Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

5 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

the mighty SLAYER:firedevil::firedevil::firedevil::firedevil:

Mick

I do enjoy them from time to time, but they’re really pretty funny if you stop and think about it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I do enjoy them from time to time, but they’re really pretty funny if you stop and think about it.

I never liked them. 

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

oh they've gone on record saying they're not serious at all, lol

Mick

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

oh they've gone on record saying they're not serious at all, lol

Mick

Most satanic and brutality dark themed metal isn't serious. It's about the image and environment it creates. When it's serious, you get things like what happened with the Norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s where people were killed and got sent to prison.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (how does this keep rising in my estimation, I thought I already loved it enough?)

Slayer - Reign In Blood (heeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooouuughhghggoiughgaawwwwwwwww…)

I'm glad you enjoy AK4THR so much! That acronym appears on the matching jumpsuits the band wears when they play live. I'm seeing them again, opening for State Champs next month.

Edited by Super25Smasher
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I'm glad you enjoy AK4THR so much! That acronym appears on the matching jumpsuits the band wears when they play live. I'm seeing them again, opening for State Champs next month.

Me too! One of the best recs I’ve gotten on this site, thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Most satanic and brutality dark themed metal isn't serious. It's about the image and environment it creates. When it's serious, you get things like what happened with the Norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s where people were killed and got sent to prison.

Yeah, on that note, I feel like I see a lot of memes and jokes in metal circles about everything that happened behind the scenes with those bands, and like… I get that it’s metal culture to kind of celebrate darkness and destruction and bond over it and use the music to engage with darkness in a safe and fun and cathartic way… but it just seems in bad taste to be joking or mythologizing the things that happened behind those bands.  But hey, just kinda an observation I’ve made on my own. People are gonna laugh at what they want and mythologize what they will.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Me too! One of the best recs I’ve gotten on this site, thank you!

Anytime! Thanks for reminding me the Plain White T's existed! I played another album of theirs today.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 12:22 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift-Folklore (10/10)

this album really shows me i hate Midnights.

oh god why the backpeddle Taylor!!!!

This album is so damn good.

Mick

So, I finally finished Midnights.  I thought it was heavily influenced by the sound and feel of Folklore and Evermore: dreamy, ethereal sound throughout.  Yes, it has a couple of more modern sounding songs, and there are electronic embellishments, but it is nothing like the abomination of Reputation.  Only two songs stood out for me, and neither is particularly catchy (something also shared with Folklore and Evermore).  Overall, I think it's a meh-plus album.  I will say that listening to Swift swear is like hearing a Frenchman rap.  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked