Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 hour ago, yyz305 said:

Eddie Vedder Earthling.jpg

How have I never heard of this album?

Good?!

31 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Chicago-VIII (9/10)

I'll have to dig up the Ranking thread and do the Kath era!!!

believe it or not it'll be pretty hard for me, lol

Mick

It’s hard enough since they don’t give proper names to their records! “Was it VII or VIII that I liked….?” Lol

but I do believe it. Early Chicago is fantastic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It’s hard enough since they don’t give proper names to their records! “Was it VII or VIII that I liked….?” Lol

but I do believe it. Early Chicago is fantastic.

What i loved about early chicago was the ability to blow your head off as a playing unit.  but STILL write catchy as hell songs.

and Again.......you  just zero in on Cetera and soft ballad boy is making that bass literally shoot sparks, lol.  People forget cause he retired bass pretty much in the 80's.  But he's up there with geddy IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

What i loved about early chicago was the ability to blow your head off as a playing unit.  but STILL write catchy as hell songs.

and Again.......you  just zero in on Cetera and soft ballad boy is making that bass literally shoot sparks, lol.  People forget cause he retired bass pretty much in the 80's.  But he's up there with geddy IMO.

Mick

He is fantastic. In the realm of singing bass players those first two albums alone put him in the top 5 of all time. Maybe top 3.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

How have I never heard of this album?

Good?!

Yeah, it's not bad. Bit of a Pearl Jam flavour, but definitely solo style.

It's his most recent album, and he's been playing solo slots in support of it.

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Live at the Filmore 1997 (Well, most of it)

I love love love the Live Anthology and this is the perfect successor. A couple spillover tracks, but some really fun performances by the band. As well as some unbelievably fun covers

• Like 2

On 5/10/2022 at 1:17 AM, Super25Smasher said:

I think Stand Atlantic, State Champs, and The Wonder Years would be good picks for you. Stand Atlantic just released a new album. For State Champs, I'd reccomend their album "Around The World And Back", and their new album comes out Friday. For The Wonder Years I'd reccomend either "The Upsides" or "Suburbia, I've Given You All, And Now I'm Nothing"

Hello many months old recommendation, time I got around to you. Just downloaded that State Champs album. Sampled Secrets and I do think it sounds like my kind of record. Also sampled a couple tracks from that Stand Atlantic album and Pity Party stood out. Might need to grab that one too.

• Like 2

HIM- Dark Light 

Avenged Sevenfold- City Of Evil 

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

Three of the best albums by three of my favourite bands/artists.

• Like 1

Matchbook Romance- Voices 

EP, this is a flamboyant, baroque pop emo band you will probably love. This album is highly recommended, and it came out just before Black Parade. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Matchbook Romance- Voices 

EP, this is a flamboyant, baroque pop emo band you will probably love. This album is highly recommended, and it came out just before Black Parade. 

I’ll have to check it out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’ll have to check it out!

I don't know why I said flamboyant. There is an element of that but it's very melancholy, and rich. I loved this band but they broke up shortly after this album came out. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked