band feels like 'my band". I don't want to share them, they are mine!

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rumour has it I did a Segue on these guys recently. Not sure I ever shared that enthusiasm 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, I was there as you fan girled  out the other night. You should continue on with them. State Of Euphoria isn't as good as the two before it but it's still good. The record label forced the band to follow up Among The Living quicker than they wanted to, so some of the songs aren't the caliber of the two previous albums. You must also hear Persistence Of Time which I think is the band's masterpiece. Don't you think it's funny that the abbreviation for Spreading The Disease is STD? 😄

• Like 3

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yes, I was there as you fan girled  out the other night. You should continue on with them. State Of Euphoria isn't as good as the two before it but it's still good. The record label forced the band to follow up Among The Living quicker than they wanted to, so some of the songs aren't the caliber of the two previous albums. You must also hear Persistence Of Time which I think is the band's masterpiece. Don't you think it's funny that the abbreviation for Spreading The Disease is STD? 😄

Definitely! I went to my local record store and bought both these albums yesterday btw

Machine Head- The Burning Red 

MH fans are too hard on this record. It's pulsatingly heavy for the most part, sounding just like you'd expect a MH album to. Sure, some unexpected elements are present, but they feel adventurous rather than pandering. I love this album. Is it one of their best?

Noooooooooo!

Is it as bad as fans make out? No, that album is Supercharger.

• The topic was locked