Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Anathema- The Optimist 

Such a beautiful album. Perfect for autumn and winter nights when the evenings darken.

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene

(I just love how dark and moody this record is, and all the softer moments with pretty dissonance)

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold 

(first time listen, Segue’s recommendation, this rocks. Love love love the lead work, and the vocals have a really beautiful range of tones. Also noticed I really didn’t mind the auto tune effect on one track towards the end, which surprised me)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Warning - Queen Of The Murder Scene

(I just love how dark and moody this record is, and all the softer moments with pretty dissonance)

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold 

(first time listen, Segue’s recommendation, this rocks. Love love love the lead work, and the vocals have a really beautiful range of tones. Also noticed I really didn’t mind the auto tune effect on one track towards the end, which surprised me)

They were one of my favourite bands growing up. I was disappointed in their 2016 album The Stage (which this week I fell absolutely head over heel in love with), and I forgot about them.

Until recently Mick got into them and it rekindled my love.

They are FUN! Something modern metal can forget to be. I love all their albums.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

They were one of my favourite bands growing up. I was disappointed in their 2016 album The Stage (which this week I fell absolutely head over heel in love with), and I forgot about them.

Until recently Mick got into them and it rekindled my love.

They are FUN! Something modern metal can forget to be. I love all their albums.

Fun yes, but not at the expense of the killer tunes and playing!

7 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Difford and Tillbrook - Difford and Tillbrook

Plain White T's - Every Second Counts

Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Thoughts?

It aged really well! For one thing, the opener "Our Time Now" was one of the first pop punk songs I ever heard, after I saw them play it on iCarly. That song holds a lot of memories for me. The melodies are very strong, and you were right about how cool the chord progressions were! I think of the unusual chord progressions remind me of Squeeze, which is another band I think you should check out. Honestly, Gimme A Chance isn't a bad song, even if the topic is a huge cliché. I'll definitely have to play it again soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

It aged really well! For one thing, the opener "Our Time Now" was one of the first pop punk songs I ever heard, after I saw them play it on iCarly. That song holds a lot of memories for me. The melodies are very strong, and you were right about how cool the chord progressions were! I think of the unusual chord progressions remind me of Squeeze, which is another band I think you should check out. Honestly, Gimme A Chance isn't a bad song, even if the topic is a huge cliché. I'll definitely have to play it again soon.

Yeah!! And yeah, my main issue with Gimme A Chance was just the lyrics. I’ll have to put it in my rotation too. I didn’t realize they got a song on iCarly, how cool! And I will have to check out Squeeze.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yeah!! And yeah, my main issue with Gimme A Chance was just the lyrics. I’ll have to put it in my rotation too. I didn’t realize they got a song on iCarly, how cool! And I will have to check out Squeeze.

That was honestly one of my favorite episodes. The whole band performed it in the studio. For Squeeze, I'd recommend Cool For Cats, Argybargy, and East Side Story as good albums to start with

• Like 1

Survivor- When Seconds Count 

Vital Signs is possibly the band's best album, but I've always found When Seconds Count to be it's match, song for song. Brilliant AOR.

• Like 2

Blue Oyster Cult- Blue Oyster Cult 

Blue Oyster Cult- Secret Treaties 

I love their early albums.

• Like 2

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (how does this keep rising in my estimation, I thought I already loved it enough?)

Slayer - Reign In Blood (heeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooouuughhghggoiughgaawwwwwwwww…)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (how does this keep rising in my estimation, I thought I already loved it enough?)

Slayer - Reign In Blood (heeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooouuughhghggoiughgaawwwwwwwww…)

the mighty SLAYER:firedevil::firedevil::firedevil::firedevil:

Mick

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked