Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

22 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Was singing them back to myself yesterday! Great stuff. Not at all in that peppier mood today, but I can see this becoming regular rotation with stuff like Infinity On High and Riot for me.

I definitely think you'd like their debut, The Finer Things, and their new one, Kings of the New Age. I saw them play The Finer Things in Full back in 2018. I'm seeing them again next week, and Save Face is one of the openers!

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

Death- Scream Bloody Gore 

Death- Spiritual Healing 

Opeth- Blackwater Park 

Morbid Angel- Altars Of Madness

In Flames- Whoracle 

Taylor Swift- 1989 

Yes I played them in that order 🤣 spent a long night doing paperwork again

• Like 2

Lamb Of God- Sturm Und Drang 

Machine Head- Through The Ashes Of Empires

This LoG album is fantastic! It's definitely not anything genre defining, but it's a magnificent album. The touches of Deftones (Chino Moreno features on this album) and Alice In Chains influences add a really spice to this record. I love this album! 

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Pantera- Coboys From Hell 

Machine Head and Lamb Of God lead me here. Have never been a fan until now. I loved every dark second of this!

Also, who hear knows anything of their music before this? Their glam metal stuff...sounds wild...but it's not bad 🤣

But this album is breathtaking. It's like a less shrill Painkiller.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-Red (10/10)

i figured I'll stop try to click with Midnights (a truly fruitless quest)  and go back to one i love.

Mick

I pair the original with the bonus material on the latest version. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Pantera- Coboys From Hell 

Machine Head and Lamb Of God lead me here. Have never been a fan until now. I loved every dark second of this!

Also, who hear knows anything of their music before this? Their glam metal stuff...sounds wild...but it's not bad 🤣

But this album is breathtaking. It's like a less shrill Painkiller.

Their next album, Vulgar Display Of Power, is even better. They actually got more heavy, aggressive and dark on the two albums that followed Vulgar.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Their next album, Vulgar Display Of Power, is even better. They actually got more heavy, aggressive and dark on the two albums that followed Vulgar.

Brilliant! I'm hearing tonnes of Priest in their sound, which is interesting as Halford seemed to chase this style himself. And then I discover their is now a supergroup involving members of both bands. Forget that bands name. 

Obviously they don't sound just like Priest, but the influence is definitely apparent! 

Vulgar is an album that used to turn me off, but after Cowboys I'm excited for it

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Brilliant! I'm hearing tonnes of Priest in their sound, which is interesting as Halford seemed to chase this style himself. And then I discover their is now a supergroup involving members of both bands. Forget that bands name. 

Obviously they don't sound just like Priest, but the influence is definitely apparent! 

Vulgar is an album that used to turn me off, but after Cowboys I'm excited for it

I have never once heard Priest in Pantera. I'm not even sure where you're hearing it😄

To me, Pantera never sounded like anyone else. They have a unique sound that's all their own. They inspired a plethora of metal bands including the two bands that brought you to them. Machine Head and Lamb Of God don't exist without Pantera.

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I have never once heard Priest in Pantera. I'm not even sure where you're hearing it😄

To me, Pantera never sounded like anyone else. They have a unique sound that's all their own. They inspired a plethora of metal bands including the two bands that brought you to them. Machine Head and Lamb Of God don't exist without Pantera.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/rob-halford-there-was-only-one-pantera#:~:text=Rob Halford%3A “It can',their hearts and their souls. 

I hear lots of Priest in Pantera, but lots of Pantera in nineties Priest and Halford

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

i'm not the biggest pantera fan but yea the priest comparison?  so left field, lol  i don't hear it either.

but i hear PANTERA in tons of bands like you said.

Mick

• Like 1

AFI - Decemberunderground

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

How… how is Phoebe Bridgers so successful despite rarely repeating a single lyric in any of these songs?? I agree it’s great music and the lyrics are really evocative, but… this is subtly really radical. Even choruses are only made known as such by the melody she sings, with different or mostly different lyrics almost every time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

AFI - Decemberunderground

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

How… how is Phoebe Bridgers so successful despite rarely repeating a single lyric in any of these songs?? I agree it’s great music and the lyrics are really evocative, but… this is subtly really radical. Even choruses are only made known as such by the melody she sings, with different or mostly different lyrics almost every time.

Who?

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Midnight's 

I've had an extremely metal year, but this is my favourite album. The only pop over really played repeatedly is Swift. Sorry Machine Head/Lamb Of God/Septicflesh/Blind Guardian/Behemoth 😅

• Like 1

In Flames- Whoracle 

The follow up to The Jester Race is another masterpiece. I love In Flames entire discography, but their death metal era is sublime. I wouldn't change their career path for the world, but the early years were something else! 

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't hear either of those things. Get your ears checked by a professional something might be wrong 😄

The stuff Halford did on those solo albums is in the same vein as Priest.

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked