Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you heard the new Megadeth yet?

:spit:

Sorry, that’s just a hilarious reaction to me having listened to Roxy Music and REO Speedwagon. I can just picture the look on your face! 

No I haven’t yet had the pleasure. I’ve heard a couple samples and thought they sounded good, and I also kinda prepped myself for it listening to Dystopia and Peace Sells earlier this week, so I bet I’ll get to it pretty soon.  I did see it the day it came out at a record store in San Francisco, but apparently MegaDave thinks a single new album on vinyl aught to cost as much as an Uber to the airport (those tend to be pretty pricey). Had to pass, which is all well and good since I found Anthrax a few minutes later.

10 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Paramore - Brand New Eyes

Biffy Clyro - Puzzle

Biffy Clyro- Ellipses

Parque Courts - Wide Awaaaake!

Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American

BIFFY 

• Like 1

Rush- Roll The Bones 

This album is one of the most comforting, life affirming albums in my collection. I've really bonded with this album, it's warmth and it's lyrics and it's playing. I love it so much 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

The Mars Volta (2022)

i don't like it! but at least it's kept relatively short so the pain was brief.

honestly, they should have just taken the best few songs and released this as an EP instead, they had plenty of reasons to do that instead. the only two songs from this album i really like are the opening two tracks. and of course, in typical mars volta fashion, they have too much pride to take any fan criticism seriously, and in turn criticize the fans for not liking it instead :D 

oh well, at least most of the other long-awaited band reunions this year have been good.

the-mars-volta.jpg

It's a copper-bottomed turd. The worst thing they've ever done by a mile.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

:spit:

Sorry, that’s just a hilarious reaction to me having listened to Roxy Music and REO Speedwagon. I can just picture the look on your face! 

No I haven’t yet had the pleasure. I’ve heard a couple samples and thought they sounded good, and I also kinda prepped myself for it listening to Dystopia and Peace Sells earlier this week, so I bet I’ll get to it pretty soon.  I did see it the day it came out at a record store in San Francisco, but apparently MegaDave thinks a single new album on vinyl aught to cost as much as an Uber to the airport (those tend to be pretty pricey). Had to pass, which is all well and good since I found Anthrax a few minutes later.

Well, I figured if you had time in your listening schedule for a band as lame as REO then there's certainly room for the new Megadeth 😄

I'm not sure how much say Dave has in the price of the albums though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Turbine Freight said:

I had no idea they had a new album out. I've only listened to a couple of records, thought they were fine 

Tis new album feels a bit like they want to upset fans. It's really not good, though I hear the talent 

3 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

Sammystanding.jpg

🤔 I sometimes feel at times that’s Sammy’s vast body of work doesn’t get the respect it deserves ! :pirate: 

• Like 3

Creed-Weathered(9/10)

As i've grown and matured i've became extremely fond of these guys.  what i despised from overexposure.  Now feels like a long lost friend from my past.  And be honest here these guys wrote bangers.

I LOVE this album in particular.

Mick

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Turbine Freight said:

honestly really bad. i'll give it another try later today.

i didn't mind the singles they released, specifically backlight shine and graveyard love, those two songs are good for what they are...  while i knew we weren't going to get a proper TMV album, i was at least expecting more decent pop songs in the same vein. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Slayer-Show no Mercy (8/10)

Honestly probably my fav thrash band. just love the power and how they revel in being so loud in your face and really cheese-y, lol

a really fine start but they'd only get better.

Mick

If you love Slayer, check out Kreator

• Like 1

• The topic was locked