Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

5 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

So, I finally finished Midnights.  I thought it was heavily influenced by the sound and feel of Folklore and Evermore: dreamy, ethereal sound throughout.  Yes, it has a couple of more modern sounding songs, and there are electronic embellishments, but it is nothing like the abomination of Reputation.  Only two songs stood out for me, and neither is particularly catchy (something also shared with Folklore and Evermore).  Overall, I think it's a meh-plus album.  I will say that listening to Swift swear is like hearing a Frenchman rap.  

I LOVE REPUTATION 

I have had my ups and downs with Midnights, but at the moment I am really liking it 

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

I gave this a lengthy break (by my standards). I'm glad I did, I came back to it last night and found it to be a beautiful, beautiful album. Definitely rewards time. There is so much here I connect with. Songs I overlooked upon released really stand out now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

So, I finally finished Midnights.  I thought it was heavily influenced by the sound and feel of Folklore and Evermore: dreamy, ethereal sound throughout.  Yes, it has a couple of more modern sounding songs, and there are electronic embellishments, but it is nothing like the abomination of Reputation.  Only two songs stood out for me, and neither is particularly catchy (something also shared with Folklore and Evermore).  Overall, I think it's a meh-plus album.  I will say that listening to Swift swear is like hearing a Frenchman rap.  

i think i'll just leave Midnights alone if it it hasn't gripped me 10 pays in.  i'll shelve it for a while.  The swearing........in listening back to her more recent output.  in IS gradually becoming a writing crutch for her.  and she needs to pull back from it. like....it's increasing in her music......it really is.  Just my opinion and it's not her.....and i think she desperatly wants it to be.  but..........no lol

it's like miss frizzle on the magic schoolbus making a ganster rap album.

Mick

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

i think i'll just leave Midnights alone if it it hasn't gripped me 10 pays in.  i'll shelve it for a while.  The swearing........in listening back to her more recent output.  in IS gradually becoming a writing crutch for her.  and she needs to pull back from it. like....it's increasing in her music......it really is.  Just my opinion and it's not her.....and i think she desperatly wants it to be.  but..........no lol

Mick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

See it doesn't bother me. I feel it is all down to the listeners perception of an artist though. Not everything will work for everyone. 

This album is certainly only enjoyable in my opinion in a certain mindset. For me, that's anxiety. So if you see me enjoying this I'm probably battling lol, because it soothes me 

• Like 1

Savatage- Dead Winter Dead 

A truly beautiful metal album. I love everything about it. In my opinion Savatage never stepped a foot wrong, but records like this are just stupendously great.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I LOVE REPUTATION 

We have a running joke in my house where if my kids reminds me of “Look What You Made Me Do” they get punished. 

Edited by NoahLutz
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

We have a running joke in my house where if my kids reminds me of “Look What You Made Me Do” they get punished. 

I even love that song. It was meant to be a statement, and it works for me.

That album is one of my top five albums of the 2010s. It could even be my fave.

• Like 1

Washed and waxed two cars

Raked leaves

Three hour round trip into the mountains to a brewery to score some fine brews

Back home and time to enjoy the beer and cook dinner

Not a huge Dead fan but I appreciate their music.

This album was on during the drive.  Winterland 1978

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

Dayseeker - Dark Sun

Magnolia Park - Baku's Revenge 

I forgot to add one in the middle yesterday.

Squeeze - Food For Thought EP

A new song, two interesting re-recordings, and three semi-acoustic live recordings. I really enjoyed it

• Like 1

Thursday:

Rolling Stones - It’s Only Rock N Roll

Queen - Live At The Rainbow 1974

Cosmonaut Cassettes - 47 (this is a DC based singer songwriter I’m friends with and have played at the same gigs as he has a few times, but until today I never got around to listening to his album, a lo fi tape recorded concept album about humanity finding a new planet to call home)

• Like 3

So I finally had proper time to sit down, put on the cans and be consumed by:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Machine_Head_-_The_Blackening.jpg

and my thoughts?  Holy S H I T !!!!  If Dream Theater's and Pantera's children had an orgy the baby would be...

Yep, this!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pressure/Hopenosis said:

So I finally had proper time to sit down, put on the cans and be consumed by:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Machine_Head_-_The_Blackening.jpg

and my thoughts?  Holy S H I T !!!!  If Dream Theater's and Pantera's children had an orgy the baby would be...

Yep, this!

You just listened to the best metal album of the 200s.

• Like 1

Taylor Swift- Midnights

Mariah Carey- Butterfly 

Lana Del Ray- Born To Die 

• Like 2

Pat Benatar- Tropico 

Taylor Swift- Red (Taylor's Version) (bonus material only)

Taylor Swift- Midnights 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

You just listened to the best metal album of the 200s.

I didn’t know they had metal music in the 200s!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I didn’t know they had metal music in the 200s!

Shush you! 😂

• Haha 2

Lana Del Ray- Norman f***ing Rockwell! 

Masterpiece.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked