Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Within Temptation:

The Silent Force 

The Heart Of Everything 

Still their best albums for me. Though I have to say I love Resist to death!

21 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Resist isn't even close to these two. It's a good album but nowhere near the same league.

I don't believe that. I think Resist is almost the match of both of these. 

• Haha 1

In Flames- Clayman 

Rush- Presto 

Rush- Moving Pictures 

Presto is once more growing on me again, proving my theory that every single Rush album is a top ten Rush album for me.

• Like 4

Flower Kings-Desolation Rose-(7/10)

Probably my least fav album with Tomas on Keyboards.  I used to think Tomas was a key ingredient in this band but in Revisiting the most recent 3 albums with the new (ish) line up.  i think it refreshed them again.  So maybe Tomas leaving wasn't such a band thing.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

Rush- Grace Under Pressure 

Toto- Toto

• Like 4

I said I was leaning emo and then I accidentally went prog this afternoon, lol.

Caligula’s Horse - The Tide, The Thief, And The River’s End

Yes - Close To The Edge

The Who - Tommy

• Like 2

I'm still pretty deep into Gizztober.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Laminated Denim

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Changes

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity (X2)

Wednesday and Thursday:

Hot Rod Circuit - Reality's Coming Through
Hot Rod Circuit - The Underground Is A Dying Breed 
Hot Rod Circuit - Sorry About Tomorrow 
Save Face - Folly EP
Save Face - Folly: On The Rocks EP
Selena Gomez and the Scene - Kiss and Tell 
Selena Gomez and the Scene - A Year Without Rain 
Selena Gomez and the Scene - When The Sun Goes Down 
Promiser - Clarity EP
Promiser - Monochrome EP
Dropkick Murphys - This Machine Still Kills Fascists (Vinyl)
Between You and Me - Armageddon (Vinyl)
Super American - Sup (Vinyl)

• Like 1

Paramore- Brand New Eyes 

Paramore- Paramore 

I've never been a die hard fan of this band, but these are two particularly fantastic albums. I always though of them as a blend of Jimmy Eat World and No Doubt. 

• Like 2

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

Alter Bridge- Pawns And Kings 

Machine Head- Of Kingdom And Crown 

These are all on my Spotify queue right now. Trying to determine which one is my album of the year. What I can say is, this is most certainly my top three.

If we are talking my band of the year, that's a tie between Blind Guardian and Rhapsody Of Fire.

• Like 1

Mekong Delta- Dances Of Death 

In my opinion the greatest prog/thrash metal crossover ever. I always think of this as the thrash metal Hemispheres. Brilliant.

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Paramore- Brand New Eyes 

Paramore- Paramore 

I've never been a die hard fan of this band, but these are two particularly fantastic albums. I always though of them as a blend of Jimmy Eat World and No Doubt. 

Yay!! Brand New Eyes is pretty much my favorite at this point. I think it’s where they perfected their particular style of emo/pop punk. The self titled is a really interesting beast. A real grab bag of styles with very bright neon sounds and an overall more commercial approach despite being a much longer album with somewhat longer songs on average.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yay!! Brand New Eyes is pretty much my favorite at this point. I think it’s where they perfected their particular style of emo/pop punk. The self titled is a really interesting beast. A real grab bag of styles with very bright neon sounds and an overall more commercial approach despite being a much longer album with somewhat longer songs on average.

In 2013, my peak year as a Paramore fan, I said it was my AOTY. As time has gone on, it's actually Alter Bridge's Fortress. 

I thought Paramore really created a defining pop album that year. I think it's timeless. May have to replay it! Reminds me in many ways of Jimmy's Invented.

I also loved the non-album singles. Monster being my favourite. For a brief time I thought they were great. Never really got the hype for their first two albums though.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

Rush- Vapor Trails (original)

Rush- Hold Your Fire 

I really don't like the remix of VT. Sorry/not sorry. It's as flawed as the original and its flaws are less appealing to me. The original has a messy production but the searing, white heat of the production really drives the emotionality of the songs home for me. Could be improved, but so far it hasn't.

Hold Your Fire remains a stunning album, but I definitely feel these days that I favour (as I think I always did, honestly) Grace Under Pressure from this era.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Flower King-Adam and Eve (9/10)

Mick

A few years back I bought their two box sets. Only for the seller to cancel because they had just sold out 😂

I don't remember them much now but when I was exploring prog, they stood out to me.

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

A few years back I bought their two box sets. Only for the seller to cancel because they had just sold out 😂

I don't remember them much now but when I was exploring prog, they stood out to me.

i never know with you and prog so i never revommend much.  But FK have elements iof Yes, ELP, Genesis, Floyd.  They are more jam oriented than the pop-ier.....Goofier Spock's Beard.

so i wou;d normally recommend them to folks......you i just don't know:laugh2:

Mick

• Like 1

• The topic was locked