Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Last Crack - Burning Time

Probably a bit of an unknown band and I suspect a bit of a lost treasure. Only have this and their 1st album Sinister Funhouse #5 and they're both slightly twisted take on that alt-rock/metal intersection but with 2 guitarists. The singer Buddo studied philosophy so his lyrics and approach seem to cover those kind of topics - God, spirituality, the human condition etc - all those lovely things we may or may not struggle with and try to get to grips with. Gives it a slightly different feel to other bands in that genre.

Todd Winger plays bass on it I think and his band Winger were relatively well known. 

Rush- Test For Echo 

This is my least favourite Rush album, and for me there is no contest. However, I genuinely like this album! I had fun with it today. Not perfect, but amongst the great songs are some truly goofy moments that are all the more memorable for it. Wish all my favourite bands worst albums were this entertaining!

• Like 6

Rhapsody Of Fire- Triumph Or Agony 

This is probably my least favourite RoP album. Good stuff, great stuff, overall it's just too soft. The metal takes a back seat here, rendering it a little too tame. This could work if the material itself didn't sound eager to rock out.

Again, like Rush and Test For Echo, I wish all my favourite bands had "weak" albums as good as this!

Rush- Test For Echo 

I'm really addicted to this album ATM. This isn't me crying out it's an underrated masterpiece, because it's not.

But I love the guitar work on this album! It could and should have been greater than it is, but like all Rush albums, I find enough here to satisfy and amuse me (and I mean amuse...these lyrics are NOT the best 😬)

• Like 6

Rush- Clockwork Angels 

This is seriously climbing up my list of favourites.

• Like 5

Since Monday:

With Confidence - Youth EP

With Confidence - Distance EP

With Confidence -- Better Weather

With Confidence - Better Weather B-Sides

With Confidence - Love and Loathing 

With Confidence - With Confidence 

Motion City Soundtrack - Commit This To Memory 

Testament

The Legacy (9/10)

The New Order (10/10)

Practice What You Preach (7/10)

Souls of Black (6/10)

The Ritual (9/10)

I love Testament but i honestly think they're later stuff from Damnation on trumps the early years as a whole.

aside some from the first 2.  i prefer Metallica's first 4 over Testaments.  the Ritual rules though.

Mick

• Like 3

The Warning - ERROR

Blind Melon - Blind Melon

I've never actually played the full Blind Melon album, though I've known Tones Of Home and of course No Rain for a long time, both of which are fantastic songs. The whole album is great! Hard to believe it's from 1992, it sounds at least 3 years ahead of the curve.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The Warning - ERROR

Blind Melon - Blind Melon

I've never actually played the full Blind Melon album, though I've known Tones Of Home and of course No Rain for a long time, both of which are fantastic songs. The whole album is great! Hard to believe it's from 1992, it sounds at least 3 years ahead of the curve.

What are your overall thoughts on Error now that you've heard it a few times?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

What are your overall thoughts on Error now that you've heard it a few times?

Like you wouldn't ask, lol

I dig it. The vocals are great, and the choruses are especially killer.  I definitely do like Queen Of The Murder Scene better though, something about that record just feels a bit more layered and diverse.  But if I'd like a record with nothing but bangers ERROR is the way to go.  The electronic tinge to the guitar tones and fuzzy bass tones is cool as well and fits with the songs. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked