Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Lacuna Coil - Comalies butchered version (0/10)

You know that scene in the original Jurassic Park where Jeff Goldblum's character comes across that huge pile of dinosaur shit taller than him? Well, that's this album.

ttell it brother!!!!!!  did you make it through the whole thing?  i took it in chunks in between blowing chunks. this makes them look bitch made by the label and devoid of creativity.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

ttell it brother!!!!!!  did you make it through the whole thing?  i took it in chunks in between blowing chunks.

Mick

Nope, never finished a single song. The version of Daylight Dancer in particular is a disgrace. Barely sounds anything like the original and they completely lost the great hook the chorus has. How do you even do that? That's the thing, this version lost most of the melodies that made the original so good. This is more clueless as to what to do next than Shallow Life was.

I will be listening to the new Alter Bridge in a little while. I just figured I would get this steaming pile out of the way first and be done with it.

• Like 1

Alter Bridge- The Last Hero 

Absolutely love this album. Forgot how much so!

45 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Nope, never finished a single song. The version of Daylight Dancer in particular is a disgrace. Barely sounds anything like the original and they completely lost the great hook the chorus has. How do you even do that? That's the thing, this version lost most of the melodies that made the original so good. This is more clueless as to what to do next than Shallow Life was.

I will be listening to the new Alter Bridge in a little while. I just figured I would get this steaming pile out of the way first and be done with it.

that's a good point.  also they lowered keys i think too and inexplicably powered through some songs at a higher  tempo.  it was yea let's bang this one out quick cause we have no real ideas for it.

i just think........we could have gotten a new album. why this........it makes zero sense.   yes ok anniversary but you could have marked that with a show, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

21 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Alter Bridge - Pawns and Kings (8/10)

that's about where i have it.  glad you liked it.

It felt like what they tried on TLH....but ya know......done correctly and actually with enthusiasm  lol

Mick

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

that's about where i have it.  glad you liked it.

It felt like what they tried on TLH....but ya know......done correctly and actually with enthusiasm  lol

Mick

I just don't get how you hear TLH. It's bursting with brilliance and full of life to my ears. 

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I just don't get how you hear TLH. It's bursting with brilliance and full of life to my ears. 

i just find it an unrelenting unpleasant  uninspired assault from start to finish.

nothing feels natural.......it all feels forced like they went to an auto album generator hit the button and TLH pooped up.

yes pooped out was on purpose, lol

Mick

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i just find it an unrelenting unpleasant  uninspired assault from start to finish.

nothing feels natural.......it all feels forced like they went to an auto album generator hit the button and TLH pooped up.

yes pooped out was on purpose, lol

Mick

Fair, if that's how it sounds.

I didn't love it immediately but of all their albums, it is the one that proved most rewarding. 

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Fair, if that's how it sounds.

I didn't love it immediately but of all their albums, it is the one that proved most rewarding. 

just to put in perspective i can't understand how you say there are no noteworthy tracks on WTS

Woudn't you Rather

In the Deep

Godspeed

Take the Crown

Indoctrination (fukkin' INDOCTRINATION????!!!!)

Pay no Mind

Tear us Apart

Dying Light.

i can sing all those to you.  i cannot really remember anything on TLH as soon as it's over.

it's music man......your ears hear what they enjoy.

Mick

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

just to put in perspective i can't understand how you say there are no noteworthy tracks on WTS

Woudn't you Rather

In the Deep

Godspeed

Take the Crown

Indoctrination (fukkin' INDOCTRINATION????!!!!)

Pay no Mind

Tear us Apart

Dying Light.

i can sing all those to you.  i cannot really remember anything on TLH as soon as it's over.

it's music man......your ears hear what they enjoy.

Mick

Not saying they aren't noteworthy, but not a single song would crack my top twenty. It's all very good.

• Like 1

I was listening to a podcast this week where they discussed Supertramp's Breakfast in America in depth.  So I gave it a spin on Apple Music.  Great album.  I'm not a huge fan of the band, but that's an example of a band really, "getting a hold of one," like a hitter who catches a fastball with the barrel of the bat.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked