Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Rush- Rush 

Rush- Fly By Night 

Rush- Caress Of Steel 

Rush- Vapor Trails 

Rush- Snakes And Arrows 

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

Decided to do a weird thing, play the first three albums and the last three albums.

Wow. I really am amazed by this. A strange decision yes, but what struck me is the diversity and the consistency of six different albums, from polar opposite sides of the spectrum of their career.

The growth is immaculate.

Suffice to say, I realise now I love the first three albums way more than I remembered.

I think Rush have 19 albums in my top ten 😂

• Like 9

Anthrax- Among The Living 

Anthrax- Spreading The Disease

Really happy to say I enjoyed these today. Never gotten on well with this band, but I always return to bands I struggle with. Not because I feel I have to be a fan, but because the way my mind works, I know my tastes are always evolving. This was great.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Anthrax- Among The Living 

Really happy to say I enjoyed these today. Never gotten on well with this band, but I always return to bands I struggle with. Not because I feel I have to be a fan, but because the way my mind works, I know my tastes are always evolving. This was great.

You should definitely give Persistence Of Time a listen if you never have. Did you ever hear anything from them with John Bush on vocals? If not, listen to Sound Of White Noise and We've Come For You All. For some reason I think you might really dig the Bush stuff. He has a rawer more aggressive voice than Joey. Hit fit in very well with the band. Too bad that era is ignored by a lot of fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

You should definitely give Persistence Of Time a listen if you never have. Did you ever hear anything from them with John Bush on vocals? If not, listen to Sound Of White Noise and We've Come For You All. For some reason I think you might really dig the Bush stuff. He has a rawer more aggressive voice than Joey. Hit fit in very well with the band. Too bad that era is ignored by a lot of fans.

I'm not familiar with who is who on this band anymore. I used to know loads about all the big bands, but I'm not as nerdy these days.

Sure I will try it!

I have also listened to all of Slayer (no way I'm writing all that out), they aren't really for me. And most of Exodus (shocked how much I like them) and Overkill (f***ing hell, they are underrated!)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm not familiar with who is who on this band anymore. I used to know loads about all the big bands, but I'm not as nerdy these days.

Sure I will try it!

I have also listened to all of Slayer (no way I'm writing all that out), they aren't really for me. And most of Exodus (shocked how much I like them) and Overkill (f***ing hell, they are underrated!)

Joey Belladonna sang for them from 85-92. Bush was with them from 93-2007. Then Belladonna returned briefly then left again. They got some other dude to do vocals but Belladonna came back in 2009/10 and has been with them ever since. The lead guitarist has changed a few times. Former Shadows Fall guitarist Johnathan Donais has been lead guitarist since 2013. Scott and Charlie have been there since the start. Frank has been there since Spreading The Disease.

• Like 1

Slipknot

Iowa (9/10)

Vol. 3 (10/10)

We are not Your Kind (9/10)

All Hope is gone (8/10)

Spent an evening re-discovering a band i used to love.  and found out I ADORE them.

wow was this a an eye opeening listening session.

Mick

• Like 3

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace

wow… I can’t remember last time I listened to almost anything from Sonic Highways. I used to play it all the time when it came out. I love this record. In The Clear, Congregation, Outside, Something From Nothing, I Am A River… man every song is a journey on this album.

• Like 3

Rush- Signals 

Van Halen- Van Halen 

Haken- Mountain 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Slipknot

Iowa (9/10)

Vol. 3 (10/10)

We are not Your Kind (9/10)

All Hope is gone (8/10)

Spent an evening re-discovering a band i used to love.  and found out I ADORE them.

wow was this a an eye opeening listening session.

Mick

I believe singing along to the first four Slipknot albums is the reason I can't do a metal growl/scream anymore. I didn't use any kind of technique when singing along with them back then and it screwed my voice up years down the road. Not that I was some vocal virtuoso to begin with anyways 😄

I'm glad you liked We Are Not Your Kind. I lean towards that being my favorite album of theirs. Everything they do well seemed to come together perfectly on that one.

• Like 3

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

First listen on vinyl. Sounds brilliant. I was singing along just about the whole way through, lol. God Killed Rock And Roll is so far my favorite song of the the 2020's... okay well Sad Clown is also way up there. This is just all killer no filler for me. Loving the new Muse, the new Kendrick is excellent, the new Florence is great, the new The Warning is awesome, and I'm sure when I get around to them I'll love the new Megadeth and Ozzy records... but nothing is gonna top this for me this year. I have doubts about anything topping this for me for a long time.

....okay well one caveat... Paramore is looking to be putting out a new record before the year is out, and I'm going to see them in November with my sister and her roommate... if this new Paramore is as good as After Laughter or Brand New Eyes... Panic might have a shred of competition.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked