Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

3 minutes ago, Pressure/Hopenosis said:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/SavatageMountainKing.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/Grimreaperrockyoutohell.jpg

I love Savatage! What are Grim Reaper like?

Death- Scream Blood Gore 

Death are impossible to dislike. Amazingly I thought for a long time, until around four years ago, that they only had two albums. Keep meaning to check them out, but this is terrific. Death have a lot in common here with bands I really enjoy like Kreator or Mekong Delta. I'm going to have fun with this. This debut is definitely excellent thrash.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I love Savatage! What are Grim Reaper like?

Metal band with a great singer, Steve Grimmett.  Some of the lyrics are a little corny but I think you would like them.  Hell, you just might love them LOL!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Death- Scream Blood Gore 

Death are impossible to dislike. Amazingly I thought for a long time, until around four years ago, that they only had two albums. Keep meaning to check them out, but this is terrific. Death have a lot in common here with bands I really enjoy like Kreator or Mekong Delta. I'm going to have fun with this. This debut is definitely excellent thrash.

f**k yes!!!  They are just so damn awesome!!!  SICK! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Death- Scream Blood Gore 

their first three albums are nothing compared to their last four, chuck was a great lyricist and also wrote guitar riffs which are still crazy by today’s standards. the pioneer of the genre (death metal) is still the best example of it to this day imo. prob a top 10 band for me, and they’re one i also got into relatively recently (2019)

19 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

their first three albums are nothing compared to their last four, chuck was a great lyricist and also wrote guitar riffs which are still crazy by today’s standards. the pioneer of the genre (death metal) is still the best example of it to this day imo. prob a top 10 band for me, and they’re one i also got into relatively recently (2019)

My favourite album of theirs is their last one. But I already know the debut inside and out so I decided to start here. Haven't continued today but will tomorrow. I looked at their full discography, I said earlier at one time I thought they just had two albums, but I'm thinking that is a bit wrong because I'm certain I owned three of them at least in high school. The debut, the final album, and Leprosy.

• Like 1

Grim Reaper- See You In Hell 

This is a lot of fun! Reminds me of early Iced Earth, and bits of Maiden/Priest/Saxon/early Savatage. Very much my cup of tea! The title track was really fun.

Cheesy but I think gloriously so. This band missed out on writing some killer cartoon themes 😂

• Like 2

Saxon- Saxon 

And I've now put on:

Judas Priest- Defenders Of The Faith 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

This is a lot of fun! Reminds me of early Iced Earth, and bits of Maiden/Priest/Saxon/early Savatage. Very much my cup of tea! The title track was really fun.

Cheesy but I think gloriously so. This band missed out on writing some killer cartoon themes 😂

i remeber the title track!!!!!!   :laugh2: he hods the final note for a decade:laugh:

Mick

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i remeber the title track!!!!!!   :laugh2: he hods the final note for a decade:laugh:

Mick

It's definitely cartoony metal isn't it? That was some good cheese! I thought it was about to get on my nerves, but the album was over. I really had fun with that!

I'm currently playing Defenders Of The Faith, I feel I underrated this one. I absolutely love it right now! Screaming For Vengeance is maybe better but this has some terrific moments. (Teensy bit cheesier, Rock Hard Ride Free is about as eighties arena rock as it gets, but in a good way).

• Like 2

Just finished listening to "Too Mean to Die" by Accept.  Decent album.  I esp. liked the songs "Zombie Apocalypse", "No Ones Master", "Sucks To Be You", "The Best Is Yet To Come", "How Do We Sleep" & the instrumental "Samson And Delilah".  Zombie Apocalypse was likely the best song on the album (IMO).  Not as good as some of Accepts other recent albums but still an enjoyable album.

• Like 2

Judas Priest- Turbo 

I do have fondness for this album, but I found it really annoying tonight so turned it off. Oh well.

Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance 

I love this album. Much better!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Judas Priest- Turbo 

I do have fondness for this album, but I found it really annoying tonight so turned it off. Oh well.

Judas Priest- Screaming For Vengeance 

I love this album. Much better!

Like you I would agree that Screaming 4 Vengeance is much better than Turbo.  That being said, I also like Turbo.  

For me the Priest albums of the 80's would be (1 & 2) British Steel / Screaming for Vengeance (not certain which I like more, but they are the 1 & 2 Priest albums for me), (3 - 5) Point of Entry, Turbo, Ram it Down (never figured out an order but I like them all about the same) (6) Defenders of the Faith (not a bad album, I just like everything above it more) (7) Painkiller.  Ugh!!!  I would like to rate it lower but thats the lowest I can rate it.  I don't care for it at all.  For me its a huge drop off from Defenders to Painkiller.  I really dislike it.  Then again, its the most thrash metal album Priest has done and I don't care much for thrash.  I prefer classical metal (like most of Priests work), symphonic metal, power metal, hair metal and some prog metal.  So its not a shock I don't care for it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Come on, admit it, the band should have definitely been sponsored by Kraft 😄

• Haha 1

Friday and Saturday:

Nickelback - Get Rollin'
Hunny - Homesick EP (Deluxe)
Save Face - Merci
Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (Deluxe)
Young Culture - You Had To Be There
The Home Team - Black Sheep EP 

The Home Team - Better Off

The Home Team - Slow Bloom (Deluxe)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Come on, admit it, the band should have definitely been sponsored by Kraft 😄

Absolutely!! I said to Mick that the album was a remix away from being a collection of anime themes 😂

• Like 1

Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla 

I really enjoy this album. I probably play it more than Sad Wings. 

Judas Priest- Sad Wings Of Destiny 

I really enjoy this album. I should probably play it more than Rocka Rolla.

😂

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Like you I would agree that Screaming 4 Vengeance is much better than Turbo.  That being said, I also like Turbo.  

For me the Priest albums of the 80's would be (1 & 2) British Steel / Screaming for Vengeance (not certain which I like more, but they are the 1 & 2 Priest albums for me), (3 - 5) Point of Entry, Turbo, Ram it Down (never figured out an order but I like them all about the same) (6) Defenders of the Faith (not a bad album, I just like everything above it more) (7) Painkiller.  Ugh!!!  I would like to rate it lower but thats the lowest I can rate it.  I don't care for it at all.  For me its a huge drop off from Defenders to Painkiller.  I really dislike it.  Then again, its the most thrash metal album Priest has done and I don't care much for thrash.  I prefer classical metal (like most of Priests work), symphonic metal, power metal, hair metal and some prog metal.  So its not a shock I don't care for it.

I enjoy Painkiller immensely but I rarely reach out for it when in the mood for JP. I can see where you're coming from though, but I enjoy thrash.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked