Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

91bymrGwUFL.jpg

What is this image from?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, treeduck said:

It's the Screaming For Vengeance novelisation. I think it's a comic strip though.

That sounds so cool!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Why? Did somebody pay you to listen to it? 😄

He seems to be going through the whole discography one album at a time, so it's just one of those things that has to be done for accuracy's sake.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

He seems to be going through the whole discography one album at a time, so it's just one of those things that has to be done for accuracy's sake.

When I do that, I always skip the albums I don't like. I'm not too worried about accuracy.

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

When I do that, I always skip the albums I don't like. I'm not too worried about accuracy.

Replaying albums I don't like as part of a little marathon has lead me to find a lot of hidden gems.

Saying that, I don't need to ever sit

through Supercollidor again 😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Your thoughts on the new Alter Bridge? I like it quite a bit.

I'm at risk of overplaying it ATM. I wasn't excited for it at all, but I'm so pleased with it. It took all I loved about The Last Hero and bettered it by not being TOO MUCH

Speaking of.

Alter Bridge-Pawns & Kings (8/10)

i love this record.  i've had a dozen or more plays of it to comfortably rank it now.

i think it's their best since fortress.  BUT does that mean it's my fav?  No.  i think they're are two very skipable songs here now that it's settled in. in fact i still think i prefer WTS as a whole over this (ducks chair thrown by Segue)

anyway the 2 duds for me.

Stay

Season of Promise

Stay is probably my least fav of their ballads it's just so by the numbers for them on an album filled with things not by the numbers and Season of promise is filler to the max.

having said that i love everything else on here.  Fantastic effort by the boys.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Speaking of.

Alter Bridge-Pawns & Kings (8/10)

i love this record.  i've had a dozen or more plays of it to comfortably rank it now.

i think it's their best since fortress.  BUT does that mean it's my fav?  No.  i think they're are two very skipable songs here now that it's settled in. in fact i still think i prefer WTS as a whole over this (ducks chair thrown by Segue)

anyway the 2 duds for me.

Stay

Season of Promise

Stay is probably my least fav of their ballads it's just so by the numbers for them on an album filled with things not by the numbers and Season of promise is filler to the max.

having said that i love everything else on here.  Fantastic effort by the boys.

Mick

Stay? Really? I love the bones of that song! Season Of Promise however is my least favourite by far. Definitely agree.

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Stay? Really? I love the bones of that song! Season Of Promise however is my least favourite by far. Definitely agree.

Stay is just so......."Token Ballad" i'd go so far as to say it doesn't fit the vibe of the album at all.  it sticks out badly.

Mick

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Stay is just so......."Token Ballad" i'd go so far as to say it doesn't fit the vibe of the album at all.  it sticks out badly.

Mick

I think for a ballad it has a very muscular feel and blends in beautifully. It's a major highlight for me!

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Mick

I will still need a few more listens but I feel the same way about the song. I didn't notice it on my first listen but it really stood out on my second as a song that felt a bit out of place with the rest and not in a completely good kind of way.

11 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I will still need a few more listens but I feel the same way about the song. I didn't notice it on my first listen but it really stood out on my second as a song that felt a bit out of place with the rest and not in a completely good kind of way.

glad i'm not the only one.  The album seems to have a theme/vibe going and Stay sounded like a WTS outtake and a lower tier one.  and i love their ballads but Stay is a complete miss for me.

Mick

dark-moor-the-hall-of-the-olden-dreams-C

dark-moor-the-gates-of-oblivion-cover-ar

AKA the only two albums by them i really listen to

it's a shame how quickly this band went downhill, but it's all simply due to a line-up change. why replace a female vocalist with a male? doesn't make sense to me, especially considering the guy who replaced Elisa doesn't have a close enough vocal range. i honestly had the misconception that the lead guitarist of the band took over lead vocals when she left, that's how mediocre it is :/

the songwriting for the following albums also shift, the softer songs lose all sense of mysticism without Elisa, and a lot of the more energetic songs slow down and become heavier instead, especially during the verses. the greatest strength of this band is Enrik's neoclassical guitar playing imo, but without the correct vox to compliment the compositions the entire band loses it's magic and falls apart.

Since Thursday:

Tiny Moving Parts - Tiny Moving Parts 

Joyce Manor - 40 Oz. To Fresno

Can't Swim - Death Deserves A Name EP

Can't Swim - Fail You Again

Can't Swim - This Too Won't Pass

Can't Swim - Foreign Language EP

Can't Swim - When The Dust Settles EP

Can't Swim - Someone Who Isn't Me EP

Can't Swim - Change Of Plans

We Came As Romans - Darkbloom

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Return Of The Dream Canteen