• Like 4

Christopher Cross- Christopher Cross 

I love this album

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Chicago II(9/10)

Classic album.

Mick

That’s a 10/10 from me, not that I do ratings, but if I did…

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Chicago- Chicago X 

Chicago- Chicago Transit Authority 

OOOOOOOOOOH THIS IS SO E GOOOOOD SHIIIIIIIIT

nd once again......i've only been saying this to you for YEARS.......listen Padawan.  lol

Mick

• Like 2

Chicago-VII (8/10)

This would be a perfect 10 if not for the instrumental side and a half.  that's REALLY not my thing.  i can take instrumentals for a track or 2 but a whole side.  naw.  Everything else is once again top shelf.

Mick

• Like 2

Samy Hagar - Samy Hagar.

When Samy joined VH his existing record contract required that he do one more solo album and this was the result.  Samy played guitar on it and Eddie Van Halen played bass on it.  

Really like the songs Give To Live and Eagles Fly.  I recall Give To Live had a video MTV played back in the day.  Other very good songs on the album include When The Hammer Falls, Returning Home and Back Into You (nothing subtle with the lyrics for that song!!).

Pity Samy never toured to support it and I don't think VH played much of it live.  Very good album.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That’s a 10/10 from me, not that I do ratings, but if I did…

I saw them play the whole album back in 2018.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Jimmy Eat World - Surviving

State Champs - Around The World And Back

What's the verdict on Around the World and Back? I just got the Deluxe version on vinyl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

What's the verdict on Around the World and Back? I just got the Deluxe version on vinyl.

I like it! Will need to play it more but I think it’s really strong so far. The ballad gets stuck in my head.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 3:11 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Hello many months old recommendation, time I got around to you. Just downloaded that State Champs album. Sampled Secrets and I do think it sounds like my kind of record. Also sampled a couple tracks from that Stand Atlantic album and Pity Party stood out. Might need to grab that one too.

Secrets is debatably their biggest song. I'm glad you liked it. I'd say that their debut, The Finer Things, and their new album, Kings Of The New Age are also worth checking out. The other one, Living Proof, has plenty of good songs, but it's just not at the same level as the other three IMO. The new Stand Atlantic is a fun listen. I listened to it this morning. Their first album, Skinny Dipping, is straightforward pop punk. Their second album, Pink Elephant, introduced electronic elements. The new album, F.E.A.R., expands on that, and also adds prominent emo rap influence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super25Smasher said:

Secrets is debatably their biggest song. I'm glad you liked it. I'd say that their debut, The Finer Things, and their new album, Kings Of The New Age are also worth checking out. The other one, Living Proof, has plenty of good songs, but it's just not at the same level as the other three IMO. The new Stand Atlantic is a fun listen. I listened to it this morning. Their first album, Skinny Dipping, is straightforward pop punk. Their second album, Pink Elephant, introduced electronic elements. The new album, F.E.A.R., expands on that, and also adds prominent emo rap influence.

Secrets is really good too, killer chorus on that one. Stand Atlantic is on my radar for sure now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I like it! Will need to play it more but I think it’s really strong so far. The ballad gets stuck in my head.

I agree on the title track/ballad for sure. I think it's one of, if not their best ballad. The female singer is the frontwoman for the band Jule Vera. The ballad "If I'm Lucky" from their EP, The Acoustic Things is one of their biggest songs.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

Just now, Super25Smasher said:

I agree on the title track/ballad for sure. I think it's one of, if not their best ballad. The female singer is the frontwoman for the band Jule Vera. The ballad "If I'm Lucky" from their EP is one of their biggest songs.

I’ll have to check them out. She’s got a great voice.

• Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ll have to check them out. She’s got a great voice.

I've never listened to them. I used to hear a lot about them from like 2015-2017. She's done some other duets with pop punk artists. She's on the acoustic version of "Concrete" by As It Is, which is another band worth checking out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I've never listened to them. I used to hear a lot about them from like 2015-2017. She's done some other duets with pop punk artists. She's on the acoustic version of "Concrete" by As It Is, which is another band worth checking out.

And the list keeps growing, lol

• Like 1

Monday through Sunday:

Every Time I Die - The Burial Plot Bidding War EP
Every Time I Die - Last Night In Town 
Every Time I Die - Hot Damn
Every Time I Die - Gutter Phenomenon 
Every Time I Die - The Big Dirty 
Every Time I Die - New Junk Aesthetic 
Every Time I Die - Ex-Lives 
Every Time I Die - From Parts Unknown 
Every Time I Die - Salem EP
Every Time I Die - Low Teens 
Every Time I Die - Radical
Yours Truly - Too Late For Apologies EP
Yours Truly - Afterglow EP
Yours Truly - Self Care
Yours Truly - is this what i look like?
Stand Atlantic - Sidewinder EP
Stand Atlantic - Skinny Dipping 
Stand Atlantic - Pink Elephant
Murder In Rue Morgue - Endless Cycles
Stand Atlantic - F.E.A.R.
The Early November - The Mother, The Mechanic, And The Path
DramaScream - Born To Follow
DramaScream - In Your Mind
The Damned Things - Ironiclast
The Damned Things - High Crimes

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

I need to sleep so badly. Anyway, I played all these:

Machine Head- Burn My Eyes 

Machine Head- ...The More Things Change 

Machine Head- The Burning Red 

Machine Head- Supercharger 

Machine Head- Through The Ashes Of Empires 

Machine Head- The Blackening 

Machine Head- Unto The Locust 

Machine Head- Bloodstones And Diamonds 

Machine Head- Catharsis 

Machine Head- Of Kingdom And Crown 

And right now, instead of sleeping, I am replaying Through Ashes Of Empires.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

If you want to sleep, Machine Head and Lamb Of God is definitely not the way to go 😄

I've given up trying now 😂 I'm past the point of tired 😂

I swear to god I had an outer body experience listening to Machine Head last night, I feel higher than a f***ing kite!

25 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

If you want to sleep, Machine Head and Lamb Of God is definitely not the way to go 😄

i have a cold and a screaming headache.  Metal would....annoy me to put it nicely, lol just Reading Segue's list makes it hurt:laugh:

Mick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked