Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

17 minutes ago, ST3V said:

Its a shame Glen didnt stay around longer during his 2nd stint with the band, at least we got him on Cyclorama 

I greatly enjoyed that album too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I greatly enjoyed that album too

Cyclorama and Brave New World are albums that I never hear unless im doing it start to finish, I love both to death.

Green Day-Revolution Radio (6/10)

like i remember it.  a nice album......but it's a band coming off the failure of the trilogy (of which i only liked one album....and it WAS a relative failure)  so this was a back pedal i'm not sure they WANTED tto make but they were going back to the well with this one. only it's a dry well by now.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rev Radio is fine but at the same time pointless.  I can go back to and hear that style done WAY better on American Idiot and Breakdown.

Mick

To be fair, that's a legitimate career move. Most AC/DC albums post Back In Black is pointless by that same logic.

But you're not wrong.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 10:47 AM, ST3V said:

The Seeds Of Love (Super Deluxe) - Album by Tears For Fears | Spotify

Did this again today, my assumption that this album would be a grower for me was correct, as I enjoyed it more this time however I may have just been way too tired when I first heard it which is the likely reason.

I also find it much easier to distinguish Roland and Curt on this album (especially considering Curt leads 1 song) compared to the 2 previous albums. I would've never known Shout and Everybody Wants To Rule The World were different singers if I hadn't looked it up. 

Also what awesome cover art.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ST3V said:

Did this again today, my assumption that this album would be a grower for me was correct, as I enjoyed it more this time however I may have just been way too tired when I first heard it which is the likely reason.

I also find it much easier to distinguish Roland and Curt on this album (especially considering Curt leads 1 song) compared to the 2 previous albums. I would've never known Shout and Everybody Wants To Rule The World were different singers if I hadn't looked it up. 

Also what awesome cover art.

Sowing the seeds of Love was very Beatles, (I am the Walrus among others) and psychedelic cover.  :smile:

• Like 1

Muse - Will Of The People

I was right. I love it. It's fantastic. Mick was right about it too though: Musiest Muse have ever Mused. He's just not aMused by that like I am. :joker:

• Like 1

Blind Guardian- The God Machine 

Is this Blind Guardian at their heaviest and most metal? This is like a return to the early nineties, but with an even harder edge! I think I have a new album of the year...

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 9:32 PM, treeduck said:

dream-theater-distance-over-time-5c.jpg

threshold-legends-of-the-shires.jpg

arch-matheos-winter-ethereal-5c.jpg

I've enjoyed Threshold in the past. I really ought to be a bigger fan than I am!

• Like 1

Machine Head- Bloodstones And Diamonds 

Still obsessed with this album.

• Like 1

Night Ranger- Dawn Patrol 

It's a nice sunny day and this is perfect for the weather!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Muse - Will Of The People

I was right. I love it. It's fantastic. Mick was right about it too though: Musiest Muse have ever Mused. He's just not aMused by that like I am. :joker:

if we were were in the same room i'd vomit..........all over your Muse collection right now.:puke:

Muse fans really are very easily pleased.......i'm convinced they could put out just Matt jingling his car keys and you guys would weep.:laugh:

i kid.  have fun.

Mick

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

if we were were in the same room i'd vomit..........all over your Muse collection right now.:puke:

Muse fans really are very easily pleased.......i'm convinced they could put out just Matt jingling his car keys and you guys would weep.:laugh:

i kid.  have fun.

Mick

But where is the lie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

But where is the lie?

I was about to say, not exactly far off the mark, lol. Muse just rarely do anything that doesn’t enchant me.

I’m listening to Will Of The People again. I’m gonna say something that Mick will not like.  This album feels like a perfect pairing for Viva Las Vengeance to me. They’re both such passion projects of camp and theatricality. VLV is the show and WOTP is the after party, or whatever happens in the green room.

4 hours ago, treeduck said:

They've changed the singer again, I prefer the previous guy but the current one is decent.

Do they change singers often? 

• The topic was locked