Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Rush- Presto 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

I still wish Presto could get a remaster. It always sounds like a pirate copy to me. I'm not as big on the album as I used to be, but I enjoy it. Roll The Bones has my heart. I love everything about it.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

A lot came out this year. I have missed a few things myself.

It's been a strange year. First half, not much came out. So I got into Blind Guardian and Rhapsody hugely. Second half of the year, relentlessly exciting!

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- Presto 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

I still wish Presto could get a remaster. It always sounds like a pirate copy to me. I'm not as big on the album as I used to be, but I enjoy it. Roll The Bones has my heart. I love everything about it.

Presto songs performed live always had more gusto, more punch to them. I agree with you about the studio album; it’s just painfully thin. But that being said, I have a wonderful soft spot for it, I love the album.

Much the same for Roll the Bones, I really like it. All except for that last song. Awful awful.

Nine songs, 43 minutes, would have been just fine. (But yes, I like the album overall, a lot!)

I ❤️ the piccolo snare.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Blue J said:

Presto songs performed live always had more gusto, more punch to them. I agree with you about the studio album; it’s just painfully thin. But that being said, I have a wonderful soft spot for it, I love the album.

Much the same for Roll the Bones, I really like it. All except for that last song. Awful awful.

Nine songs, 43 minutes, would have been just fine. (But yes, I like the album overall, a lot!)

I ❤️ the piccolo snare.

BLUE J!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are ya man?

Mick

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

BLUE J!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are ya man?

Mick

I’m doing okay, it’s good to be around, thanks…how are you doing, Mick??

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blue J said:

I’m doing okay, it’s good to be around, thanks…how are you doing, Mick??

doing good.....i have a niece ad a nephew now so that's been fun.

Teaching my nephew music already.  his fav song is Penny Lane.  already loves The beatles like his Uncle, lol

my job is done.

Mick

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Blue J said:

I ❤️ the piccolo snare.

I've come to love every song on RTB. The one song I used to really hate was Face Up. 

Presto is an album I have a huge soft spot for. Definitely not as forgiving of its flaws as I used to be, but at the same time there isn't a song I don't enjoy. The two albums are very similar I find, but I think RTB is the superior version.

I recently found myself playing Test For Echo a lot. Bizarre album, I really do think it's their worst, but I had great fun with it, finding things I did like amongst lots that I didn't.

• Like 3

Since Tuesday:

Squeeze - Food For Thought EP

Plastic Sunface - All Jokes Aside, We're Dead Inside

Origami Angel - DEPART EP

Origami Angel - re: turn EP

Origami Angel - DEPART EP (it's that good)

Plastic Sunface - Plastic Sunface

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Damn The Torpedoes

Katy Perry - Prism

• Like 2

Return of the Dream Canteen.webp

The Drummer reminds me a little of Make You Feel Better from Stadium Arcadium and The Shape I'm Takin reminds me of one of (can't think which one) the I'm With You B-sides.

A slow-burn album. 36 tracks across two albums released in the space of about 8 months - might take a while to sink in!

• Like 1

The flower Kings

Islands (8/10)

By Royal Decree (9/10)

i been revisiting latter day FK's.  Used to dismiss cause Tomas on keyboard's is gone.  but i'm happy to say i was wrong.  these 2 are GREAT records.  Islands has a few too many instrumentals on it but it's not a dealbreaker.

However By Royal Decree blew me away.  I think it's their best in quite a few years.  how did i miss it earlier this year?

it's going on my year end list for sure.

Mick

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

My favorite Rush album!

It's definitely one of mine! Though Moving Pictures remains my choice for their most perfect album start to finish. But AFTK was for years my favourite and I love everything about it! 

• Like 3

• The topic was locked