Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i have a cold and a screaming headache.  Metal would....annoy me to put it nicely, lol just Reading Segue's list makes it hurt:laugh:

Mick

What makes my head hurt is when he switches from Machine Head to Taylor Swift then back again 😄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

What makes my head hurt is when he switches from Machine Head to Taylor Swift then back again 😄

and than says something like Midnights is on par with any MH:laugh: I'm an admitted  swift fan but Midnights sucks........oh god it's sucks monkey balls.  i'm  sick so what filter i had is dead, lo.  Swift should be ashamed of that album, lol

Mick

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Lmao I know headquarters of Spotify must look at my listening ing habits and think an entire neighborhood is listening to my account 😂 and my CD collection makes me look insane 😂

At one point my Swift was next to all my Behemoth 😂 I thought nothing of it but when I invited a work mate around, he asked if me and my partner have clashing tastes due to that, I said we do, but Behemoth and Taylor Swift are two of my favourites, and he looked ready to run 😂

• Like 2

Lacuna Coil- Unleashed Memories 

Still the magnificent goth metal masterpiece I've always known it to be. Gosh, it's been maybe the longest between plays I've ever had with this album, and wow. It's beautiful. Right well, Lacuna Coil are still my darlings 😂

• Like 1

Chicago-X (7/10)

this is the lowest you'll ever see me give a Prime Chicago album.  it's not bad but the pop shift and focus on Cetera had begun.

Play X next to their debut and you go......OH one is a band making zero compromises Vs a band making EVERY compromise.

Mick

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Samy Hagar - Samy Hagar.

When Samy joined VH his existing record contract required that he do one more solo album and this was the result.  Samy played guitar on it and Eddie Van Halen played bass on it.  

Really like the songs Give To Live and Eagles Fly.  I recall Give To Live had a video MTV played back in the day.  Other very good songs on the album include When The Hammer Falls, Returning Home and Back Into You (nothing subtle with the lyrics for that song!!).

Pity Samy never toured to support it and I don't think VH played much of it live.  Very good album.  

The album was titled "I Never Said Goodbye" in the UK, but not sure if that was just over here.

Although Give To Live is on the Right Here Right Now  VH live album, Sammy played something else for his solo spot on the 93 UK tour....sorry, memory fails me for the moment as to what that was

Edited by Alpha68
  • Like 2

Trivium- Ascendancy

Oh f**k now this might be my all time favourite album.

I feel like Oprah today:

"You're my favourite album!"

"And you're my favourite album!"

"No, wait: YOU'RE ALL MY FAVOURITE ALBUM!" 

I would find it easier to pick a favourite child. The least ugly one.

• Like 3

The Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Live at the Filmore 1997 (Holy cow this is a fabulous collection of live tracks and a bajillion covers from their residency in San Francisco. A couple tracks made it onto the Live Anthology a few years back which only made me more hyped for this release. I wonder what other live releases we'll get in a few years. The Heartbreakers are known to have done a few Beatles covers)

Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade - Live Frogs: Sets 1 and 2
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Live in San Francisco '16

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

disc 1 is the better of the two.  but it's still not up to par with anything that came before.

Mick

I just can’t stand the story. The music following it’s lead doesn’t help anything either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Metallica- Lux Aeterna 

I enjoyed this new single

Me too! Nothing flashy but it rocks.

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Me too! Nothing flashy but it rocks.

I keep seeing people say it's old school. Erm, it's very shiny, glossy production makes it sound like a very good modern metal track. I really like it, but it's definitely ot new 

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I keep seeing people say it's old school. Erm, it's very shiny, glossy production makes it sound like a very good modern metal track. I really like it, but it's definitely ot new 

I hear a taste of Kill Em All in it. It’s a got a bit of that quick paced midrange riffage with a slight blues inflection, like they had on the debut when they were trying to be Motörhead.

10 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I just can’t stand the story. The music following it’s lead doesn’t help anything either.

It's a 2nd rate  lamb Lies down rip off......and i' already not enamored with the lamb, lol

Mick

• The topic was locked