Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Judas Priest- Sin After Sin 

I love this album. I think it's rarely spoken of as a favourite by fans, but it was my first favourite Priest album. Have to say, other records have overtaken for me now. Last Rose Of Summer is an atypical JP song, but it's in my top five. Beautiful ballad. I love the soft whimsy it has, and the atmosphere is beautiful.

• Like 6

Rush- Caress Of Steel 

Rush- 2112 

Rush- A Farewell To Kings

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

I took a break from prog

Blue Oyster Cut-Fire of Unknown Origin (10/10)

Judas Priest-Killing Machine (10/10

Priest-Defenders of the Faith (6/10)

Rush-Presto (9/10)

Mick

I'd give Defenders a 9. It's a teeny tiny bit less than Screaming (and although I can hear the roots of Turbo, it's stronger than that album by far).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'd give Defenders a 9. It's a teeny tiny bit less than Screaming (and although I can hear the roots of Turbo, it's stronger than that album by far).

the biggest sin defenders gets from me.  i  find it stupidly boring.

nothing is on there i'd call bad.  also the production is so processed and slick it's like walking through an 1980's IBM computer factory.  Hindsight is 20/20 but defenders is turbo's sister abum.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

I took a break from prog

Blue Oyster Cut-Fire of Unknown Origin (10/10)

Judas Priest-Killing Machine (10/10

Priest-Defenders of the Faith (6/10)

Rush-Presto (9/10)

Mick

You revisited Rush!!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

the biggest sin defenders gets from me.  i  find it stupidly boring.

nothing is on there i'd call bad.  also the production is so processed and slick it's like walking through an 1980's IBM computer factory.  Hindsight is 20/20 but defenders is turbo's sister abum.

Mick

I'd say it's got elements of Turbo but it is still closer to Screaming for me. Turbo took the playful elements of Defenders and overdid it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

YES!!! but i revisted an album i knew i love to be very safe:laugh:

it worked.

Mick

Yay!! 

• Like 1

Septicflesh- Modern Primitive 

Lorna Shore- Pain Remains 

Okay so the latest Lorna Shore is breathtaking. I loved that. And I totally forgot how amazing Modern Primitive is. I think I may put that album over Of Kingdom And Crown by Machine Head.

Now:

Iron Maiden- Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Blue Oyster Cult-Cultosaurous Rex (8/10)

Mick

I love this album. Kid me picked it out in a store because of the dinosaur cover art 😂

• Like 2

Steely Dan- Aja 

Maybe the most beautiful pop album production of all time. 

• Like 5

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

I can't get over just how beautiful this album is. It took me so long to truly embrace it start to finish, but it was worth it.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Judas Priest- Sin After Sin 

I love this album. I think it's rarely spoken of as a favourite by fans, but it was my first favourite Priest album. Have to say, other records have overtaken for me now. Last Rose Of Summer is an atypical JP song, but it's in my top five. Beautiful ballad. I love the soft whimsy it has, and the atmosphere is beautiful.

Love this album. Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth talked this one years ago and I gave it a listen. Lots of great stuff on there. Like Here Come the Tears, Sinner (which I saw live in 2018!), and Dissident Aggressor!

• Like 2

Disillusion - Ayam

Disillusion doesn't miss. The Liberation was a beautiful record released in 2019 and this is a wonderful follow-up. This may land in my top 5 for albums this year. The closing track even references themes from the Shawshank Redemption!

Edited by Union 5-3992

• The topic was locked