Twenty One Pilots - Vessel

MisterWives - Reflections EP

• Like 1

Type O Negative - October Rust

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe

Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Devin Townsend Project - Transcendence

American Football - American Football (the first one)

Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

• Like 6

Alter Bridge- AB III 

This is my go to album ATM. Dealing with some stuff and it's not the first time this album has been my release. Special record, one I enjoy most when I can feel it.

Blind Guardian- Imaginations From The Other Side 

I can't see me ever tiring of Blind Guardian. 

• Like 1

Taylor swift (all last night)

Speak now (8/10)

Red original version (10/10)

1989 (9/10)

Lover (9/10)

Midnights (5/10)

Red is the clear Winner in her Discography that i doubt will be surpassed ever (though Foklore gives it a run) and Midnights remains a Weird disapointment.

1989 is a straight gem that i thought i'd cooled on.. nope.

Speak now was another step in her maturing.  it's not perfect but it's important.

Lover is the kinda underrated, IMO.  After the totally uneven Reputation.  it's more focused punchier and vibrant......though Me! can die a slow painful death.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor swift (all last night)

Speak now (8/10)

Red original version (10/10)

1989 (9/10)

Lover (9/10)

Midnights (5/10)

Red is the clear Winner in her Discography that i doubt will be surpassed ever (though Foklore gives it a run) and Midnights remains a Weird disapointment.

1989 is a straight gem that i thought i'd cooled on.. nope.

Speak now was another step in her maturing.  it's not perfect but it's important.

Lover is the kinda underrated, IMO.  After the totally uneven Reputation.  it's more focused punchier and vibrant......though Me! can die a slow painful death.

Mick

Me and You Need To Calm Down are songs that really damage the flow of an otherwise great album. Lover is spotless otherwise.

Midnights has lost me a little. I feel Jack Antanoff needs to go, the production is stale and the saddest part about this album is its the first time she sounds like she isn't pushing herself. But hey, I had the worst anxiety a few days ago and it gave me peace of mind. 

• Like 2

Diecast- Internal Revolution

Probably the most underrated metalcore album ever released. This 2006 album was found in my CD collection today gathering dust, so I decided to revisit it. I loved it then, I love it now.

Taylor Swift Midnights (5/10)

i know i'm playing this a lot but i'm also finding it a facinating study (it still sucks though)

to have an artist evolve album to album  (some results better than others)  but evoving al the same.  than drop an album that is a HARD regression is so jarring i have whiplash.  i'm sure a little of this is burnout.  but also she is getting up there for a pop star.  she's approaching elder sttatesman taylor fast, lol.

so maybe the well is drying up a bit.

but either way......this is one of the biggest swings ad misses i've heard in a while,  and the bonus stuff makes this album agonizing

Fire Jack Antanoff now.

Mick

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Type O Negative - October Rust

Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe

Rob Zombie - The Sinister Urge

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Devin Townsend Project - Transcendence

American Football - American Football (the first one)

Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance

apparently a lot of Type O fans have a tradition of listening to October Rust during this month, but i find that weird considering it's a Christmas album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

apparently a lot of Type O fans have a tradition of listening to October Rust during this month, but i find that weird considering it's a Christmas album.

It came out in August of 1996. How is it a Christmas album? Fans listen to it this time of the year not just because of the name but because their music fits so well with the fall and winter weather.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

It came out in August of 1996. How is it a Christmas album? Fans listen to it this time of the year not just because of the name but because their music fits so well with the fall and winter weather.

red water

Edited by Mr. Not

Page 9 - The Serenity Chronicles

Page 9 - Revivalist 

Squeeze - U.K. Squeeze

Squeeze - Cool For Cats 

Squeeze - Argybargy

• Like 1

• The topic was locked