Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Taylor Swift-Reputation (7/10)

This one is the odd one in her canon for me.  It has songs on it i loathe (Are You Ready For it, I Did Something Bad, Look What you Mad me Do, And so it Goes, This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things,) while having some of her most iconic songs (Endgame, Delicate, Getaway Car, King of My heart, Gorgeous, New Year's Day) them also having middle of the road stuff too.

I'd take this album over Midnights any day.  it makes me feel emotions.  Some Great.....Some bad but it's an album that challenges

Midnights just says eat your slop, lol

Mick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

Do you have to listen to the complete album to list it here?  For a long time I would only buy or listen to complete albums, but that rarely happens now.  

I don’t know. I usually assume people have listened to the whole thing when they post an album here, but then I’m sure there are times people skip songs they don’t like.

13 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

This one is the odd one in her canon for me.  It has songs on it i loathe (Are You Ready For it, I Did Something Bad, Look What you Mad me Do, And so it Goes, This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things,) while having some of her most iconic songs (Endgame, Delicate, Getaway Car, King of My heart, Gorgeous, New Year's Day) them also having middle of the road stuff too.

I'd take this album over Midnights any day.  it makes me feel emotions.  Some Great.....Some bad but it's an album that challenges

Mick

I DID SOMETHING BAD IS AMAZING

Ima sit this one out 😂 

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things  is my least favourite on the album. It always makes me think of Annie lmao

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

I DID SOMETHING BAD IS AMAZING

Ima sit this one out 😂 

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things  is my least favourite on the album. It always makes me think of Annie lmao

i know what your gonna say.........ok good opinion BUT I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

give me a break Segue i've come a long way with this album so give me the win.......damn you:laugh:

Mick

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i know what your gonna say.........ok good opinion BUT I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!

give me a break Segue i've come a long way with this album so give me the win.......damn you:laugh:

Mick

DID YOU SKIP THE PART WHERE I DISSED A SONG

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I know Reputation mostly for “Look What You Made Me Do”, one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard.  The only song I’ve heard off of Midnights is Anti-Hero, which is actually intelligent and interesting.  If that is indicative of the album, it is much better than Reputation, which is probably Swift’s worst album.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoahLutz said:

I know Reputation mostly for “Look What You Made Me Do”, one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard.  The only song I’ve heard off of Midnights is Anti-Hero, which is actually intelligent and interesting.  If that is indicative of the album, it is much better than Reputation, which is probably Swift’s worst album.  

i'm not a fan of the new One.  it's really reliant on a sound she's beat into the ground at this point.  but if your not overly familier with her you may like it.  but she's had better albums.

Try Red, Folklore or evermore first. If your not a fan of shimmery pop avoid these

Lover

or even Midnights

and yes Look What you Made me Do may be a strong contender for the worst song ever written no jokes.

edit- you are familier.  i've grown to apprciate Reputation more BUT It's towards the bottom for me.  for sure it has some of the worst songs of her career, IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time

more of Haley Williams’ everything is Emo podcast

Arctic Monkeys - Suck It And See

• Like 4

I don't know why but this album showed up on a feed today so I went with it. 

My sister is 7 years older so she was 15 when this album was released ( 1963 ) and I was 8.   She bought the album in 1963 and that was the start of my music education.   Thanks Sis !!!

My favorite song off the album and it's from George.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 6

Le Orme - Felona E Sorona

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Darwin!

Gentle Giant - Free Hand (Steven Wilson mix)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

Do you have to listen to the complete album to list it here?  For a long time I would only buy or listen to complete albums, but that rarely happens now.  

Nah.  I like seeing what albums people are listening to,  whether it is in part or in whole doesn't really matter

• Like 5

13 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

Hi Mick and others,

There's a very moving track hidden away on Midnights.  It's a bonus track on the 3am version, 'Bigger Than The Whole Sky'.

If my reading of it is correct, it's about a miscarriage.  It's very rare for this grief to be discussed, let alone be the subject of a song.  It's not an unusual grief to suffer; it's just barely spoken of.

The lyrics are simple, not load with imagery, but all the more intense for that. 

A  woman speaking with honesty of such an intimate private pain is a fearless thing for her to do and enormously powerful to listen to.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Hi Mick and others,

There's a very moving track hidden away on Midnights.  It's a bonus track on the 3am version, 'Bigger Than The Whole Sky'.

If my reading of it is correct, it's about a miscarriage.  It's very rare for this grief to be discussed, let alone be the subject of a song.  It's not an unusual grief to suffer; it's just barely spoken of.

The lyrics are simple, not load with imagery, but all the more intense for that. 

A  woman speaking with honesty of such an intimate private pain is a fearless thing for her to do and enormously powerful to listen to.

I absolutely adore that song. Thank you for bringing it up! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NoahLutz said:

i put on an album.  if it's one i'm familiar with i list it as it's playing.

If it's a new release or one i haven't heard, I listen to the whole thing list it then put my detailed thoughts.

There's really no wrong way to do it.

Mick

• Like 3

• The topic was locked