Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Since Friday:

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life 

The Lower Tolpa - Flesh & Bleed

Kesha - Animal

Kesha - Cannibal

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

The new onne kinda an appology album.  it's really not unlike what Greenday tried after the trilogy flopped.  Only MH's is good......BUUUUT it still reeks of tail between your legs....."we made an oops-y here ya go...... SOOOORRRY.

Mick

I don't know if I hear it that way. The band was fracturing behind closed doors around the time of Catharsis being written, whilst the new album has a really secure, confident and focused lineup! I think the new album is incredibly adventurous, especially now I dig more into the concept.

But I won't pretend it's as great as The Blackening. But it comes close!

34 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Raoul and The Kings of Spain - Album by Tears For Fears | Spotify

Christ, this is my band

I remember getting this album when it first came out in ‘95-6 as I was learning Español at the time … and enjoyed the theme / lyrics.

I liked & still like their Songs from the Big Chair & Sowing the Seeds of Love albums too. 
Tears for Fears are one of the few Non hard rock bands I quite highly rate 👍😎

• Like 2

Metallica - Metallica

PJ Harvey - Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing

Camel - Moonmadness

• Like 3

Muse

Showbiz (8/10)

Origin of Symmetry(9/10)

Absolution (9/10)

Black Holes and Revelations (10/10)

the Resistance (7/10)

The 2nd Law (4/10)

As you can clearly see no i'm not bulshitting.  I WAS indeed a Muse fan.  i love the first 4 and think they hold on really well.  they're fun inventive interesting and engaging .

However round about the resistance I get the first taste of the shift that'd be coming.  we get the first rah-rah anthem with that stomping beat that Muse would re-use over and over and over again.  i'm assuming that wwill continue till madonna has a new hit album.

It's on The Resistance too where they go all in on the We can be the new Queen policy and it just fails.

The 2nd Law was my first What da f**k moment with Muse.  This album is ten years old and it sounds 100. it aged like sour milk.

i stopped after the 2nd law cause i know where the story goes.

but Yes i did and still do love the first 4.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Since Sunday:

Stellar Young - Everything At Once 

Stellar Young - Vessels

Stellar Young - The Spark Caught EP

Stellar Young - Become A Flame EP

Stellar Young - And Turned To Ash EP

Muse

Showbiz (8/10)

Origin of Symmetry(9/10)

Absolution (9/10)

Black Holes and Revelations (10/10)

the Resistance (7/10)

The 2nd Law (4/10)

As you can clearly see no i'm not bulshitting.  I WAS indeed a Muse fan.  i love the first 4 and think they hold on really well.  they're fun inventive interesting and engaging .

However round about the resistance I get the first taste of the shift that'd be coming.  we get the first rah-rah anthem with that stomping beat that Muse would re-use over and over and over again.  i'm assuming that wwill continue till madonna has a new hit album.

It's on The Resistance too where they go all in on the We can be the new Queen policy and it just fails.

The 2nd Law was my first What da f**k moment with Muse.  This album is ten years old and it sounds 100. it aged like sour milk.

i stopped after the 2nd law cause i know where the story goes.

but Yes i did and still do love the first 4.

Mick

Here’s how I rank them:

1. The Resistance

2. Origin Of Symmetry

3. Drones

4. Absolution

5. Black Holes & Revelations

6. Showbiz

7. The 2nd Law

8. Simulation Theory

Not sure where I’ll put the new one yet. It’s kinda not at all what I expected.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Here’s how I rank them:

1. The Resistance

2. Origin Of Symmetry

3. Drones

4. Absolution

5. Black Holes & Revelations

6. Showbiz

7. The 2nd Law

8. Simulation Theory

Not sure where I’ll put the new one yet. It’s kinda not at all what I expected.

you won't like this after the first 4 but......lol.

1. Black Holes

2.  Origin Of Symmetry

3. Absolution

4.  Showbiz

5.. The Resistance

then we hit my dark ages but if your forcing me too.

6. Drones

7. Simulation Theory

8. 2nd Law

9.  Will of The people

Make no mistake i find the last 4 equally terrible.

you and i see Muse Wildly different. lol.

Mick

• Like 2

1. Black Holes

2.  Origin Of Symmetry

3. Absolution

4.  Showbiz

5.. The Resistance

6. Drones

7. Simulation Theory

8. 2nd Law

9.  Will of The people

Mick

I think Muse went from super accomplished to the worst of the radio hitters in the UK.

Bands like Biffy and Keane remain superior to me.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I think Muse went from super accomplished to the worst of the radio hitters in the UK.

Bands like Biffy and Keane remain superior to me.

i wasn't kidding when i said those 4 first still sound vibrant and fresh to this day.  i genuinely had a blast re-visiting them.

but around the Resistance Something shifted.  and god bless the fans who find enjoyment but......it's just awful to me.  Lazy pandering bullshit.

I keep playing the new ones cause it's fascinnated to me how Muse sinks lower and lower and they seem to either.

A. Have zero self awareness.

B. love the Direction they're in unironically.

or

C. Love money and will record a fart cause they know no matter what they can string diehards along.

Either way Fascinating to me for all the wrong reasond

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

i wasn't kidding when i said those 4 first still sound vibrant and fresh to this day.  i genuinely had a blast re-visiting them.

but around the Resistance Something shifted.  and god bless the fans who find enjoyment but......it's just awful to me.  Lazy pandering bullshit.

I keep playing the new ones cause it's fascinnated to me how Muse sinks lower and lower and they seem to either.

or

C. Love money and will record a fart cause they know no matter what they can string diehards along.

Mick

Definitely. And whilst fans will point to the charts, the huge venues and the press coverage, the reality is NO ONE talks about new Muse. When people talk about the greatness of Muse, they mention the first four albums.

Seen any gushing praise about how massive Drones was? No.

I love many bands who changed drastically over time. Muse didn't change, they stagnated. The Queen influence is so on the nose now it's unbearable. 

And they were the most embarrassing live show I ever saw. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

1. Black Holes

2.  Origin Of Symmetry

3. Absolution

4.  Showbiz

5.. The Resistance

6. Drones

7. Simulation Theory

8. 2nd Law

9.  Will of The people

Mick

Lol yeah. I do get it though. They changed. Like, really changed. Many of the elements are the same but the approach is just wildly different than it used to be. I think what helps me get into both sides of the discography is the fact that I started with The Resistance, and it was also one of the first albums I ever heard released this millennium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

or

Mick

It’s definitely B, with maybe a hint of C. Watching some of the behind the scenes in the studio clips tells me Muse always know exactly how cheesy they are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Lol yeah. I do get it though. They changed. Like, really changed. Many of the elements are the same but the approach is just wildly different than it used to be. I think what helps me get into both sides of the discography is the fact that I started with The Resistance, and it was also one of the first albums I ever heard released this millennium.

to be fair i think that has a lot to do with it.

i picked up on Muse with Absolution.

went back and found the first 2.....fell in love. Than Black holes blew me away.

so Whenn 2nd law dropped it was SUCH a shift.  my brain has yet to accept it,, lol

Mick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Definitely. And whilst fans will point to the charts, the huge venues and the press coverage, the reality is NO ONE talks about new Muse. When people talk about the greatness of Muse, they mention the first four albums.

Seen any gushing praise about how massive Drones was? No.

I love many bands who changed drastically over time. Muse didn't change, they stagnated. The Queen influence is so on the nose now it's unbearable. 

And they were the most embarrassing live show I ever saw. 

Obviously you’ve never seen me post about Muse before, because I have absolutely gushed over Drones, the Queen influence, the love show (that I still haven my gotten to see in person!) and everything else about this band, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Obviously you’ve never seen me post about Muse before, because I have absolutely gushed over Drones, the Queen influence, the love show (that I still haven my gotten to see in person!) and everything else about this band, lol.

Oh you know me, I'm no Muse fan but LOOK AT MY TASTES, some of my favourite artists are very derided.

I think you'd love them live.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked