Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Lacuna coil-Black Anima (6/10)

this album sounds like the board game candyland just vomited all over the mixing  board.

it's sad......it feels like LC is falling into the sallow Life abyss all over again.  the new Comalies sounds like a turd to be as well.  same shitty mixing.  Paper thin drums.  Cris sounding like they stuffed her in a pool of mapal syrup and said now sing bitch

Sorry if this comes off as angry cause it for sure is angry, lol

Mick

I think the album is fantastic but has serious production issues 

• Like 1

Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny 

Judas Priest - Sin After Sin 

Judas Priest - Stained Class 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Sin After Sin is my favourite Priest album. I think it's woefully underrated, and it struck a real chord with me.

Then again, I feel I love Rocka Rolla and Point Of Entry more than most fans do, too 😂

• Like 2

Garth Brooks- Garth Brooks 

I forget sometimes just how much I love Garth Brooks. The best music to relax too. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Wait a minute, you listened to a band people have actually heard of? What's going on here?🤪

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Wait a minute, you listened to a band people have actually heard of? What's going on here?🤪

Lmao. I'm getting ready to see them live next week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Sin After Sin is my favourite Priest album. I think it's woefully underrated, and it struck a real chord with me.

Then again, I feel I love Rocka Rolla and Point Of Entry more than most fans do, too 😂

It's a great album for sure. In my opinion, it's where they started to find their sound.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

What's the most heavy metal song you've ever heard??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

What's the most heavy metal song you've ever heard??

If someone asked me what the most purely metal song is I have ever heard, that captures everything about the genre, who has never heard metal before:

Painkiller

• Like 2

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

We're two of the most metal people here yet we both like Garth Brooks 😄

He's not massive in the UK. No one I know is a fan. So he's like a hidden gem in my collection, and I love his work! 

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Lamb Of God - Omens (9/10)

Best album since Wrath.

It's fantastic isn't it?

• Like 1

Lamb Of God- Omens 

Rhapsody- Legendary Tales 

Machine Head- The Blackening 

• Like 1

Septicflesh- Modern Primitive 

Blown away by this. Not listened to this band in a long while, and it was great to note their latest is masterful!

Phyllis's Hyman- Living All Alone 

Beautiful RnB vocalist. Her shining moment. Shame the world lost her to mental illness and suicide, she was in a league of her own.

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

What do you think of the rest of them?

A friend of mine described solo Sammy perfectly IMO, "He's the apex of mediocrity."  His voice is very strong, even now, but there's nothing terribly unique about him.  He writes solid music, but he probably has about 10 -15 "great," songs.  He is (again IMO) one of if not the most cringe-worthy lyricists of all time.  The title of Standing Hampton being very much in line with how he writes lyrics.  Standing Hampton has more rightly notable songs of his than his other albums.   I saw him in the summer of 2019 with Mike Anthony and his solo band.  He sounded great.   There's a good reason about 50% of the song list was comprised of songs co-written with EVH.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked