Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Anthrax- Fistful Of Metal 

This was always my favourite Anthrax. I guess it's hard to do classic thrash wrong. So my journey into their discography re-begins! 

A safe start, I love this sound and style.

Don’t stop before you get to The Sound Of White Noise. I have a feeling that might be the one for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Don’t stop before you get to The Sound Of White Noise. I have a feeling that might be the one for you.

I'm on a metal high and want to revisit cornerstone bands I often overlook. 

Of the Big Four, Anthrax have the best debut. Good start! But yeah I played it safe starting at the beginning, I always liked this album a lot. Enjoyed it a lot tonight!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm on a metal high and want to revisit cornerstone bands I often overlook. 

Of the Big Four, Anthrax have the best debut. Good start! But yeah I played it safe starting at the beginning, I always liked this album a lot. Enjoyed it a lot tonight!

I’ve actually never checked out the debut. I almost bought it once but opted for I think Kill Em All instead that day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ve actually never checked out the debut. I almost bought it once but opted for I think Kill Em All instead that day.

There are people who will be like "bleh bleh bleh Metallica are amazing" but the more I look into thrash and death metal, the more I think they got lucky. 

Not one album ranks that high for me. But glad they are super successful. Rather Metallica than Korn.

But yeah, I love bands with great drumming. Anthrax have that, Metallica don't (I don't give a f**k what bigger fans think, enjoy them all you want, Metallica are no Testament).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

There are people who will be like "bleh bleh bleh Metallica are amazing" but the more I look into thrash and death metal, the more I think they got lucky. 

Not one album ranks that high for me. But glad they are super successful. Rather Metallica than Korn.

But yeah, I love bands with great drumming. Anthrax have that, Metallica don't (I don't give a f**k what bigger fans think, enjoy them all you want, Metallica are no Testament).

I dig what Lars did for the first 4 records, and some of the stuff on the Black Album was pretty sick too. But yeah I'd agree Benante can blow him out of the water at will. Lars' best talent was writing interesting drum parts to go with James' riffs, which he kinda stopped doing when they got really big.

Anthrax- Spreading The Disease 

Holy f**k, I loved this! What happened to me between this play and the last?

I might add Anthrax to my own Big Four if they keep this up! (Mekong Delta, Testament, Kreator, Death are my current top four, but I know Death is heavily seen as death metal so I could let them go).

I'm probably overreacting but I'm replaying this and having serious fun!! 

A.I.R. is an exceptional opener!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I might add Anthrax to my own Big Four if they keep this up! (Mekong Delta, Testament, Kreator, Death are my current top four, but I know Death is heavily seen as death metal so I could let them go).

EEEEEEEEEE :biggrin:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I dig what Lars did for the first 4 records, and some of the stuff on the Black Album was pretty sick too. But yeah I'd agree Benante can blow him out of the water at will. Lars' best talent was writing interesting drum parts to go with James' riffs, which he kinda stopped doing when they got really big.

Honestly? Nothing much excites me about his work at all. But hey ho, not hating on Metallica because I have a huge fondness for them. My respect outweighs my enjoyment levels. It's just a lof of bands were doing what Metallica were doing, and many I think did it better (Death Angel, Exodus, Overkill, Testament, Megadeth, Flotsam And Jetsam, Sabbat, Exhorder, Judas Priest 😉 )

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

EEEEEEEEEE :biggrin:

Anthrax and Megadeth are the two best of those top four.

I'm aware I could play the next Anthrax and hate it. I'm calling it now, though, I'm gonna be enjoying Anthrax for a fair while!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Honestly? Nothing much excites me about his work at all. But hey ho, not hating on Metallica because I have a huge fondness for them. My respect outweighs my enjoyment levels. It's just a lof of bands were doing what Metallica were doing, and many I think did it better (Death Angel, Exodus, Overkill, Testament, Judas Priest 😉 )

Oh yeah totally. I mean everyone knows the correct ranking of the most important thrash albums from 1986/87

5. Reign In Blood

4. Master Of Puppets

3. Peace Sells... But Who's Buying

2. Among The Living

1. Turbo

• Haha 2

Mekong Delta- Dances Of Death 

Master Of Puppets could flick my bean all day and not get a single moan of ecstacy as loud as my yells of glee at the f***ing intense darkness of this album.

The thrash metal Hemispheres. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh yeah totally. I mean everyone knows the correct ranking of the most important thrash albums from 1986/87

5. Reign In Blood

4. Master Of Puppets

2. Among The Living

1. Turbo

You forgot The Joshua Tree

• Like 2

5. Reign In Blood

4. Master Of Puppets

2. Among The Living

1. Turbo

Erm...I wouldn't have any Metallica in my top thirty ... 

That's a list I should try! The Facebook page Worship Metal has done wonders for me and my trips into thrash and death. My wallet hates them. 

Oh and stalking Treeduck.

• Haha 1

You forgot The Joshua Tree

Oh I figured that was more death than thrash, but I still only have that second to Nothing Like The Sun in the death metal category.

• Haha 1

Oh I figured that was more death than thrash, but I still only have that second to Nothing Like The Sun in the death metal category.

Where The Streets Have No Name is such a virile beast of a metal anthem, it f***ed my granny senseless last week and now I have a new uncle.

• Haha 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Where The Streets Have No Name is such a virile beast of a metal anthem, it f***ed my granny senseless last week and now I have a new uncle.

I want to run

You need to hide

I want to tear down the walls and tear out your insides

:laugh:

• Haha 1

I want to run

You need to hide

I want to tear down the walls and tear out your insides

:laugh:

Poor Granny Segue. She asked for scrambled eggs but instead she got them fertilised.

• Haha 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Poor Granny Segue. She asked for scrambled eggs but instead she got them fertilised.

That's Bono for you.

• Haha 1

That's Boner for you.

Fixed. 

• Like 1

It sounds like he wasn't though...

He actually was but the power of U2 cured that obstacle. 

(Wait this actually is starting to sound like Bono's ego for real)

• Haha 1

He actually was but the power of U2 cured that obstacle. 

(Wait this actually is starting to sound like Bono's ego for real)

Maybe we should get zepphead on the line to report on the accuracy of this portrayal.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

You are not overreacting. It's that good. I don't think Fistful Of Metal is all that good. I didn't like the first singer and Charlie, the band's main music writer, didn't really write much for the album. It doesn't really have that Anthrax sound quite yet. That's why I usually tell people to start with Spreading The Disease. This is where I think Anthrax truly begins.

• Like 2

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

You are not overreacting. It's that good. I don't think Fistful Of Metal is all that good. I didn't like the first singer and Charlie, the band's main music writer, didn't really write much for the album. It doesn't really have that Anthrax sound quite yet. That's why I usually tell people to start with Spreading The Disease. This is where I think Anthrax truly begins.

YOUNG AND FREE SOMETHING YOU'LL NEVER BE!

• Like 2

David Bowie - Heathen

David Bowie - Blackstar

David Bowie - No Plan EP

Gojira - Magma

Gojira - Fortitude

Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery

• Like 1

• The topic was locked