Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

N.F.L. is a weird one 

It reminds me of AFI when they were straight up horror punk! 

Anthrax...you have my heart, you weirdos!

That riff is evil, and insanely catchy.

• Like 2

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It's the gang vocals, the punk elements, with the rollicking metal swagger. Anthrax are fuckinf creative! 

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this is the album that I hated. Oh dumbass me I could have been a fan years and years and years ago!

• Like 2

It's the gang vocals, the punk elements, with the rollicking metal swagger. Anthrax are fuckinf creative! 

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this is the album that I hated. Oh dumbass me I could have been a fan years and years and years ago!

My favorite track on the album is Indians. It's a lot more standard thrash than NFL, but the riff is so epic and the breakdown is top notch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

When I saw them play that song live once there was this guy at the front of the stage who was headbanging so hard that from where I was standing it looked like he was bouncing his head off the front of the stage. I don't think that's what he was doing but I like to remember it that way.

• Like 3

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

When I saw them play that song live once there was this guy at the front of the stage who was headbanging so hard that from where I was standing it looked like he was bouncing his head off the front of the stage. I don't think that's what he was doing but I like to remember it that way.

He might have had one too many cookies... from the batch no one should taste.

Fr though that song is insanely good.

• Like 1

My favorite track on the album is Indians. It's a lot more standard thrash than NFL, but the riff is so epic and the breakdown is top notch.

I love thrash, especially the more I look into the underground bands (Flotsam And Jetsam, Mekong Delta, Death Angel, Sabbat), but my god I never thought the genre had something so insanely fun as this! 

If Gwen Stefani was to feature on an Anthrax song with a ska breakdown I really wouldn't be surprised 

• Like 1

Indians is more to my taste. Almost bored 🤣 I NEED SOME QUIRKY GIMME THE QUIRK

Ohhhhh the way he spits the vocals out makes my tongue feel so lazy

• Like 1

Indians has riffs that every single band in 2005 ripped off at least once

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I love thrash, especially the more I look into the underground bands (Flotsam And Jetsam, Mekong Delta, Death Angel, Sabbat), but my god I never thought the genre had something so insanely fun as this! 

If Gwen Stefani was to feature on an Anthrax song with a ska breakdown I really wouldn't be surprised 

Sorry I'm not home right now

I'm walking into Skeletons

IN THE CLOSET!

Indians has riffs that every single band in 2005 ripped off at least once

One of my favorites to play on Guitar Hero. Just a perfect head banging rifftastic time.

Nevermind the fact that the main riff bears a little resemblance to a certain Canadian trio....lol

One of my favorites to play on Guitar Hero. Just a perfect head banging rifftastic time.

Nevermind the fact that the main riff bears a little resemblance to a certain Canadian trio....lol

The Chipmunks were Canadian?

One World is headbanging gold 

Wow this album is the total opposite of traditional thrash. Gosh this is fun! 

I really need to sleep but it's nearly over.

Great, great, great album. I really needed fun this week!

• Like 2

The Chipmunks!!??? HA!  

The joke becomes a fact when you realise the lil rodents would need Helium to top the vocals on Hemispheres.

• Haha 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

One World is headbanging gold 

Wow this album is the total opposite of traditional thrash. Gosh this is fun! 

I really need to sleep but it's nearly over.

Great, great, great album. I really needed fun this week!

Just so you know, if you ever see them live and it's general admission, if you don't want to mosh you need to get up against the back wall of the venue. I have seen the entire floor turn into a pit at Anthrax shows.

• Like 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

The joke becomes a fact when you realise the lil rodents would need Helium to top the vocals on Hemispheres.

Maybe Geddy could voice one of them the next time they do a movie, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Just so you know, if you ever see them live and it's general admission, if you don't want to mosh you need to get up against the back wall of the venue. I have seen the entire floor turn into a pit at Anthrax shows.

Who moshes harder, Anthrax fans or Slayer fans?

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

I can imagine! That happened when I saw LoG in 2006/7.

Won't lie that was actually a really scary gig

• Like 1

Anthrax fans because they can party. I can tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Slayer probably. My brother once came home from a Slayer show with a busted nose and his friend cracked a few ribs. The funny thing is that they weren't even trying to mosh. They just ended up getting caught in one. Or maybe 12.

• Like 2

Onto Medley 

So, so catchy. 

Oddly, despite being the longest track on the album, which usually signifies to me the band believes that song to be very important, it's never felt much different than the other album cuts to me in terms of standout status. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's not the album's centerpiece like I assumed it would be the first time I listened.

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

Slayer probably. My brother once came home from a Slayer show with a busted nose and his friend cracked a few ribs. The funny thing is that they weren't even trying to mosh. They just ended up getting caught in one. Or maybe 12.

You know what I love about metal? How the different styles have such different fan reactions.

Go see Lacuna Coil, it's a warm, upbeat party. Go see Lamb Of God? You get a free ticket to you ancestors.

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked