Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Slayer-Show no Mercy (8/10)

Honestly probably my fav thrash band. just love the power and how they revel in being so loud in your face and really cheese-y, lol

a really fine start but they'd only get better.

Mick

Oh wow I had no idea you liked Slayer!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

BIFFY 

It was definitely the right mood. I like both of these albums a lot, Puzzle probably a bit more than Elipses. Which one should I try next?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh wow I had no idea you liked Slayer!

friggin' love slayer although i'm not familiar with any albums sans Dave Lompardo.  but i love how just Crazy they are and how it's very much a joke.  but uppity older folk bought right into it.

lol.

Mick

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It was definitely the right mood. I like both of these albums a lot, Puzzle probably a bit more than Elipses. Which one should I try next?

opposites.  find the double album version if you can.

It came in a single and double CD version.  But the doubles the way to go.

just my pick for you.

Biffy's great.

Mick

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

friggin' love slayer although i'm not familiar with any albums sans Dave Lompardo.  but i love how just Crazy they are and how it's very much a joke.  but uppity older folk bought right into it.

lol.

Mick

That’s the same kind of enjoyment I get out of them, though I haven’t heard the debut.

• Like 2

Slayer-Hell Awaits (10/10)

this is a vast improvement over the debut.  Demons, Devil's drinking blood killing priests, Corpse fukking. How folks took this seriously i'll never know.  Thanks to Slayer your parents think metal is just THIS.  obscene loud and fast.  i'll say it again by far my fave thrash era band.  like no contest.

BUT besides all the above these dudes could al play.  the proficiency blows my damn mind.

i never play them much and my fault.  it is so OTT it's actually funny as hell.

Every time Tom lets out a high pitched AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just laugh:laugh2:

Mick

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Slayer-Reign in Blood (10/10)

a classic here.  man this album just does not let up punishing for 36 minutes. and shout out to Rick Rubin.  a major Production upgrade here.

I appreciate Slayer albums are not long,  they get in do their thing and leave, lol

I'm having the time of my life with this band.

Mick

• Like 4

Judas Priest - British Steel

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith

Probably the three records most responsible for making them massively successful.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Judas Priest - British Steel

Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

Judas Priest - Defenders Of The Faith

Probably the three records most responsible for making them massively successful.

Probably? It's pretty much a fact with British Steel and SFV. Not sure about defenders. Used to hear Some Heads Are Gonna Roll played on the radio years ago but never thought the album was that massive.

• Like 1

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

Probably? It's pretty much a fact with British Steel and SFV. Not sure about defenders. Used to hear Some Heads Are Gonna Roll played on the radio years ago but never thought the album was that massive.

Well you never know who might come in with a dissenting opinion and proof to back it up, so yes, lol. Probably. As for Defenders, I think being the follow up to Screaming and an obvious double down on that album’s sound and aesthetic makes it matter. It likely did a lot of work to keep all the new fans who came on with Screaming.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well you never know who might come in with a dissenting opinion and proof to back it up, so yes, lol. Probably. As for Defenders, I think being the follow up to Screaming and an obvious double down on that album’s sound and aesthetic makes it matter. It likely did a lot of work to keep all the new fans who came on with Screaming.

I would like to see someone come with that opinion. It would be like somebody trying to say that Moving Pictures wasn't the main album responsible for Rush's success.

• Like 1

Over the past few days:

The Home Team - Black Sheep EP

The Home Team - Better Off

The Home Team - Slow Bloom

The Devil Wears Prada - Color Decay

Fireworks - We Are Everywhere EP

Rush- Moving Pictures 

Saxon- Crusader 

Styx- The Grand Illusion

Iron Maiden- Powerslave 

Judas Priest- half of British Steel 

Megadeth- Rust In Peace 

And now:

Machine Head- The Blackening 

• Like 9

Neil Young and Promise of the Real - Noise & Flowers.png

Neil's latest live offering

ARENA: The Visitor (PROGRESSIVE ROCK): review / opinion to read on Music  Waves

The Visitor - my favourite Arena album.

Future Legends - Wikipedia

Fruupp were a progressive rock band from Belfast active from 1971-1976.

Despite extensive gigging (including support slots for Genesis and Queen) they just didn't make the big time.

For any prog lovers, their album releases (four albums) are worth exploring.

The Very Best Of Family by Family: Amazon.co.uk: CDs & Vinyl

Family are a hard band to catagorise - quite diverse but at times incredibly good.

Featuring the unusual vocals of Roger Chapman.... sometimes referred to as the 'electric goat'!!

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked