Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

8 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Pretty neat title track. But otherwise meh. Least favorite so far

Okay, interesting, but not unexpected. Lizard is usually the most confounding and divisive from what I've read. Fripp himself has said for the majority of his career since making that album he's never understood what its fans hear in it, up until like just a few years ago now. For me it clicked really well right on arrival but I've cooled a little bit on it since, as it's actually not quite as weird as I thought it was when I first heard it.

It is really weird though.

Rhapsody- Symphony Of Enchanted Lands 

Haven't played them in a while. Love them!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Okay, interesting, but not unexpected. Lizard is usually the most confounding and divisive from what I've read. Fripp himself has said for the majority of his career since making that album he's never understood what its fans hear in it, up until like just a few years ago now. For me it clicked really well right on arrival but I've cooled a little bit on it since, as it's actually not quite as weird as I thought it was when I first heard it.

It is really weird though.

I did read Fripp's entry where he called Lizard lovers 'very strange' lol, but I do understand the reason to love it, I'm just not one of those people who loves that specific thing. Not a big jazz guy, ya know?

• Like 1

Machine Head- The Blackening 

Rush- Roll The Bones 

Rush- Caress Of Steel

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ST3V said:

I did read Fripp's entry where he called Lizard lovers 'very strange' lol, but I do understand the reason to love it, I'm just not one of those people who loves that specific thing. Not a big jazz guy, ya know?

I mean, I will say it’s very weird in general and it’s not just the jazz going on, most of which is most obvious in the title track actually. There’s a quality about it that feels like the album is being played by musical circus performers.

• Like 1

Styx- The Grand Illusion 

Mastodon- Emperor Of Sand 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ST3V said:

Islands - Album by King Crimson | Spotify

Now I really wanna know your thoughts on this one. Most fans seem to rank it pretty low, but it’s one of my absolute favorites.

20 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Now I really wanna know your thoughts on this one. Most fans seem to rank it pretty low, but it’s one of my absolute favorites.

Not really sure right now if I like it more or less than Poseidon. Maybe I revisit that later today, but I enjoy it, its a delightful record

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ST3V said:

Not really sure right now if I like it more or less than Poseidon. Maybe I revisit that later today, but I enjoy it, its a delightful record

I think I like Islands just a bit more than Poseidon but theyre really kinda equal for me as of now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ST3V said:

I think I like Islands just a bit more than Poseidon but theyre really kinda equal for me as of now.

Well I'm glad you like it! A lot of folks don't know what they're missing!

18 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well I'm glad you like it! A lot of folks don't know what they're missing!

Its definitely more tasteful than Lizard or Poseidon, which I can certainly appreciate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

Within Temptation - The Heart Of Everything

Within Temptation is currently opening for Maiden in North America. I think these are the biggest shows they've ever done here. I don't remember them ever being on any US festivals or opening for anyone too big here before.

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Within Temptation is currently opening for Maiden in North America. I think these are the biggest shows they've ever done here. I don't remember them ever being on any US festivals or opening for anyone too big here before.

Oh I know! That’s a bit why I played it, I’m still thinking about seeing that when it comes through DC. I might not l, but if I do I figure I should at least know one album

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh I know! That’s a bit why I played it, I’m still thinking about seeing that when it comes through DC. I might not l, but if I do I figure I should at least know one album

Is that the first time you've listened to them?

1 hour ago, Mr. Not said:

From_Chaos_to_Eternity_(Rhapsody_of_Fire

I adore this album. This is the end of the fantasy saga they started with, and generally speaking the end of an era for them. How did you find it?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked