Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Iron Maiden- Powerslave 

I used to think this was was a step down from Piece Of Mind.

These days, I find this one one of the more fascinating and quirky Maiden albums, and I love it a lot.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- Roll The Bones 

Rush- Vapor Trails 

Okay so I think VT is once again a major favourite of mine. Used to love this one intensely. OOPS! I still do 😂

Just curious... original or remix?

Woke up this morning and the new Paramore song, that I had only listened to once, was stuck in my head. That’s a win.

Paramore - All We Know Is Falling

Paramore - Riot!

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

They just got better and better with every record through this point.

• Like 1

Slipknot-The End So Far.

Well.  what a let down.  I've played it twice and for Slipknot it's just.......boring.

I know this is the last album with their label......and it sounds it.  boy does it ever.

There are shining moments.

Yen (great track)

Hive Mind

Medicine  For the Dead

Finale

However it's got some really bad stuff.

Adderall (such a terrible sleepy opener....way to get me hyped....sigh, lol)

Warranty(Awful)

and than the rest is just forgettable.  After WANYK  this is so disappointing.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Buddy Guy - The Blues Don't Lie (first time listen. It's a by-the numbers blues record, but he has a cool cover of I've Got a Feeling by the Beatles. Gunsmoke Blues has quite a bit of bite to it)

Willie Nelson - Red Headed Stranger

King Buffalo - Regenerator

Baroness - Purple

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

Killer Be Killed - Reluctant Hero

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Slipknot-The End So Far.

Well.  what a let down.  I've played it twice and for Slipknot it's just.......boring.

I know this is the last album with their label......and it sounds it.  boy does it ever.

There are shining moments.

Yen (great track)

Hive Mind

Medicine  For the Dead

Finale

However it's got some really bad stuff.

Adderall (such a terrible sleepy opener....way to get me hyped....sigh, lol)

Warranty(Awful)

and than the rest is just forgettable.  After WANYK  this is so disappointing.

Mick

I was not aware this was their last album with the label. So, it does make sense to me that the album is very underwhelming. Usually they take four or five years between albums. But if they needed to get something out before the contract expired, I guess this is what we get when the band isn't allowed to take the time they need. 

I'm kind of glad this is a letdown. There have been several new releases this year that I really like and it would have been a pain in the ass listening wise to add time for another good one 😄

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Rush- Presto 

I recently put this album second to last. This means nothing, because I think of Rush as a band who have 19 albums in my top ten 😂

• Like 6

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

Just fantastic. Every song. Every single song. The bass playing is so fun! The vocals are perfect, and I do not agree with the criticism I've seen that he's too "screamy" or his voice sounds too strained. It's rock and roll, it's urgent, and it feels urgent.  It feels like Lou Gramm, who is perhaps the platonic ideal of a rock singer. The drums are full of style and subtlety. The guitars are bright and quirky. The backing vocals are angelic, and just a bit demented. And all the keyboards and orchestral elements are just lovely, beautiful. And the songs! Oh the songs are so ambitious and yet so tightly wound. Not an ounce of fat, I swear. I just love this thing top to bottom. Album of the year, in the early running for album of the decade.

Do need to get in DOAB and PFTW before the concert tomorrow, and probably this just one more time.

Another fun fact, multiple times listening to this at home I have told myself I was going to just listen and not try to sing along... and each time I have failed, lol.

• Like 2

Rush- Roll The Bones 

Saxon- Wheels Of Steel

• Like 1

• The topic was locked